Top Colleges in Bangalore for the PUC list discussed in this Article. Find the list of Top Colleges in Bangalore for PUC with information on each college to help make a choice.
Bangalore is one of the top cities in the country known as the IT hub of India. Apart from being known as the Silicon Valley of India, Bangalore also is home to many colleges and universities. The city has been attracting thousands of students from all over the country. Pre-University colleges are the most popular choice after the 10th standard in school. A PUC is a connector that bridges you to your degree program of choice. If you already have one in mind, a PUC program not only enables you to get the grades needed to pursue but also allows you to skip several semesters during your degree. Students can accumulate certain PUC credits that will allow them to enter into the second year of your degree program. It will also give them a taste of the subjects faced in a degree and prep for the challenges ahead. Karnataka conducts examinations at the end of the 2nd year of the PUC for university admissions. PUC has three program streams with options focusing on science, commerce, and arts. The following are the courses offered in top colleges in Bangalore for PUC:
- HEPS (History, Economics, Political Science, Sociology)
- PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology)
- PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Electronics)
- PCMC (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science)
- PECA (Political Science, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy)
- MECA (B. Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy)
- SMCA (Statistics, B. Mathematics, Business Studies, Accountancy)
- CEBA (Computer Science, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy)
- ABMS (Accountancy, Business Studies, Mathematics, Statistics)
- ABME (Accountancy, Business Studies, Mathematics, Economics)
- PPES (Psychology, Political Science, Economics, Sociology)
- HEPP (History, Economics, Psychology, Political Science)
- HESP (History, Economics, Sociology, Political Science)
List of Top Colleges in Bangalore for PUC
The following are the top 10 well-renowned colleges in Bangalore for PUC students must consider while applying for a pre-university degree.
- St Joseph PU College
- Mount Carmel College
- Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian College
- Baldwin Women’s Methodist College (BWMC)
- Christ Junior College
- Jyothi Nivas Pre-University College
- Shri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College
- NMKRV College for women
- M.E.S. Kishore Kendra Pre-University College
- Kumaran PU College
List of Top Colleges in Bangalore for PUC in Detail
Find below the details of the Top Colleges in Bangalore for the PUC list mentioned above.
- St Joseph PU College: St Joseph imparts quality education and provides the best professional courses. The college has a qualified and friendly faculty, who have an excellent dedication to teaching. Discipline is what the college believes in with a good campus infrastructure providing a conducive atmosphere for study. Apart from studies, the college organizes various programs to showcase talent among students. This college's selection process is on their aggregate marks scored in the qualifying exams, performance in the interview, etc. They maintain certain selection criteria like PCMB: 85%, PCME: 89%, PCMC: 88%, CEBA, PEBA, MEBA, and SMBA: 75%, HEP: 50%.
|⭐St. Joseph's College Admission||⭐St. Joseph's College Scholarship|
Mount Carmel College: Mount Carmel College is a renowned institution for Women established in 1948. The institute ran by the Carmelite Sisters of St. Teresa. The infrastructure of the campus building is well equipped and consists of upgraded facilities. It is an affiliated college of Bengaluru University. Mount Carmel College, located in Bengaluru's heart, has many facilities, including a library, laboratories, auditorium, cafeteria, etc. Courses offered include HEPS, PCMB, PCME, PCBH, PECA, MECA, and SMCA.
|⭐Mount Carmel College Admission||⭐Mount Carmel College Fees|
- Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian College: Bishop Cotton Women's Christian College is an institution for women that strive to give the best education to women across the country. The university was established in 1985 by a Church of South India to cater to women's educational needs in today's society. The college's main aim is to form their student's character, academic excellence, and building an impactful student community. The college has excellent infrastructure and a state of the art facilities. It has 5% seat reservations for CBSE and ICSE students. Facilities include Library, Moot court hall, Computer lab, Seminar Hall, Canteen, Hostel, Sports activities, etc. The college offers PCMB, PCMC, PCBH, PCME, MECA, HECA, CECA, HEPP, and HEPS.
