Infrastructure Facilities at Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, [RUHS] Jaipur:
Department of Anatomy
- Cadaveric Dissection - A well-maintained dissection hall is present in the university for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students for dissection of human cadavers.
- Histology Lab - It is equipped with a monocular, binocular and dissection microscope to practice histological procedures.
- Library - It has both national and international books for the reference of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Preservation - The department has expertise in embalming, plastination, and corrosion cast techniques.
- Museum - It contains specimens, charts, models to understand the subject of anatomy better.
Department of Biochemistry:
- Laboratory - The range of experiments covered include colorimetry based analyte estimations, electrophoresis, chromatography, ELISA, flame photometry and pH meter. The practicals are conducted to teach students the common techniques practiced in biochemistry and clinical chemistry.
- Research Laboratory - The latest equipment for research is present in the lab. The techniques practiced in the lab include ELISA, chemiluminescence, spectrophotometry, electrophoresis, chromatography.
- Seminar Room cum Library - The latest national and international books are present with 80+ books are available.
- Demonstration Rooms
- Lecture Theatre
Department of ENT
- Outpatient Clinics - Vertigo, speech therapy, voice rehabilitation are run and managed for patients on a regular basis.
Department of General Surgery
- 3 general wards with a total of 108 beds including ICU.
Department of Microbiology
- Lecture theatre with audio-visual aids.
- Demonstration Room with needed equipment.
- Practical Lab for teaching students various parameters utilized in the department.
- Research Lab to perform research activities under various grants.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Hormonal profile
- Auto-analyzer for routine blood investigations
- infective profile screen TORCH profile
- HIV Screening
- CTG machine
- Fetal Doppler
- Manual Vacuum Aspiration kit
- Colour Doppler
Department of Ophthalmology
- Operating Microscope
- Phacoemulsification machine
- Slit Lamps
- Auto refractometer
- Auto Keratometer
- Nd Yag Laser
- Indirect Ophthalmoscope
- Streak Retinoscope
- Refraction sets
Department of Oral Pathology
- Histopathology Lab - To enable tissue processing with H&E stains to make an accurate diagnosis.
- PG Clinic - Equipped with an appropriate number of dental chairs for patient examination.
- UG practical lab - Equipped with state of the art microscopes.
- Seminar Hall
- Video Microscope
Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- UG & PG Clinic
- Sterilization Room
- Library - It has a good number of books for reference
- IT Room [projector, printer & internet]
- Minor OT
- Major OT with 2 tables and 2 ventilators with necessary surgical equipment for emergencies.
Department of Orthopedics
- High-Frequency C-Arm machines
- Remote operated fracture tables
- Power drill and saw
- Arthroscopy system with high-definition camera
Department of Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry
- Clinical & pre-clinical lab
- Sterilization Room
- Library - with a good collection of books for reference.
- IT Room [with projector, printer, computer & internet]
- Play Area
- Counseling for Childeren
- Special Clinic - for differently abled children
Department of Pediatrics
- Out Patient Services - The OPD runs all 365 days in a year and differs in timing during Summer and Winter. All experienced doctors are available on all days.
- In-patient services - Children are admitted to the RDBP Govt. Jaipuriya hospital with bed strength of 47. The ward has the necessary amenities to make it a child-friendly hospital ward. The ward is equipped to handle medical emergencies with multi-parameter monitors available by the bedside. There is a well-functioning in-house laboratory that supports the ward.
- Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit [NICU] - It has radiant warmers, ventilators, CPAP, multi-para monitors, blue-light phototherapy unit, piped oxygen supply, etc.
- Emergency - The Accident & Emergency [A&E] section consists of triage room, zero delay ward and high dependency unit for patients who require close monitoring. It has a 24-bed ward and provides round the clock services. The unit has all forms of oxygen therapy, radiant warmers, pediatric ventilators, and facilities for conducting minor procedures.
- Investigations - Hematological investigations, bedside x-rays, ECG and ultrasonography are available 24hrs. There is a side lab facility for immediate reporting on parameters like hemogram and urine etc. The OPD also has a procedure room for taking blood samples.
Department of Periodontics
- PG Clinic - It is well-equipped with RVG, physiodispenser for dental implants, high-speed suction, advanced electrosurgical unit.
- Seminar Room - All the necessary audio-visual aids available.
Department of Pharmacology
- Pharmacy Lab - Students learn about drug preparation and prescription writing. It has tablet disintegration machine, distillation apparatus, deionizer, ultra-centrifuge.
- Experimental Lab - This lab is responsible for drug tests on animals to study their effects. It has kymograpgh with drum, types of levers, student's organ bath, convulsiometer, analgesiometer, channel physiograpgh, distillation apparatus, flame photometer, rotarod etc.
Department of Physiology
- Lecture theatre
- Demonstration Room
- Research Laboratory - It has a gas analyzer, bicycle erograph, NCV/EMG machine, computerized pulmonary function testing machine, polygraphs, single channel physiograph, colorimeter, pH meter.
- Library - It stocks about 100 books along with national and international journals
- Seminar Room - with necessary audio-visual aids.
Department of Prosthodontics
- UG & PG Clinics
- Ceramic lab with CAD/CAM
- Library - with a good collection for reference.
- Seminar Room - with a projector, computer, printer & internet