Infrastructure facilities at the Periyar University, [PU] Salem:
- It has 75,098 volumes of content and reference books on different disciplines.
- The library subscribes 203 National and International Journals, 118 Online Journals and 13 driving Newspapers.
- College Library has 2,309 CDs/DVDs. Notwithstanding that, E-Question bank of Periyar University Examinations and E-Thesis of Periyar University are accessible as well.
- Provision for open access system is present to cater to the needs of P.G. understudies, M.Phil. also, PhD researchers and staff individuals from the University.
- College Library has different areas, for example, Reference Section, Textbook Section, Books for aggressive Examinations and so forth
- Provision for hostel facility with all required amenities is available for both, girls and boys.
- The Computer lab contains 61 personal computer systems which cater to online browsing mail needs of the students. The University has propelled 1 Gbps Internet network to build the Internet utilisation and to advance ICT-empowered soft skill programme.
- The university has its devoted transport for the day researchers, covering the whole city. Routes are arranged in accordance with the accommodation of the students. The establishment has sent twelve medium measured means of transport in order to save time for students driving to and from the organisation.
Personality development and communication skills:
- The Institute attempts hard and fast endeavours to draw out the talents of the students and provide necessary support and training for development in qualities, shaping their personality, with the goal that they grow up as experts with excellent interpersonal and intrapersonal communication skills.
Yoga and Meditation:
- The university conducts standard yoga sessions and meditation practices that contribute to the abilities and mental and physical well-being of the students.are likewise an element to support understudies for building up their individual ability and wellbeing. It is very important for the student to deal with the pressure and hardships in course of their academic and professional career.
- The gym is well equipped with latest supplies along with supervising mentors and physiotherapists for guided exercise for students and staff.
Anti-Women Harassment Cell:
- The cell is headed by a senior professor as a chairperson and senior faculty members functioning below the chairperson.
- The Cell is engaged in investigating all types of provocation against ladies and suggest proper actions.
Anti Ragging Cell:
- Pertaining to the regulations of the Supreme Court of India, the university ensures a ragging free environment in within the college and the hostel premises as well. Anti Ragging Cell is headed by Prof. (Dr.) B.K. Sarah capacities for the avoidance of ragging under any circumstances. The cell also has senior faculty members who counsel the students and make them aware of the guidelines of the supreme court in this regard.