About Gitam Dental College & Hospital, Visakhapatnam
History of Gitam Dental College & Hospital
Gitam Dental College & Hospital is one of the premier educational institutions offering quality and affordable Dental care in India. The Dental College has excellent infrastructure with over 1,75,000 sft. Of built up area and is the largest of its kind in Andhra Pradesh. It has well equipped state-of-the-art library, modern clinical departments and pre-clinical and clinical laboratories. There is free transport facility for the patients and the treatment is also provided free of cost for the deserving poor.
GITAM Dental College & Hospital has a blend of experienced and knowledgeable, and young and dedicated team of professionals who are very competent and highly qualified. The staff are constantly engaged in guiding the students towards acquiring expertise in both theory & clinical aspects of Dental and basic medical sciences. Quality education is imparted with the latest technical know-how. The students are groomed by the staff, to be adept in knowledge and practical skills and also to inculcate the basic virtues of service, punctuality and discipline.
GITAM Dental College & Hospital is committed to the service of one and all to achieve the best oral health care possible. The College is in constant pursuit of dental health care for the public, following the highest ethical standards.
- Good Faculty: The institution has a blend of experienced and knowledgeable, and young and dedicated faculty who are very competent and highly qualified. They are constantly engaged in mentoring the students. Quality education is imparted with the latest technical aids.
- Their primary aim is to make sure that the students get the best possible practical skills and required knowledge to inculcate the basic virtues of service, punctuality and discipline.
- Practical Training: The hospital associated with this institution helps the students practically learn dentistry. This also provides the students with a better scope of gaining education for life after the college
- GITAM Dental College & Hospital conducts frequent dental health camps for educating, motivating and treating the general public, especially the rural population, so as to improve their oral hygiene and health status.
- The College presently offers Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S) Course of five year duration Programme and also started Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) Courses in the specialities of 1. Prosthodontics 2. Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 3. Orthodontics 4. Periodontics and 5. Conservative Dentistry from the academic year 2008-09.
Application Eligibility criteria
- Candidate must have passed/appeared for the Qualifying Degree Examination and secured the prescribed Minimum Marks in the Subject(s)/course(s)concerned as mentioned in the Brochure. and
- Candidate must have qualified at the common Entrance Test conducted by the University in the Academic year for which admission is sought. For administrative reasons, the University may conduct the entrance test before the publication of the results of the qualifying degree examination concerned. But qualifying at the Entrance Test alone does not confer a right of admission into a course. In addition to being qualified at the common Entrance Test, a candidate will be eligible for admission only if he/she passes the qualifying degree examination before the commencement of counseling for admission and secures the prescribed minimum marks in the subject(s)/course(s) concerned. He/She must submit the necessary documents at the time of counseling.
How to apply
The applicants seeking admmission can follow these simple steps :
- The applicants seeking admission can apply by filling the online application form available on the website .
- The applicants seeking admission can register themselves to the Under Graduation courses by submitting the registration
- The applicants seeking admission can pay the registration fees through Credit Card or Debit Card or Net Banking..
- The applicants seeking admission are advised to take the printout of filled-in online application form.
- The applicants seeking admission must upload the following documents along with the filled in application form
- Department of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Department of Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge
- Department of Periodontology
- Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Paedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
- Department of Oral Pathology & Microbiology
- Department of Public Health Dentistry
- Department of Oral Medicine & Radiology
- Department of Anatomy