Infrastructure Facility of RMK Engineering College, [RMKEC] Thiruvallur
Spread across 60 acres of lush green environment, the college has excellent infrastructure facilities including adequate classrooms and seminar halls for respective departments.The College has been awarded the ‘Clean and Green Campus’ by the Rotary Club of Chennapatna for the very clean, green and beautiful campus providing an excellent ambience for learning.The College has been awarded the ‘Clean and Green Campus’ by the Rotary Club of Chennapatna for the very clean, green and beautiful campus providing an excellent ambience for learning.
- R.M.K. Engineering College Computer Centre, which is a central facility and provides computing support to the user community consisting of students, faculty, research staff and office staff for academic and office automation purposes.
- The computer centre with a built up area of 2 * 863 sq.meters, is located in the Swaminatha Naidu Block with more than 1300 computers to afford computing facilities and Internet services.
- The working environment is open and it facilitates smooth functioning of the centre and effective utilization of the resources.
- The Centre provides system administration and technical support which include Software installation, Network monitoring (both wired & wireless), Internet connection and digital library etc.
- The Centre has a 155 Mbps dedicated Internet link.T
- The Centre supports an institute-wide fiber optic network and wireless that connects all the academic departments, hostels, library and other central facilities to the Computer Centre.
- RMKEC has a well-established fully air conditioned library and information centre with a huge collection of 80174 volumes and 21895 titles, Covering all major fields of science and engineering technology with international standard resources.
- The ultra-modern central library is located in Swaminadha Naidu Block covers an area of 1263 Sq.m., the library and information centre has separate reading and reference section to service the Undergraduate and Postgraduate students, staff members and research scholars. Books are classified and arranged according to the Dewey decimal classification (DDC - 22nd Ed.) scheme.
- The library has an Institutional Membership with several external libraries such as British Council Library, MALIBNET, MMA Library (Madras Management Association) and Anna University Library.
- The DELNET access providing the Staff, Students and Research Scholars for the benefit resource sharing in the field of Science and technology.
- The college has comprehensive hostel facilities for the students. Exclusively, three blocks are provided for men, accommodating more than 1000 students.
- The Boys' Hostel-I of 3020 sq.m has 96 rooms spread over three floors and accommodates about 320 students of the second year. The Boys' Hostel-II of 2810 sq.m has 72 rooms and accommodates 200 students of third and final year of B.E/ B.TECH and MCA.The Boys' Hostel-III of 3000 sq.m has 96 rooms spread over three floors and accommodates about 250 students of the first year.
- The boy's hostel has a separate library, reading room, shuttle courts and a shop to facilitate the students.
- The hostel blocks also have STD facility.
- The college has a separate hostel for women.
- Exclusively, three blocks for women, in all accommodating more than 400 students are provided.
- The Girls' Hostel-I of 1330 sq.m. has 36 rooms and accommodates 120 students. The Girls Hostel-II of 900 sq.m has about 20 rooms and accommodates 120 students. A separate dining hall covering 200 sq.m, to accommodate 100 students at a time, is also available in this block.The Girls' Hostel-III of 2800 sq.m. has m ore than 50 rooms with a study hall.
- The girl's hostel has Shuttle courts, Table tennis, and a shop to facilitate the students. The hostel blocks also have STD facility.
Dining & Health Care:
- The hostel is annexed with a kitchen, to provide food at protected and hygienic environment along with dining halls, which can accommodate more than 1000 students at a time.
- The College has a fleet of 80 buses, 15 vans and cars to transport students and staff from Chennai to college and back.
- These buses operate along 8 routes starting from different points approximately between 6.30 and 6.45 a.m.
- The college has a clinic with a full-time doctor and a dispensary with two beds.
- Also two ambulance vans available for service.
- A medical shop is kept opened till 9.30 p.m.
- The college has well-equipped power gym and hydraulic gym (Air Conditioned) with latest multiple machines.
- These gyms could accommodate 100 Students per session. Each session will be engaged by experienced trainers.