Many B-schools demand the WAT, so how can one prepare for the WAT topics for MBA 2023? The following article discusses the WAT topics for MBA, preparation tips and how to ace them.
Students who have finished taking the CAT 2022 are likely searching for WAT topics for MBA 2022 study material. Most of the talked WAT topics for MBA 2023 focus on contemporary events, economics, and management. One can breeze through the WAT round if one knows the current events inorder to get into the MBA program.
The purpose of the WAT essay is to evaluate the candidate's ability to understand and use the English language; however, the topics vary from IIM to IIM. The WAT-PI stage of the admissions process might contribute 30 to 70% of the final score. Personality assessments such as the WAT, GD, and PI are essential to the selection process for MBA Admission 2023.
This article highlights prominent WAT topics for MBA 2023 by B- schools in entrance examinations.
Table of contents:
- What is WAT?
- Different Types of WAT topics for MBA 2023
- How to Answer WAT topics for MBA 2023?
- WAT topics for MBA 2023 Preparation Tips
- Do’s & Don’ts of WAT topics for MBA 2023
Also Read on MBA vs PGDM
What is WAT?
MBA admission process in India includes WAT (Written Ability Test). WAT is a pen-paper exam, but only applicants who meet the institute's CAT cutoff may take it. The WAT round lasts 10-15 minutes and examines an MBA candidate's ability to write on any topic.
The weightage of the WAT is decided by each IIM separately based on the other criteria or parameters they use for admission. WAT topics for MBA might vary from current events to prior year's patterns, case studies, or abstract thoughts.
There are four main criteria that the panel considers while ranking the WAT round.
- The ability to express oneself clearly in writing.
- A concise expression.
- The enormity of Perspective.
- Reasoning that can withstand scrutiny.
|GD Topics for MBA||MBA Entrance Exams|
Different Types of WAT Topics for MBA 2023
Several types of WAT topics for MBA have been designed to act as useful evaluation methods for MBA admissions. Generally, WAT topics for MBA 2023 can be categorized into three categories. In the table below, you can learn and understand the different topics for WAT MBA 2023.
Expected WAT topics for MBA 2023
Business & Economy
Other Expected Topics For WAT MBA 2023 are:
- Why should digital marketers care about net neutrality?
- Is the stock market similar to online gambling?
- Cashless Economy- Is India ready for it?
- Should IPR for life-saving drugs be granted or not?
- Is the smart cities initiative in India a failure?
- Demographic dividend in India- Myth or Reality?
- US-China Trade Talks: A political drama or renegotiation of rules of the game?
- Strong leaders emerge when institutions are weak.
- Economic growth is more important than Ecological Protection.
- Is linking Aadhaar with bank accounts a good idea?
- Indian economic slowdown reasons
- Caste-based reservation impedes a casteless society.
- Challenges to higher education in India.
- Should we be concerned about Global warming?
- Is the banning of Pakistani actors justified?
- How will National Education Policy give a complete overhaul to the Indian education system?
- How has technology changed the world of jobs?
- Reliance Jio is a sustainable business model in a country like India- agree or disagree?
- Will the reduced GST aid in the faster growth of the Indian Economy?
- Right to education - A boon or a curse?
- Are indefinite stay orders rotting the essence of the Indian Judiciary?
- Does the Federal Reserve need to stop printing money because it's creating an unsustainable bubble?
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the retail sector is good for India- agree or disagree?
- Ethics and Business- Is it an ideal combination?
- What can be done to reduce income inequality?
- Impact of coronavirus on the tourism industry.
- How urgent is the requirement for bullet train services in India?
How to Answer WAT topics for MBA 2023?
Answers to WAT topics for MBA can be more opinionated rather than report-style writing. It should include the "5 Ws and 1 H" - the fundamentals of every well-written news article.
The 5W and 1H stand for:
When it comes to writing creatively, the 5Ws and 1H rules are often cited as key components and considered the gold standard. These are the core W-H terms one thinks about while writing. Asking these questions with 5Ws and 1H initials helps make a write-up perfect.
WAT Topics for MBA 2023 Preparation Tips
To create a creative WAT preparation strategy, one must research important WAT topics for MBA 2023. Preparing for the WAT is often simple if the individual concentrates on their written English. Important WAT preparation tips include the following.
Read considerable content
Reading may aid in developing more complex ideas and expanding one's vocabulary.
It is suggested to read the newspaper's business and economics sections.
Take the time to write a lot.
Get in the habit of writing ideas clearly and concisely.
Verify the legibility of your writing and then analyse it.
When you are writing, keep in mind the time limits. Try splitting your writing on the same subject into 10, 20, and 30-minute chunks.
Set up a quick frame
Take 2-3 minutes before writing on any subject to arrange your ideas and line them down conceptually.
Follow the advice of experts
Take your writing to your instructors or a trusted source for feedback. Fix your errors and seek expert advice.
Do’s & Don’ts of WAT Topics for MBA 2023
While writing for the WAT topics for MBA admission, every applicant aspires to wow panelists with the quality of their essay writing. Since reviewers have many essays to read, the opening paragraph of an essay must stand out.
The following are the dos and don'ts of writing a quality essay in WAT:
Do’s of WAT topics for MBA 2023
- The essay should include an introduction, two body paragraphs that summarize the major point, and a conclusion. Make sure your text flows well and makes sense.
- Avoid mentioning any formatting, such as bullet points, tables, etc.
- Use shorter, more concise sentences and improve readability using semicolons, hyphens, periods, etc.
- Include relevant examples, facts, or experiences to back your statements.
- Be extremely attentive to your essay's punctuation and focus on limiting your usage of conjunctions.
- Avoid including irrelevant information and focus on supporting your core point.
Don’ts of WAT topics for MBA 2023
- Not following the word or page limit and creating a longer essay.
- Composing a very long preface or postface.
- Explaining the core point in an exceedingly complicated way, with little space for analysis.
- Using complex language to explain simple facts.
- Creating false evidence to support an argument.
- Copying someone else's essay and passing it off as your own is not acceptable.
- Making mistakes with grammar, punctuation, and spelling in your essay.
The WAT topics for MBA aim to test applicants' critical and logical thinking. The Writing Ability Test (WAT) is a crucial part of the personal interview process at IIMs and other top MBA programmes in India. WAT topics for MBA also serve as a topic of conversation during the interviews.
Spending the first 1-2 minutes thinking and jotting down ideas on a spare page or with a pencil is advisable. Then, one may align the sequence of the pointers in the essay.
POST YOUR COMMENT