Infrastructure Facilities at Guru Kashi University, [GKU] Bathinda:
GKU has a state of the art facility. The campus is spread over in an area of 100 acres surrounded by a lush green environment.
- The library at the University aims in providing valuable resources to the students.
- The University library has a collection of 100 journals and 54,000 books related to different fields.
- Guru Kashi University has state of the art computer centre.
- The computer centre at the University is spread over in an area of 550 sq meters and is air-conditioned.
- The centre has got 220 computers of the latest configuration comprising of 3.2 GHz Dual Core Processor, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Disk connected on LAN.
- It has got 32 peripherals such as printers, CD writers, and scanners.
- In addition, all labs at the university have power back up in terms of generators and stabilized UPS.
- The computer centre has LCD projectors for the purpose of instructions.
- The University has various computerized activities conducted for academic purposes.
- Guru Kashi Univerity has an ERP used to manage staff and student activities.
- Students can download e-books, journals, magazines, and other study materials through the ERP.
- The staff member can view books in his/her account, check their attendance, check-in and check-outs through smart cards, intranet, Wi-Fi, internet.
- A workshop is the necessity of the Mechanical Engineering Department.
- The aim of this is to provide practical exposure and skills apart from theoretical knowledge.
- The workshop has subsections as Machine Shop, Welding Shop, Carpentry Shop, Fitting and Sheet-metal Shop, Foundry Shop, Smithy Shop, and Electrical Shop.
- Guru Kashi University provides transport facilities to its students and staff.
- The University has its own fleet of 36 buses. This facility also covers far rural areas up to 50 Kms radius.
Canteen and Cafeteria:
- The University offers state of the art canteen facilities.
- GKU has got a central canteen, two mini canteens, four hostel mess halls, and a cafeteria. Tea, coffee, snacks, lunch, and dinner are available for all students.
- The campus also has a Verabooth which serves a whole range of bread and other confectionery items
- Lunch and dinner are provided according to the scheduled timings.
- There are separate girls and boys hostels present within the campus.
- It has a total of 5 boys and 1 girl Hostel.
- The hostel provides various facilities such as RO treated Water Supply System, 24x7 power back up, mess facility for each hostel.
- It also has internet facilities, gymnasium, indoor games, and healthcare facilities.
- Hostels are provided round the clock security for safety.
- GKU has got banks and ATMs on the campus such as Indian Bank and HDFC Bank.
- Bank Branches such as Punjab Sindh Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank Of India, State Bank Of Patiala are nearby.
- A spacious auditorium with a seating capacity of 500 people is also there.