About Hargovandas Lakhmichand College of Commerce, [HLCC] Ahmedabad
This college is the first college established by the Ahmedabad Education Society (AES) in 1936. Shri Amritlal Hargovandas Sheth and Shri Tribhovandas Hargovandas gave a munificent donation in the sacred memory of their father Shri Hargovandas Lakshmichand, Sheth Shri Kasturbhai Lalbhai to start this college.
The college has made significant contributions in the last seven decades since its inception and has earned a name for its high academic and disciplinary standard. The college has been at the forefront in practicing innovative teaching methods. Along with excellence in academics, H. L. College of Commerce lays strong emphasis on all round development. What distinguishes HLites is a humane and refined dimension the college gives their brilliant academic profiles through intellectual, cultural, sports and other enriching exposure.
Behind the impeccable reputation of the college are some rare distinctions. Twice recipient of the BestCollegein the state Award, the college enjoys a national reputation and a recognizable image in certain foreign universities.
Alumnae of the college have adorned very high, in some cases the highest, positions in nearly all walks of life, notably in business, industry, education, law, sports and public administration. HL’s examination results have always been excellent, around 98%, way above University results, and they have been rounded off with a spectacular haul of ranks, medals and prizes. The faculty is ever eager to guide brilliant students aspiring to such achievements. Our students enthusiastically participate and win laurels for the college in the area of cultural activities at Intercollegiate and Gujarat University Level. At the Gujarat University Level as well as at the State, National and International Level competitions. Our Sportspersons have won championship’s and have carved a niche for themselves besides bringing glory to the college.
“H L College of Commerce strives to widen the knowledge horizons of its commerce students beyond boundaries to lead them to be in tune with tomorrow so as to contribute the best in the economic and cultural empowerment of the nation. It aims to further hone the students’ intellectual acumen, personal discipline and moral conviction.”
- To expose students to stimulating learning situations inside the class-rooms for continuous academic growth, development and achievement of excellence.
- To create a dynamic campus climate to help students to adapt to the changing contemporary trends for better career opportunities.
- To provide a valuable college experience to enhance articulation, self understanding, co-existence and cultural sensitivity.
- To enhance leadership potential and applicability of knowledge for successive period of personal life and professional career.
Why to join HL Institute of Commerce?
1. Specialization in Subjects: The College believes that the course of B.Com is one of the basic steps towards the special career programs and the professional courses. It offers specialization subjects during the last year of the course, which serves as a base to various post graduate degree courses. Students from HLIC have won many accolades at the local and national level due to their higher education and overall development.
2. Ethical & Decentralized work culture: Initiated by the HLIC alumnus and the founder principal, concept of decentralization is practiced at the academy. With the contribution of the enthusiastic staff and dynamic faculties, students can now approach different people and departments for specific work. This has supported a great way in promoting the college towards noticeable heights.
3. MOU with ACCA: HLIC has agreed on an MOU with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, providing a chance to its students to complete the bachelor of commerce degree within 3 years while doing C.A. course. This will allow the exemption on 6 out of 14 papers for the qualification of ACCA.
4. Emphasis on Extra-curricular activities: The College undertakes the annual day, dimensions- the cultural fest, Intellectus- the intercollege competition, magazines, learning workshops, spelling competitions, women committee, sports championships as well as the organization for underprivileged. All this frame the over-all comprehensive development of its students.
5. Implemented Anti-Ragging Policy: Under the Anti Ragging notice issued by UGC, HL Institute of Commerce strictly adhered to the guidelines for imposing an anti-ragging culture in college and hostel premises. Any student found doing so, will be penalized and punished for the same.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone : 91-79-26462820
Fax : 91-79-26460595
Email : [email protected]