IIM Trichy Facilities
Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirapalli infrastructure is spread across 172.27 acres and offers state-of-the-art facilities to students for professional learning. Further details about IIM Trichy infrastructure are mentioned below.
- IIM Tiruchirappalli has a total of six student hostel blocks designed keeping all the aspects in mind.
- Each IIM Trichy hostel block has 3 floors with 18 rooms on each floor branching into the left and right wings at a passage with the common room on one side and the lift on the other.
- The female students are accommodated in a hostel block dedicated to themselves and differently-abled students in specialised rooms and attached bathrooms on the ground floor, and the flawless architecture ensures co-learning.
- The LAN connections in all the hostels of IIM Trichy facilitate high-speed internet. The college also has the mess and the canteen block, which houses the night canteen, a sandwich bar, and departmental stores is a stone’s throw away from the Hostels.
- The IIM Trichy hostel has single-occupancy rooms furnished with air-conditioners, whiteboards, and a private balcony that overlooks an artificial canal.
- Two common washroom wings on each floor are provided for convenience.
Learning Resource Centre
- IIM Trichy library facilitates knowledge creation through its electronic search platform and access to many research resources on and off-campus. It offers a vibrant and state-of-the-art learning environment consisting of dedicated business and management-related resources.
- It has a world-class collection of books, journals, newspapers, magazines, and other relevant resources such as project and industry reports. The LRC also provides access to the leading electronic resources in business and management, through which we will serve the needs of academics and practitioners.
- IIM Trichy library boasts of an impressive collection of books and journals, which affords students access to various full-text articles in management science and related fields, which will be a critical tool for the course and project work.
- IIM Tiruchirappalli infrastructure has over 400 personal computers and 100 printers configured with the latest specifications and connected over the campus network.
- All the systems offer access to the latest Windows OS, and the databases available at the campus will help students familiarise themselves with the latest software.
- There is a full-fledged data centre in the IT block, in the basement of the library, located at the centre of the campus has precision air-conditioning, false flooring, a dedicated fire protection mechanism, a fireproof glass partition, etc.
- IIM Trichy facilities include a 48-seater computer classroom with state of the art equipment for practical sessions on simulation tools and other academic applications to provide students practical-based knowledge.
- DNP Screens are installed along with two laser projectors making the practical sessions more interactive. The computer classroom is designed in such a way to enable the faculty to demonstrate procedures live to the students on the computer.
- The campus has two dedicated optic fibre internet service provider links with a highly efficient and stable bandwidth of 100 Mbps through a BSNL connection and a 1 Gbps connection through NKN, along with automatic fail-over and load balancing functionalities and a link load balancer.
- The classrooms are air-conditioned with AV automation and acoustic treatment.
- It consists of modern audio-visual solutions like HD document camera/ visualiser, interactive tablets, DSP mixers, centralised monitoring and control system, ceiling microphones, ultra-short-throw interactive projectors, Full HD projectors, HD cameras for capturing faculty and students, etc.
Video Conferencing System
- Video conferencing systems have been set up in the 250-seater classroom, 80-seater classrooms, 50-seater classrooms, boardroom, and the placement office.
- From the AV control rooms, the technician can select the camera inputs of all the classrooms and control the audio & video devices according to the requirements.
Mini Auditorium: IIM Tiruchirappalli has a well-air-conditioned multipurpose mini-theatre that can accommodate an audience of 250 at a time with a sound reinforcement system and video conferencing facility.
Interactive Display and Projector
- 80” Interactive displays are installed in the boardroom, Dean’s conference room, and IT conference room with multi-touch interactive functionality.
- Ultra short throw projectors installed in the 25-seater classrooms also have interactive functionality.
- The classrooms also have interactive tablets and document cameras (Visualizer).
- Badminton Courts
- Swimming Pool with Jacuzzi
- Basketball Court
- Volleyball Court
- Table Tennis Room
Behavioural Lab: The behavioural lab at Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli mainly focuses on exploring, understanding and educating on micro-processes within the human mind for applications in many management contexts like product development, product perception, employee perception, behavioural finance and consumer decision making, and so on.