- Baldwin Women’s Methodist College (BWMC): BWMC was established in 1995 is managed by the Methodist Church in India. The main objective of the college is to deliver the finest academics and holistic development. The motto of BWMC is to build up the country’s young women to face the challenge of the culture. The college has 50% seat reservations for CBSE and ICSE students. Facilities on campus include the Library, Canteen, Clubs, Sports Ground, etc. Courses offered include PCMB, PCBH, HECA, MECA, HESP, etc.
|⭐BWMC Bangalore Admission||⭐BWMC Bangalore Fees|
- Christ Junior College: Christ Junior College is a premier educational institution in Bengaluru, which offers quality Pre-University education. Established by Dharmaram College under the Christ Educational Society in 1969, the teaching faculty is very skillful and follows ta teaching methodology that is student-centric, with proper guidance. Christ Junior College is affiliated to Bangalore University. Initially, the college began to offer Pre-University and UG courses to students and now broadened to include PG and Diploma courses in the academics. Facilities on campus include Library Audio Visual Hall, ATM and Banking Services, Computer Lab, Laboratories, Prayer Hall, Seminar Hall, Auditorium, Cafeteria, and Sports facilities. Courses offered include PCMB, PCME, ABMS, ABME, PPES, HEPP, and HESP.
|⭐Christ University Admission||⭐Christ University Fees|
- Jyothi Nivas Pre-University College: Jyothi Nivas Pre-University College was established in 1966 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Tarbes. The college is affiliated to Bangalore University and provides education in Liberal Arts, Science, and Commerce streams. NAAC accredits it with a 5-star grade in 1999. The faculty has a strong commitment to teaching with the best of innovative methods and technology included their teaching practice. The college believes in close one-on-one mentoring of students to shape them to be future professionals. Library, Auditorium, Hostel, Canteen, Chapel, Prayer Room, Gymnasium, and Bank facilities are a part of the campus. Courses offered include PCMB, PCMC, PCME, ABME, ABMS, ABEM, ABES, HEPS, etc.
|⭐Jyoti Nivas College Admission||⭐Jyoti Nivas College Fees|
- Shri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College: Dr. Chenraj Roychand established Shri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College in 1990. It started with 36 students and today has about 5500 Pre University students, 500 UG students, and 1000 PG students within four campuses. The college provides an excellent platform to encourage students' professional attitude, which pushed them forward to their career choice. The college has been involved in various innovative programs and is carefully designed to provide the students with a clear edge in placement or further education. The campus is well equipped has the best infrastructure, Library Canteen, Sports and Games, Transportation, Hostels, Sports, Bank/ATM, and Placement Cell. Courses offered include PCMB, PCMC, PCME, ABMS, ABEM, ABES, and HEPS.
- NMKRV College for women: Located in the cosmopolitan area of Jayanagar, NMKRV College for women was established in 1971. It is approved by the Karnataka government and is permanently affiliated to Bangalore University and accredited by NAAC with grade A. Offering value-added education, the college trains women to face the world. It has got facilities like Library, laboratories, internet, canteen, gymnasium, sports, classrooms, auditorium, and counseling center. The courses offered by the college include PCMB, PCMC, PCME, ABMS, ABEM, ABES, HEPS, and HEPYS.
- M.E.S. Kishora Kendra Pre-University College: E. S. Kishora Kendra Pre-University College is a very famous and old college in the Malleswaram area in Bangalore. It was started with a Pre-primary education level in the year 1979 and by 1993 it was promoted as the M.E.S.Kishora Kendra Pre-University College. This is a very well recognized college by the Department of Pre-University Education, Government of Karnataka. The College aims at giving quality education to students and promoting the holistic development of the students. Facilities on the campus include a library, laboratories, etc. The courses offered are PCMB, PCMC, and BSCA.
- Kumaran PU College: The college provides distinct education to students in commerce and science streams. It focuses on students turning out to be intellectually enlightened, spiritually inspired, morally upright, and committed individuals. Spacious classrooms and well-structured campuses provide a comfortable environment for students to make the most of their college hours. It is well equipped with facilities like a library, laboratories, classrooms, internet, counseling center, canteen, and auditorium. Courses offered by the college include PCMB, PCMC, PCME, BASBM, and BASCs.