BIT Deoghar was established in 2007 as the eighth of the Institute’s campuses within India offering undergraduate programs in different streams of engineering.
- The motto of the college is “Learning is that which Liberates”.
- BIT was also decided that 50% seats would be for students acquiring eligible qualifications from Institutions located in Jharkhand while the remaining 50% would be for students from the other states of the country.
- BIT was the first institute in India to establish a department of space engineering and rocketry.
- The railway station in Deoghar is at Baidyanath Dham, at a distance of 7 km from the heart of the city. It is a terminal station.
- Rajiv Kaul, A computer science engineering student from BIT, Mesra, became the youngest managing directors of Microsoft in India.
Research and International collaboration –
BIT has established international ventures and tie-ups. It has collaborative arrangements with USA, UK, Canada, France, Italy, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Pakistan, and China.
- The institute has an agreement with Purdue University, USA for a Student exchange program.
- BIT is one of the two Asian educational partners of University of New Brunswick, Saint John of Canada in the field of Business Administration.
- BIT is among five leading Science and Technology institutions in India eligible for Cargill Global Scholars Program working with the Institute of International Education.
- BIT conducts a six-month post-graduate program in management and insurance (PGPMI) in association with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance.