About Archbishop Powathil Assumption Community College (APACC), Kottayam
Archbishop Powathil Assumption Community College (APACC) was established in 2005 at Kottayam district of Kerala.In 2007, NAAC considered APACC “the jewel in the crown of Assumption”.APACC was registered as Akshaya Centre collaborating with the IT Mission, Govt. of Kerala and awarded for community education by Rotary International in 2008.In 2011 Assumption Day Care Centre was launched by APACC.Currently, ederation of Indian Women Entrepreneurs (FIWE) has been launched and Assumption Social Business Incubation Centre for Women also inaugurated by it in 2013.APACC also got registered with AWAKE Society(Assumption Women Association of Knac Entrepreneurial Charitable Society) in 2013.
- (APACC) is a constituent of Assumption College.Assumption college is one of the best women's college in Kerela and affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University of 2000 students in the campus.Assumption College HAD won the prestigious R Shankar Award from the Government of Kerala for the best college in the state in 1996-97, one of the first colleges to be honored so.
- Archbishop Powathil Assumption Community College (APACC) is affiliated to Madras Centre for Research and Development of Community Education [MCRDCE] Chennai- the Co-ordinating Agency of all Community Colleges in India and created according to the policy adopted
- The college recommended by the National Policy of Education(NPE) and UGC.It offers various diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate
- The college has motive to inculcate the values of equality based on Christian ideals and provide education to the women for women empowerment and nation building
- The faculty of Physical Education was started in the College in 1956
To maintain the highest academic standards upholding the noblest Christian ideals and moral values to create enlightened, empowered and socially committed women.
- To equip students with skills which make them globally competent.
- To create a research culture and instill a devotion to academics.
- To encourage higher education among the economically weak and socially backward sections of the community, irrespective of caste and creed.
- To create an awareness of the dignity of womanhood and help students develop an integrated personality.
- To enable the students to contribute to the evolution and practice of sustainable development.
- To create socially productive citizens
For more details about admission please contact :-
Tel. 91-481-2420109, 2401038
Fax : 91-481 - 2420109
Principal (Off) : 2401036
Email : email@example.com