Established with an aim to empower rural women, Mahila Mahavidyalaya PG College initiated advanced learning courses to infuse confidence and stimulate a feeling of independence in them. The College is equipped with excellent amenities and infrastructure to meet the needs of students. Its highly-qualified faculties are dedicatedly involved in raising the bar of this college in whole of Uttar Pradesh. NAAC also has promoted its accreditation grade to B+ because of its vast improvement in all the requisite parameters.
Mahila Mahavidyalaya PG College is proffering Graduate and Post-Graduate Courses in Education, Arts, Commerce & Science, with special emphasis on computer education and command over English language. Also, it is offering vocational courses in tourism, mass-communication, computers etc. Today, it is proud of its students who have occupied places in coveted companies, government offices, colleges and institutions.
Education is a journey from ignorance to knowledge: a journey from darkness to light. Darkness symbolizes ignorance and light symbolizes knowledge. The radiance of the sunrays in the emblem signify the steady but sure radiance of knowledge dawning upon the students who come to the institution in quest of knowledge. The sun also marks the energy, verve and optimism that lies in the heart of all aspirants of knowledge.
- The mission of the institution is to eradicate ignorance, superstition, hatred and discriminations. The institution endeavors to instill knowledge, free thinking, a fearless mind, a humanitarian attitude and an egalitarian approach amongst those who come to our institution.
- The institution strives to fulfil the vision of Swami Vivekanand about education. He said,
- ‘We want that education by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased, the intellect is expanded and by which ‘one can stand on one’s feet.'
- The mission of the institution focuses these four broad aims of education i.e. to form the character: to strengthen the mental power: to expand the horizons of intellect i.e. thinking capacity of students : to enable students to make out their living via jobs and placements or entrepreneurship.
- The mission is to prepare strong, fearless women who are conscious of their diginity and train them in social behaviour so that they become successful citizens of tomorrow and contribute to the growth of the Nation.
- The mission is to inculcate feelings of patriotism and nationalism in the students.
- The mission is to groom and polish the female students who come from urban as well as rural areas so that they become intellectually awakened, morally strong and socially responsible citizens.
Why to Join Mahila Mahavidyalaya PG College?
Prestigious and Old College of women in Kanpur:
The College has strived hard years to gain the status of one of the prestigious colleges of Kanpur. It creates placement opportunities for its students by organizing job fairs in the campus and has succeeded in shaping the careers of numerous students at renowned companies like Reliance, Bajaj Allianz etc. in the past years.
Courses Offered :-
- Bachelor of Arts [BA] (Drawing and Painting)
- Bachelor of Arts [BA] (Economics)
- Bachelor of Arts [BA] (Education)
- Bachelor of Arts [BA] (English Literature)
- Bachelor of Arts [BA] (Hindi Literature)
- Bachelor of Arts [BA] (History)
- Bachelor of Arts [BA] (Home Science)
- Bachelor of Arts [BA] (Music Vocal)
- Bachelor of Arts [BA] (Political Science)
- Bachelor of Arts [BA] (Psychology)
- Bachelor of Arts [BA] (Sanskrit)
- Bachelor of Arts [BA] (Sociology)
- Bachelor of Arts [BA] (Computer Applications)
- Master of Arts [MA] (Drawing and Painting)
- Master of Arts [MA] (Economics)
- Master of Arts [MA] (Education)
- Master of Arts [MA] (English Literature)
- Master of Arts [MA] (Hindi)
- Master of Arts [MA] (Sociology)
- Master of Arts [MA] (Home Science)
- Bachelor of Education [B.Ed]
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism Interior Designing
- Advanced Diploma In Office Management and Secretarial Practices
- Bachelor of Arts [BA] (Mass Communication)
- Diploma in Mass Communication