Check the detailed Exam Analysis for SBI PO Mains Exam. The review and analysis for SBI PO Mains exam Descriptive and Objective sections is discussed here.
By reading this article, candidates will get an insight into the SBI PO Mains Exam Analysis 2021, with a clear view of the difficulty, pattern, and syllabus of the exam. To understand the 2021 SBI PO exam, you can read through the SBI PO Mains 2021 Pre-exam analysis and the 2020 post-exam analysis, which are given below. This will help you predict the questions and topics that will appear in the following examination.
The official notification regarding the SBI PO 2021 examination is yet to be announced. Candidates must use this time to familiarize themselves with the SBI PO exam pattern, the syllabus, and other related information.
SBI PO Mains Exam Objective Test Pre-Analysis 2021
The objective section of the SBI PO 2021 mains exam is detailed in the table below. Our analysis guides you through the number of good attempts and the level of the examination difficulty, as per candidates who appeared for the previous years' exams.
|Section||Level of Examination||Good Attempts|
|English Language (Objective)||Moderate to Difficult||20-23|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||Moderate to Difficult||13-19|
|Reasoning Ability||Moderate to Difficult||15-18|
|General Awareness||Moderate to Difficult||23-25|
|English Language (Descriptive)||Easy to Moderate||—|
SBI PO Mains Exam Subject-wise Analysis 2020
The objective test subjects are listed below with a detailed analysis of the SBI PO Mains 2020 exam. It includes the total number of questions and the sections that appeared for each topic.
1) English Language:
- Relatively easy
- 24-27 Good attempts
- 20 questions from Reading Comprehension
- Five questions from Sentence Re-arrangement
- Five questions from Phrase Replacement and Filler Statements.
- Other questions included passage reading and answering grammatical and phrase replacement awareness sections. This included identifying the right phrase in a given space
2) Computer Aptitude and Reasoning:
- The difficulty level ranged from moderate to hard.
- 19-21 is the count for good attempts on questions.
- It consisted of puzzle questions, critical reasoning, coding and decoding questions, and arranging seats for blood relations
- Machine input, circular arrangement puzzles, and other similar questions were asked.
3) Data Analysis and Interpretation:
- Candidates found this section challenging.
- The number of reasonable attempts on questions was 16-18
- The section consisted of questions in five sets. These sets included data interpretation based on a bar graph, caselet of time and work, Venn diagram questions, discount related questions, quantity comparison, partnership questions, etc.
4) Banking/ General/ Economic Awareness:
- The difficulty of questions was moderate
- There appeared to be many questions about current affairs from the last 2-3 months (before the SBI PO mains examination date)
- Topics touched included RBI current affairs, Mukya Manri Yuva, questions on famous personalities, Swabhiman Yojana, and more.
Note: Candidates must understand the type of questions that will be asked for the SBI PO 2021 Mains exam. This will help you prepare for the exam better. Take a look at the SBI PO mains exam previous question papers for a better understanding of the topics. We also advise candidates to run through SBI PO 2021 Mains mock exams to improve time management while answering.
SBI PO Mains Exam Descriptive Test Analysis 2020
The descriptive section of the SBI PO 2020 Mains Exam consisted of just two questions, which carried 50 marks each. The duration of answering the questions was 30 minutes. The sections under Descriptive writing included:
1) Letter Writing: Writing a letter of 150 words on the subject provided.
2) Essay Writing: Writing an essay on 150 words on the latest news or trending topics, as provided.
For the reference of candidates, the questions that were asked in the SBI PO Mains exam descriptive test are given below for letter writing and essay writing.
- Letter to the Branch Manager for the replacement of the lost cheque-book
- Letter to Branch Manager requesting more cash counters to reduce the long queues
- Letter to a Senior Colleague for guidance and advice regarding a good career.
- Essay on precautions to be taken with Internet Banking
- Essay on the Impact of e-commerce
- Essay on Financial Inclusion
SBI PO Mains 2021 Exam Pattern
Knowing the Mains exam pattern for 2021 will be easier to prepare for the examination. The examination pattern for SBI PO Mains 2021 will be divided into two parts, Objective and Descriptive. Following the description is a table detailing the maximum marks per topic and the time duration allotted.
1) Objective Test: Consisting of multiple-choice questions in four sections - English language, Computer Aptitude and Reasoning, Data Analysis and Interpretation, Banking, General and Economic awareness.
The Entire test is held for 3 hours and carries 200 marks in total.
2) Descriptive Test: In 30 minutes, the candidate has to write the descriptive test with two questions of 50 marks each. These essay type questions are to test the candidates writing ability and can also appear as a letter-writing question.
|Topics||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|General & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English (Descriptive Test)||2||50||30 minutes|
SBI PO Exam 2021 Precautions
The SBI PO examination saw a massive number of applicants appear in the previous year, and we can expect more in 2021. Securing the role of Probationary Officer is a dream for many aspirants, and we advise all candidates to be very careful while filling in the SBI PO exam form 2021. Read through this article slowly and understand the possible topics that will appear in the examination. The online test for the SBI PO Mains exams 2021 will be similar and can be taken at any of the 67 assigned centres across India.
From the SBI PO mains exam analysis 2020, we have noted that Data Analysis and Interpretation were more difficult than the other subjects. However, you can look at the previous questions and reference books on Getmyuni to help you through the SBI PO mains 2021 preparation process.