Eligibility Process for M.Sc in Nursing and M.Sc in Medicine:
M.Sc. Nursing Programme (2 Year Programme):
Minimum Eligibility required for this course :
The applicants seeking admission for this course should fulfil all of the following conditions:
- The applicants seeking admission should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- The applicant who is looking for admission for this course in particular, should have passed B.Sc. in Nursing / B.Sc. (Hons.) in Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing, from an institution which is recognised by Indian Nursing Council, with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in case of general category, and 50% aggregate marks in case of SC/ST category.
- The applicant seeking admission must have a minimum of one year of work experience after his/her basic B.Sc. in Nursing, or prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Such applicant seeking admission should be medically fit.
M.Sc. Medical and Biotechnology Programme (2 Years):
The applicant seeking admission should have passed MBBS or B.Sc. in Biology / Microbiology / Biochemistry / Zoology / Botany or Biotechnology, from any recognized University. First preference will be given to Medical graduates.
Age (for M.Sc. Medical and Biotechnology):
The applicants seeking admission should be less than 30 years of age in case of male candidates.
There is no age limit for female candidates.
Application Process for M.Sc :
The applicants seeking admission for the course mentioned above, can access the Application Form through either of the following three ways:
- The application form may be collected by the applicant seeking admission by hand from the University by paying the prescribed fee.
- The applicant can collect the form by post only after submitting a written application along with the prescribed fee in advance.
- The applicants seeking admission in this university can obtain the application form by downloading it online, from the University website and the applicant is requested to take a print out of the Form.
- The applicants who seek admission must fill in the personal and educational details. The applicants must write in Capital Letters only and mark with ‘ticks’ in the required spaces.
- The applicants seeking admission should affix a recent passport size photograph in the space provided and select the course for which he/she are applying for.
- The applicants seeking admission shall also have to fill in the medical check-up report which must be verified by a Doctor and have his seal and the Department. This provision is only applicable to certain courses.
- The applicants seeking admission should then send the duly signed Application Form along with the requisite enclosures to the respective colleges of the University.
Admission Process for M.Sc in Nursing and M.Sc in Medicine:
The applicants seeking admission will be selected on the basis of the merit list which will be published by the University.
Note: 20% of the applicants seeking admission sponsored by Educational Institutions, Industries or Organizations may also be admitted as per order of preference as mentioned above.
Admissions shall be made in following order of preference:
- Merit List will be prepared on the basis of test conducted by University or an Agency on its behalf.
- Merit prepared on the basis of CGPA or marks obtained in the qualifying examination and subject to qualifying in the personal interview conducted by the University with a provision that seats shall be first filled by applicants possessing BE, B.Tech, AMIE degrees before offering them to others.