The SBI Clerk Selection Process 2023 included a preliminary and main exam. In addition, candidates must take a local language exam if they do not have prior certification.
The State Bank of India conducts the SBI clerk selection process 2023 over two phases. Likewise, the authorities first administer a preliminary exam, followed by a main exam. Additionally, candidates must appear for the local language exam if the subject is outside their 10+2 curriculum.
|SBI Clerk Syllabus||SBI Clerk Exam Pattern|
Table of Contents:
- Introduction to the SBI Clerk Selection Process 2023
- SBI Clerk Prelims Exam
- SBI Clerk Mains Exam
- SBI Clerk Local Language Exam (If Applicable)
- SBI Clerk Selection Process 2023 - What comes Next?
- SBI Clerk Application Process
Also Check: SBI Clerk Salary 2022: Pay Scale, In-hand Salary, Structure
Introduction to the SBI Clerk Selection Process 2023
Interested candidates must begin with preparations for the preliminary and mains exam and get acquainted with the vital subjects and topics that will be covered in the question paper for the SBI clerk selection process phases.
- Preliminary Exam - In the first place, authorities will conduct a 100-mark prelims exam. The question paper will consist of three sections, which candidates must complete within 60 minutes. Although, candidates must note that each section has a specific time within which it must be completed.
- Mains Exam - After the prelims exam, the mains exam will take place for qualifying candidates of the prelims exam. Likewise, candidates must prepare to appear for a 200 marks examination. Although, the duration set by the authorities to attempt the paper is 2 hours 40 minutes for four sections of the leading exam paper of the SBI clerk selection process 2023.
- Language Test - The final phase is the local language exam. However, the test only applies to candidates who still need physical evidence/proof to have studied the particular language in their 10+2 levels. Therefore, all candidates without such proof must appear for the additional language test.
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam
The SBI Clerk prelims exam is an objective-type test. The prelims exam for the SBI clerk selection process 2023 is available in English and Hindi, besides the English section. Authorities will present negative marks for every wrong answer.
|Section Name||No. of Questions||Marks||Time||Medium of Instruction|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes||English/Hindi|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes||English/Hindi|
|English Language||30||30||20 Minutes||English|
Further, authorities will shortlist candidates based on the vacancies and the marks in the prelims exam. Moreover, prelims examiners need to meet the SBI clerk cut-off. Likewise, for every category, the candidates selected will be ten times the posts available. However, the prelims exam is a qualifying round, and the marks will not determine the candidate's selection status in further rounds.
SBI Clerk Mains Exam
Next, SBI will administer the mains exam for qualifying prelims or first-phase candidates. The test will be constructed with around 200 questions. Notably, authorities have not designated any sectional marks in the SBI clerk mains exam.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Time Allotted||Medium of Instruction|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 Minutes||English/Hindi|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 Minutes||English/Hindi|
|General English||40||40||35 Minutes||English|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 Minutes||English/Hindi|
|Total||190||200||2 Hours 40 Minutes||-|
Even in the Mains exam, the authorities will mark negatively for each wrong answer. The test will be available to take in both English and Hindi.
SBI Clerk Local Language Exam (If Applicable)
The final stage includes the local language test in the SBI clerk selection process 2023. Essentially, the test is to test the candidate’s communication skills when it comes to day-to-day operations like interacting with customers.
- If candidates have already studied the local language in their 10+2, then they do not need to appear for the local language test if they can provide the supplementing documents.
- Although, students who still need to provide the authorities with the local language proficiency certificate/ proof must appear for the exam.
- Notably, the Local language exam of the SBI clerk selection process 2023 will take place before the final merit list is released.
- Candidates will be measured on speaking, reading and writing grounds.
- If candidates do not qualify in the final stage, their candidature will be cancelled.
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2023 - What comes Next?
Candidates who successfully qualify for all rounds will be granted clerical cadre posts at the State Bank of India. Further, a few steps will occur as a clearing phase of the SBI Clerk selection process 2023.
- Provisional Selection - Once all the selection steps are complete, SBI authorities will draft a provisional state and category-wise merit list. Posts will be granted per the preferences of candidates. If candidates accept the offering post, they cannot transfer in the next five years.
- Waiting List - In addition, SBI also publishes a waiting list which will consist of candidates who have scored the minimum qualifying marks. It comprises 50% state, vacancies and category-wise. The waiting list will be valid for one year from the date of the SBI clerk's final result.
- Probation Period - Initially, candidates must be on probation for six months. During this tenure, candidates must complete 15 authorised e-lessons. If candidates fail to complete the e-lessons, SBI will extend the probation period. Next, the performance of candidates over these six months will be evaluated, and failure to meet the expectations will lead to an extension of the probation period.
SBI Clerk Application Process
Initially, interested candidates must wait for the SBI clerk application form to be released online. Once available, they must fill out the form and pay the application fee per category. Also, candidates who wish to appear for the SBI clerk selection process 2023 must provide valid information in the SBI clerk application form and check the mandatory documents required.
|Category||SBI Clerk Application Fee|
|General/OBC/ EWS||INR 750|
In addition, applicants must check the eligibility criteria, read essential guidelines, and find out the syllabus and topics on the prelims and main exams.
Read More: SBI Clerk Application Form
POST YOUR COMMENT