Infrastructure Facilities at ICFAI University, [IU] Dehradun:
The university has state of the art infrastructure facilities. Some of the facilities available at ICFAI University are mentioned below:
IU, Dehradun Campus:
- The University is located at Selaqui, Dehradun, Uttarakhand with a lush green campus spreading in an area of 25 acres.
- It has 2.5 lacs sqft of the built-up area having academic blocks, seminar halls, computer labs, workshops, laboratories, library, auditorium, moot court halls, legal aid clinics, canteen, faculty rooms, sports, recreation facilities and girls and boys' common rooms.
- The campus is Wi-Fi enabled and widely known for its quality research and strong industry interface.
Know More about IU Dehradun Details
- This university has a well-stocked library that serves all the needs of the students.
- It has subscriptions to the industry information database.
- This library has various reference materials, Indian and International books and magazines.
- The library contains directories, industry reports and statistical compilations.
- Moreover, the library has over 24,179 books, 62 journals, 33 magazines, 9 newspapers, and 2516 CD/DVDs.
- IU, Dehradun gives great importance to using IT for teaching and in its operations.
- This institute has also developed modern IT hardware and software on campus.
- It has a computer lab for ANSYS & Pro-E software.
- The faculties at the university use the computing facilities for research and teaching, while the staff uses IT for enhancing productivity.
- All the computers in the university are connected to internet facilities.
- This university has a Wi-Fi enabled campus.
- IU, Dehradun has its own intranet facilities for students.
- It has an intranet facility for organizing operations more effectively.
- The university has state of the art computer labs for students to practice and develop skills according to the industry demands.
- Faculty, staff, and students can access the computer labs.
- IU, Dehradun has 15 Mbps internet bandwidth for the use of students, faculty, and staff.
- More than 350 computers with Pentium Core i5, Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon, and dual-core processors are available at the university.
- The computer centers also have other hardware like CD Writers, Scanners, Network Printers, Data Modems and LaserJet Printers.
- The software available on the Campus includes Office XP, Office 2003, Office 2007, Acrobat Reader 6.0, WinZip 8.0, FrontPage 2003, Turbo c/c++, Java 2.0 Visual Basic 6.0, SQL and Oracle servers, etc.
- The health care center at the university is well equipped.
- During 2001-14 more than 700 students and staff visited the health center.
- This university is regularly visited by a medical practitioner twice in a week.
Sports and Recreational Facilities:
- Both indoor and outdoor sports facilities are available.
- These activities help the students to lead a balanced lifestyle and at the same time enhance the leadership skills and teamwork of the students.
- The placement cell at the institute plays an important role in providing internships and placements.