About Goverment Maharani Laxmi Bai Girls PG College, [GMLBGPGC] Indore
The Govt Maharani Laxmi Bai Girls P.G. College (formerly known as Govt. New Girls P.G. College) is one of the prominent colleges in Indore situated in the kila bhavan which has a historical origin as the fort in the Holkar state constructed in year 1860. The college was established within the fort in year 1965 (shifted from a nearby school where it was running since 1963).
The college occupies an area of 13 acres approx. with a built-up area of more than 50,000 sq. feet.
The college has acquired the basic infrastructure and the commitment to develop an institution that can be regard as a college of excellence with specialized career oriented courses. The orientation is towards making it an autonomous college with all necessary facilities for student's training for making them confident & well prepared for the modern career opportunities.
The college has facilities involving computer training for all faculties and specific training for students like Bachelor in Library and information science, Computer application. Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Bio-informatics, Office management, Tax-procedure, pharmaceutical chemistry etc.
Post graduation in Dance (Kathak) is the special feature in course option of the college. Fine arts department promote art and culture by performing arts in conformity with global standards.
Teach the students to explore their potential, believe in it and have determination to achieve it. For great heights can be achieved only through small steps.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
The college was started in 1963 to promote higher education among low income group & weaker sections of the society. Over the years, the college has emerged as a recognized educational center for women, offering Bachelor’s & Master’s degree in conventional & hi-tech subjects of Science, Home Science, Fine arts, Social Sciences, Commerce, Library Science, Business administration. Being a Women’s college it provides opportunities to them, to grow their intellect, self- confidence, leadership ability and sense of responsibility.
The objectives are:
- To enhance and promote excellence in teaching and learning.
- To encourage and support innovating in teaching and learning.
- To promote computer competency amongst students, staff & faculty.
- To encourage students to participate in co-curricular activities like, N.S.S., N.C.C., Sports, Cultural and Extension activities.
- To encourage staff for personal academic growth.
- To promote communication and cooperation between administration and faculty.
- To create environmental consciousness among students, staff and faculty to keep the campus polythene free, clean & green.