Shakuntala Devi Educational Institute(SDEI) is affiliated to the HNB University (Srinagar, Garhwal) and recognized by N C T E (Jaipur). It offers Bachelor in Education (B.Ed). It has the requisite infrastructure and facilities. All the modern administrative facilities are housed in suitable buildings. SDEI is a centre for quality physical education, one of its kind, known and recognized widely across the state of Uttarakhand and the all over the country.
To prepare professionals in the field of education.
To provide a student-centered learning community.
To empower students with a solid knowledge base, skill sets and core values.
To ensure quality accreditation through academic programmes.
To contribute to campus wellness.
SDEI has taken upon itself to accomplish the following goals:
To prepare highly skilled and competent facilitators for learning in the fields of education.
To serve as a centre of excellence in research in the fields of education and allied areas.
To provide technical, professional and academic leadership to other institutions in the fields of education.
Admission is offered strictly on merit basis through Entrance Examination and Counseling Decision of HNB Univeristy & Admission Committee, which is constituted as under, whose decision shall be final and binding :
3. Admission Co-ordinator
HOW AND WHEN TO APPLY
1. Candidates are required to submit “Application for Admission” form before expiry of the last date.
2. The Institute is Co-educational and admissions are open to both boys and girls.
3. Within ten days of receipt of the completed admission form in this office, you will receive “Provisional Admission Order”. You are required to follow the instructions given in it.
4. Admission shall be strictly on merit base.
1. Reservation of sets will be as per rules of the state government.
2. In case any seats remain vacant after the expiry of time given to candidates of the second list, seats shall revert back to the general category.
Special weightage of 2 marks in the merit list will be given to :
1. Recipients of N.C.E.R.T. National Award.
2. Holders of N.C.C. “B” or “C” certificates.
3. Distinguished sports person who have participated at state level tournament.
4. Students who have passed 10+2 level examination from rural areas (excluding public/boarding school students).
5. Female candidates.
6. Wards of martyrs of Uttranchal Movement.
7. Wards of war widows.
PAYMENT OF FEES
Fee and other dues must be paid by the candidate selected for admission by the date given. If any candidate fails to pay the fees by the grace period, his/her selection for admission will automatically stand cancelled and the vacancies so caused will be filled in by the candidates next in order.
The Institute is situated in the picturesque lush green Doon Valley (the adobe of Guru Dronacharya), surrounded by Shivalic Hills, at Raipur Road, Dehradun, the capital of Uttaranchal. The location is easily accessible from any part of Dehradun.
The institute building comprises of :
• Lecture Halls fitted with all modern teaching aids.
• Demonstration room with projector.
• Seminar Hall
• Fully equipped laboratories.
• Computer Lab with latest systems connected on LAN with state-of-the-art software and accessibility to Internet.
The pleasures and joy of satisfaction is beyond one’s perception when a sapling planted by one starts bearing fruits. Similarly when your love of learning paired up with the knowledge imparted by us starts coursing through your veins as post academics professionalism not only as a means of bread earning but also it becomes a source of creating real opportunities for you, we feel we have fulfilled our commitment of pursuance of excellence. In order to put the knowledge imparted to our students to practical use we have set up