Infrastructure Facilities at Patna University
- The Central Library of the University is catering to the needs of the students, staff and research scholars. The Library has been connected to internet and steps are being taken to computerize the working.
- The Library is connected to INFLIBNET and steps to computerize its working are under process.
No. of Volumes
4, 00, 000
- The Institution provides facilities for hostel accommodation for both boys and girls.
- The hostels are spacious, safe and secured with a cordial environment and surrounded by pleasant landscapes.
- A hygienic kitchen has been provided in each hostel with large dining halls.
- The rooms are well furnished. the college has 4 ladies hostels accommodating more than 1400 boarders and 7 boys hostel with more than 2500 boarders.
- Both the hostels have round the clock Wi-Fi connectivity and medical facility.
- Proper hygienic condition and strict supervision are maintained throughout.
- The college has its dedicated transport for the day scholars, covering the entire city.
- Route plans are chalked out keeping in mind the convenience of the students.
- The institute has deployed twelve medium sized buses so as to save time for students in commuting to and from the institute.
Personality Development & Communication Skills:
- The Institute makes all out efforts to bring out the hidden talents of the students and nourishes in them leadership qualities, excellent communication skills, and a developed personality so that they grow up as professionals of global standards to flourish in a professional career.
Yoga & Meditation:
- The holding of regular yoga sessions and meditation practices are also a feature to encourage students for developing their individual talent and health.
- This is also aimed at building their positive attitude and providing them relief from feelings of burden and disappointment if any.
- The gym has the latest equipment aided by trainers and physiotherapists for guided exercise for students and staff.
Anti-Women Harassment Cell:
- As made mandatory by law an anti-women harassment cell is functioning in University with a senior professor as Chairperson and other senior faculty members as members.
- The Cell is empowered to look into all forms of harassment against women and recommend appropriate sanctions.
- As per Hon'ble Supreme Court's judgment, the institute ensures a ragging free environment both inside the academic premises and hostels.
- The anti-ragging cells under the Chairmanship of Prof. (Dr.) B.K. Sarap functions for the prevention of ragging in all its forms.
- Further, the Cell has senior faculty members as members who counsel the students to be aware of Hon'ble Supreme Court's judgement and how to abide by it.