About Indira Gandhi Institute of Cooperative Management, [IGICM] Lucknow
Indira Gandhi Institute of Co-operative Management, Lucknow is one of the 19 Institutes in the country functioning under the administrative control of National Council for Co-operative Training, New Delhi, funded by the Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Agriculture & Co-operation, Government of India. Institute is located at Block-B, Sector-18, Rajajipuram, Lucknow.
The objective of this institute is to inject the professionalisation of Management in the Co-operative enterprises. From the very beginning the institute has been acting as a nodal agency for the various training, research and consultancy needs of the Co-operative institutions and department in the state. It also serves as a think tank to sort-out the specific problems of the co-operatives in this state.
Indira Gandhi Institute of Cooperative Management, Lucknow (IGICM) is one of the first management institutes in the state which was established in 1956. The institute has been operating under the management of NCCT (National Council for Co-operative Training), New Delhi and receives its funding from Ministry of Agriculture, Department of co-operation, Government of India.
- The institute has its center for Management Education (ME) which conducts Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program duly approved by the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), Ministry of HRD, Govt of India, New Delhi.
- Intake capacity - 60 students for the M. B. A. course and around 85 students for the Diploma courses.
- The institute acts as a nodal agency for the various research, training and consultancy needs of the co operative departments and institutions in the state, in addition it serves as a think tank for sorting out specific problems of the state’s co-operatives.
- The institute has been set up with the objective of imbibing the co operative enterprises with professionalization of Management.
- Some of the companies visiting the campus for placement are IFFCO, India Infoline, KRIBHCO, Malyalam Manorama, Reliance Communication, Religares, Axis Bank, Bharat Electronic, ITI Limited, Sugar Factory, Bharti AXA, Eveready Battery, etc.