About Government Engineering College, [GEC] Bilaspur
Government Engineering College, Bilaspur established in 1964, is one of the most renowned technical institutes having good potential to provide the quality education and infrastructural facility. Various industry in Bilaspur and surrounding have always been availing research and development facility and required academic support to new graduate trainees for their needs from the institute. These industries are also giving the institute a unique advantage of industry-institute interaction in various disciplines of engineering.
The institute is situated in the vicinity of S.E.C.L.’s head office, famous Hasdev Bango Dam N.T.P.C.-Seepat,Aluminum Plant-Balco,Nova iron and Steel, A.C.C.Lafarge,Prakash Sponge Iron,Madhya Bharat Paper Mill,Kanoi Paper Mill,Grasim Cement,L&T cement etc. the city of Bilaspur isa main junction of hawrah-Mumbai rail line of South Estarn Central railway.
We believe in Bonding and Belonging, thereby our MISSION is to take all the steps to create it, sustain it and take a leap!!! Some Identified Steps are:-
- To provide Knowledge with Academic Excellence and to make our Students better Technocrats & Professionals, so that they chart out their own path of Success and possess Perfection in their endeavors.
- To inspire our Faculty members to always Excel and in turn Motivate the Students to achieve Excellence.
- To guide our Students to be better Technocrats & Professionals with the quality to pave the way for creating a better tomorrow for our Nation.
- To ensure that every Student of GEC Bilaspur becomes an Achiever.
- To provide Continuous Research Orientation in the Faculty.
- To provide a stimulating learning environment with a technological orientation to maximize individual Potential.
- To ensure students of all ability levels are well equipped to meet the challenges of education, work and life.
To develop GEC, Bilaspur as World Class education Centre and to impart technical knowledge to our Students at an extremely low cost, in an ambience of Humanity, Wisdom, Intellect, Knowledge, Creativity & Innovation, in order to nurture them to become Culturally and Ethically rich Professionals with bright future.
The institute aims at providing :-
- Best possible educational facilities.
- Creative atmosphere for higher studies and research.
- To organize short intensive courses, conferences and seminars on current technological developments, quality improvement programs for faculty members from various engineering colleges.
Also besides professional courses it also emphasizes studies in Humanities that help the students to interact more positively with the society in which he/she lives. The Institute also contributes to the industrial development and economic growth of the country by preparing a cadre of engineers and scientists, who provide both man power and support R&D work for industries in addition to providing facilities for higher education, training and research in various fields of engineering and technology.