Need clarity on Online MBA vs distance MBA? One can compare both by reading on for details on how to apply, top colleges, and more!
When comparing online MBA vs distance MBA, the online MBA involves attending a virtual classroom with access to personal computers and the Internet, whereas a distance MBA program needs you to put your effort into your studies where courses are offered to students who reside in distant areas and cannot commit to online learning.
While comparing Online MBA with Distance MBA, one must consider factors like eligibility, accessibility, attendance, mentoring, etc. Online MBA vs Distance MBA comparison is important for students to be aware of before making a decision. Let's compare online MBA vs distance MBA below.
Table of contents:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Process
- Entrance Exams
- Top Colleges
- Career Scope
- Which is Better?
Also Read on MBA vs PGDM
Online MBA vs Distance MBA: Overview
Students in the online MBA program attend courses via the internet rather than in a classroom environment. It uses the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to share interactive lectures, host discussions, distribute student materials, and perform tests. The student engages in online discussions instead of face-to-face meetings and stays updated with online lectures and video seminars.
Read more: Online MBA
Distance MBA learning enables students to study without physically being present in the classroom. It's called a "correspondence course" since students get study materials through email or post, including videos, PDFs, and other papers. Students prepare without the involvement of teachers with a greater emphasis on self-study.
Read more: Distance MBA
Online MBA vs Distance MBA: Eligibility
To get into a distance or online MBA program, applicants must meet the eligibility criteria set by each university or college. Read on to compare the criteria for an online MBA vs distance MBA below.
Online MBA Eligibility
- All applicants require a bachelor's degree with a minimum grade of 50% + a valid MBA entrance score
- For reserved categories, an overall minimum of 45% is required to apply for an online MBA
- Only some institutions also demand work experience in the related field
Distance MBA Eligibility
- Distance Learning MBA Universities need a minimum of 50% in graduation from a recognized institution
- MBA Distance Education has no age restrictions
- Aspirants having valid MAT, CAT, XAT, or CMAT scores can apply for distance MBA
Online MBA vs Distance MBA: Admission Process
MBA, either traditional, online, or distance, is a 2-year master's degree provided in several specializations. Online MBA vs distance MBA is comparable, but both programs have been rated equivalent by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
The admission process for an Online MBA vs distance MBA is highlighted below.
Online MBA Admission Process
- Applicants may choose a college based on their educational records and work history.
- They must visit the institute's website and check for the qualifying requirements.
- Next, students must submit the online application and wait for the admit card.
- The college will contact them in the counselling round and schedule an interview.
- They must submit the required documents and fees before the deadline for the final admission process.
|WAT Topics For MBA Admission||Extracurricular Activities for MBA Admission|
Distance MBA Admission Process
- Depending on their academic history and interests, applicants may pick an institution.
- Aspirants must submit their application form within the specified time after meeting the qualifying conditions; otherwise, it will be rejected.
- The candidate must also pay the required application fee.
- Candidates are admitted to the Distance MBA program based on their entrance exam scores and graduation.
- After being selected, applicants may be offered direct admission or called for an interview.
Also Read on MBA Admission
Entrance Exams For Distance MBA vs Online MBA
Online and Distance MBA programs often have the same entrance exams as regular, on-campus MBA programs. It is essential to verify their entrance test criteria with the program or college of interest. The entrance examinations that attract the most candidates are:
|Entrance Exams||Registration Details|
|GMAT||GMAT Application Form|
|XAT||XAT Application Form|
|MAT||MAT Application Form|
|CAT||CAT Application Form|
|SNAP||SNAP Application Form|
|CMAT||CMAT Application Form|
Top Colleges For Online MBA and Distance MBA
Distance vs online MBA comparison sometimes becomes confusing for the students, but these programs are open to any graduate who meets the eligibility criteria. Many colleges now offer a variety of MBA programs in online and distance modes.
The top colleges for online MBA vs distance MBA are:
Online MBA Colleges
Distance MBA Colleges
NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education, Bengaluru
Distance MBA vs Online MBA: Career Scope
Online MBA vs distance MBA comparison shows differences, but both introduce students to various career prospects. Distance and online MBA courses provide students with practical and academic skills to boost their professions and prepare them for top business administration jobs and successful careers. One can see Online MBA vs distance MBA job roles below:
|Job Role||Average Salary (INR)|
|Sales Manager||4.5 lakhs|
|Marketing Manager||7 lakhs|
|Brand Manager||10 lakhs|
|Human Resource Manager||6.5 lakhs|
Few other popular career options are:
- Product Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Finance Manager
- Pharmaceutical Manager
- Medical Practice Manager
PayScale reports that online MBA graduates earn an average of INR 5 - 7 LPA. This might change based on factors like location, experience, and designation. On the other hand, pursuing a distance MBA can earn a salary between INR 6 and 8 LPA. However, students' incomes vary based on their skill set, experience, and course advancement.
|Distance MBA Scope in India||Online MBA Scope in India|
Online MBA vs Distance MBA: Which is Better?
Distance MBA vs online MBA are compared on many factors, but they both let you study on your own time and schedule. When comparing online MBA vs distance MBA, although the teaching methods vary, the goal to get a top-notch education remains the same for both.
Ultimately, choosing the MBA courses depends on individual educational background and future goals. Distance courses are the most convenient way to study management principles when comparing distance vs online MBA. On the other hand, if one wants to expand their professional network and get a job, an online program is the best.
Your professional objectives should be a primary consideration when selecting and comparing an online MBA vs distance MBA.
|Online MBA Pros and Cons||Distance MBA Pros and Cons|
POST YOUR COMMENT