Looking for affordable education in Canada? Find the cheapest college for international students in Canada with details such as tuition fee, living costs, etc.
There are some of the cheapest college for international students in Canada. The education offered in Canada is much more affordable as compared to other countries such as the UK and the US. The tuition fees at some of the top Canadian Colleges is very nominal for both domestic and international students.
The cost of higher studies in Canada depends on the type of program and the Canadian university chosen by the student. The average tuition fees for an undergraduate degree in Canada study costs between $7,203 to $49,800 per year and a masters degree ranges between $3,222 to $42,850 per academic year. The courses in arts, psychology, humanities, etc are some of the cheapest courses in Canada for international students in comparison to courses in medicine, health sciences, engineering, etc.
Some of the cheapest colleges in Canada for international students, along with the details about the cost of living, scholarships, etc are discussed in this article.
Table of Contents
- Top Cheapest Universities in Canada for International Students
- Cheapest Colleges in Canada for Bachelors Degree
- Cheapest Colleges in Canada for Masters Degree
- Why Study at the Cheapest Colleges in Canada?
- Cost of Living in Canada
- Scholarships in Canada for International Students
Top Cheapest Universities in Canada for International Students
Canada is home to some of the best universities and colleges offering the cheapest course in Canada for international students. Short courses in Canada are one of the cheapest courses in Canada for international students as compared to undergraduate and graduate degree programs. International students can also pursue a PG Diploma in Canada in various fields of study that is an affordable option in comparison to a postgraduate degree course. Courses in arts, humanities, sociology, etc are some of the cheapest courses to study in Canada for international students. The cheapest schools for international students in Canada have a low tuition fee in addition to the low cost of living. Listed below are some of the cheapest university in Canada for international students at both undergraduate and graduate levels:
- Brandon University
- Universite de Saint-Boniface
- University of Guelph
- Canadian Mennonite University
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- University of Northern British Columbia
- Simon Fraser University
- University of Calgary
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Regina
Cheapest Colleges in Canada for Bachelors Degree
The cheapest university in Canada for international students charges low tuition fees in addition to having a low cost of attendance. The top universities in Canada offer undergraduate degree courses in various disciplines such as engineering, medicine, nursing, etc. Listed below are some of the universities offering the cheapest bachelor degree in Canada for international students along with their tuition fees:
|Name of the College/ University||Average Tuition Fees|
|Université de Saint-Boniface||$7,482|
|University of Guelph||$9,730|
|Canadian Mennonite University||$10,003|
|Memorial University of Newfoundland||$11,460|
Cheapest Colleges in Canada for Masters Degree
The cheapest college for international students in Canada offers quality masters level education that is comparable to the education offered at some of the best universities in Canada. The masters degree courses in Canada are research-based and provide the students with wide exposure through co-op placements and internships. Given below are some of the Canadian universities offering the cheapest masters degree in Canada for international students:
|Name of the College/ University||Average Tuition Fees|
|Memorial University of Newfoundland||$3,222|
|University of Northern British Columbia||$3,297|
|University of Calgary||$3,693|
|Simon Fraser University||$3,743|
|University of Saskatchewan||$4,358|
Why Study at the Cheapest Colleges in Canada?
Canada is one of the top countries in the world providing quality education to both domestic and international students at undergraduate and graduate levels. Canada is known for its affordable education for international students as compared to other English speaking countries such as the UK and the USA. It is globally renowned for its academic excellence and ethnically diverse student community consisting of students from over 200 countries around the world. Top Canadian universities offer undergraduate and graduate courses in different areas of study such as engineering, medicine, management, neuroscience, etc. Listed below are a few reasons for international students to choose some of the cheapest colleges in Canada for their higher education:
- Canada is home to 5 lakh+ international students from over 200 countries in the world belonging to different cultures and ethnicities.
- The courses and programs offered at Canadian universities are internationally recognized and help international students to excel in any field of study.
- Canada is one of the safest countries in the world that leads to a safe and secure environment for international students to learn and live in.
- Canada has the lowest tuition costs amongst English speaking countries and provides the most affordable higher education to both domestic and international students.
- Canada houses some of the top universities in the world offering bachelor's and masters degree programs in various disciplines such as journalism, engineering, medicine, etc.
- International students have an option to work part-time for up to 20 hours per week for the duration of their course. Students can choose to work on-campus or off-campus for gaining financial sustainability to be able to live and study in Canada.
Cost of Living in Canada
International students require an additional $10,000 over the basic tuition costs to be able to live and study in Canada. The living costs are minimal at some of the cheapest schools for international students in Canada due to various factors such as the location of the university, type of course/ program, etc. Given below is the estimated cost of living in Candada for international students:
|Particulars||Cost (in Canadian Dollars)|
|Accommodation||$4000- $8000 per year|
|Food and Dining||$1500- $3000 per year|
|Transportation||$80- $110 per month|
|Books and Supplies||$1000- $2000 per year|
|Clothing and other expenses||$1000- $2000 per year|
|Basic Utilities and Internet Charges||$220 per month|
Scholarships in Canada for International Students
The tuition fees and living expenses are nominal at the cheapest college for international students in Canada. However, few students may need financial assistance for pursuing their higher education in Canada. Both need-based and merit-based scholarships are offered to international students from the Canadian government and the respective Canadian universities. The Canadian government and private organizations offer scholarships to students at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. The scholarships in Canada cover tuition fees in addition to other expenses such as accommodation costs, travel charges, health insurance, and many more. Given below are some of the popular scholarship options for international students willing to pursue studies at some of the cheap public universities in Canada:
- University of Toronto Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- University of Alberta International Scholarships
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- University of Waterloo Master’s Awards of Excellence
- University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students
- Carleton Prestige Scholarships
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
- Canada Graduate Scholarships - Master’s Program
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships