About Kannur University
The university was established by the Act 22 of 1996 of Kerala Legislative Assembly. The University by the name "Malabar University" had come into existence earlier by the promulgation of an Ordinance by the Governor of Kerala, on 9th November 1995. The University was inaugurated on 2nd March 1996 by the former Hon. Chief Minister of Kerala. The objective of the Kannur University Act 1996 is to establish in the state of Kerala a teaching, residential and affiliating University, promoting the development of higher education in Kasargod and Kannur revenue districts and the Mananthavady Taluk of Wayanad District.
Kannur University is unique in the sense that it is a multi-campus university with campuses spread over at various locations under its jurisdiction. The Act envisages that the University shall establish, maintain, manage and develop campuses at Kannur, Kasaragod, Mananthavady, Payyannur, Thalassery, Kanhangad and such other places as are necessary for providing study and research facilities to promote advanced knowledge in Science and Technology and other relevant disciplines.
- Nehru College, Kanhangad;
- Pius X College, Rajapuram
- Payyannur College, Payyannur.
- Co-operative Arts & Science College, Madayi 
- Sir Syed College (Taliparamba)
- E.S. College, Sreekandapuram
- N. College, Kannur 
- Nirmalagiri college, Kuthuparamba
- Pazhassi Raja N. S. S. College, Mattanur
- Mahatma Gandhi College, Iritty
- A.M College Kallikkandy 
- Mary Matha Arts & Science College
- Taliparamba Arts and Science College, Taliparamba
- Training Colleges (Aided)
- K.M. College of Education 
- Keyi Sahib Training College 
- Oriental Title Colleges (Aided)
- Nusrathul Islam Arabic College
- Darul Irshad Arabic College
- Morazha Co-Op Arts & Science College, Morazha
- AMSTECK Arts & Science College, kalliasseri
- College of Applied Science, Pattuvam
- College of Applied Science, Pettikundu
Application Eligibility criteria
- Candidate must have passed/appeared for the Qualifying Degree Examination and secured the prescribed Minimum Marks in the Subject(s)/course(s)concerned as mentioned in the Brochure. and
- Candidate must have qualified at the common Entrance Test conducted by the University in the Academic year for which admission is sought. For administrative reasons, the University may conduct the entrance test before the publication of the results of the qualifying degree examination concerned. But qualifying at the Entrance Test alone does not confer a right of admission into a course. In addition to being qualified at the common Entrance Test, a candidate will be eligible for admission only if he/she passes the qualifying degree examination before the commencement of counseling for admission and secures the prescribed minimum marks in the subject(s)/course(s) concerned. He/She must submit the necessary documents at the time of counseling.
How to apply
The applicants seeking admission can follow these simple steps:
- The applicants seeking admission can apply by filling the online application form available on the website.
- The applicants seeking admission can register themselves to the Under Graduation courses by submitting the registration
- The applicants seeking admission can pay the registration fees through Credit Card or Debit Card or Net Banking.
- The applicants seeking admission are advised to take the printout of filled-in online application form.
- The applicants seeking admission must upload the following documents along with the filled in application form
- Department of Studies in English
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Biotechnology & Microbiology
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Applied Economics
- Department of Law
- Department of Statistical Sciences
- Department of Physics
- Department of Geography
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Environmental
- Department of Nano Sciences
Address: Civil Station, P.O Thavakkara, Kannur, Kerala 670002
Inquiry Number: 0497 2715335
fax: 0497 2711460