Eligibility criteria at International Institute of Information Technology, [IIITB] Bangalore
Eligibility criteria for M.Tech:
- The candidate must hold a first-class in 10 + 2 (or equivalent) with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Students expecting to complete the minimum requirement by August may also apply.
- The applicant must have taken Mathematics as one of the subjects in the above qualifying examination.
- All the candidates must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in qualifying examination.
- The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final.
- If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet.
- If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counseling/admission.
- In case such a certificate is not provided, the decision taken by the IIITB Admissions Committee shall be final.
Eligibility criteria for M.Sc:
- The candidate must hold an undergraduate degree (of at least 3 years duration) in any discipline with a first division/class from a recognized University.
- Those expecting to graduate by 1st August may also apply.
- The candidate must have a certification of computer application/ programming from a recognized institute (an added advantage, but not mandatory).
- Relevant work experience (an added advantage, but not mandatory).
Application Process at International Institute of Information Technology, [IIITB] Bangalore
Application Process for M.Tech:
- The link for online application will be available on the website.
- Candidates who apply for M.Tech. will be automatically considered for both M.Tech. (IT) and M.Tech. (ESD) programs based on the eligibility.
- Applicants need NOT apply separately.
- The branch for which admission offer is made (whether IT or ESD or both) will be mentioned in the offer of admission based on the GATE Score of the candidate and also the availability of seats.
- All applicants need to pay a non-refundable application fee of INR 1000/-.
Application Process for M.Sc:
- The admissions process is online – the details of admissions portal will be provided in the research admissions website when the portal goes live.
- All applicants need to pay a non-refundable application fee of INR 1000/-, the payment for which shall be done online through the admissions portal.
- It is mandatory for all applicants to get at least two recommendation letters.
The online application will require submission of a consolidated pdf file which contains:
- a cover letter summarizing the application (including research interests, choice of the research domain, and the topic of interest for thesis, if any),
- most recent curriculum vitae (including the name as per 10th-grade mark sheets or government-issued photo identification document, postal address, contact mobile number, details of two or more recommenders/references),
- scanned copies of self-attested copy each, of all relevant academic transcripts.
- scanned copies of signed recommendation letters from references*
- scanned copy of photo ID (proof of the name given in curriculum-vitae),
- a statement of purpose (an essay of not more than 1500 words including research interests and relevant experience),
- a statement of research preparation (an essay of not more than 1500 words on how the applicant has objectively prepared him/herself to undertake the demanding research program at IIITB),
- if available, a list of relevant publications.
- The references may choose to send us single-blind recommendation letters (i.e. the applicant does not see the recommendation letter), in which case they may email the letter to [email protected] with subject stating “Recommendation letter for Application: “, including application ID generated by our admissions portal and the applicant\'s name as mentioned in the online application.
- inform the concerned reference the application ID and applicant name, as well as the deadline for submission of reference letters, and
- indicate in the cover letter that the recommendation letters may be expected separately.
- Academic transcripts pertaining to all degree programs (including term/semester performance reports/grade cards) completed by the applicant shall be deemed relevant. If the applicant is seeking provisional admission for Masters or Ph.D. program, as in is currently completing Bachelors or Masters degree, respectively, the applicant may state so in the cover letter.
- All queries may be sent via e-mail to the Institute: [email protected]
- The degree program manuals and admissions brochure are available at the website
Admission Process at International Institute of Information Technology, [IIITB] Bangalore
Admission Process for M.Tech:
- Admissions to the Integrated M.Tech program is solely on the basis of score of Paper-I of JEE (Main) announced under the Joint Entrance Examination JEE (Main), conducted by CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION.
- Applicants must enter the requisite details in the online application form.
- There is no fixed cut-off of JEE (Main) Score in Paper 1 for admissions to the iMTech program.
- Admission offers were made up to JEE score CSE:185 and ECE:168.
- The JEE Score cut-off for the academic year will vary depending upon the actual applications received.
Admission Process for M.Sc:
- Selection for the program is on the basis of an entrance examination that will be conducted by IIIITB followed by a personal interview to be held at IIITB campus.
- The entrance examination will test numerical/quantitative, analytical, and verbal abilities, as well as design, social, and information technology awareness.
- Further details about the entrance examination along with sample questions will be made available on the admissions website.