Karnata Medical Counselling is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), Bangalore. In this article, we will discuss important dates, eligibility criteria, counselling process, etc of Karnataka Medical Counselling 2021.
Karnataka Medical Counselling is conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), Bangalore. It is based on the candidate’s NEET exam scores. There will be a total of three rounds. The article will provide an insight into Karnataka Medical Counselling.
List of Topics
- About Karnataka Medical Counselling
- Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Counselling Process
- Documents Required
About Karnataka Medical Counselling
Karnataka Medical counselling will be done online by the authorities for the eligible candidates. There will be three rounds. But if the seats are vacant after the counselling rounds are over, the authorities can conduct more rounds. The Karnataka Medical counselling is conducted to fill 85% state seats (6577 MBBS seats and 2674 BDS seats). The candidate whose name is present on the merit list will be called in for the counselling. The Karnataka Medical counselling will have a document verification, where they will be provided with a unique security key, which will be used for the login purpose. If any candidate provides false documents, then his/her candidature will be canceled. Candidates are advised to take part in the mock-up sessions to clear any doubts they may have regarding the counselling sessions. Candidates have to log in and fill up their preferences for colleges. After the candidates are allotted the seats, they have to report to the specific college for registration on the notified time and date. The seat allotment during the Karnataka Medical counselling will be done on the basis of:
- Merit score of the candidates
- Seat availability
- Other criteria
Karnataka Medical Counselling Colleges
There are some private and government colleges that are affiliated with the Karnataka Medical counselling. Candidates can check below some of the government and private medical colleges for MBBS and BDS offered in the counselling:
Some of the government medical colleges are mentioned below:
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore. (MBBS)
- Government Dental College, Bangalore. (BDS)
- Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli (MBBS)
- ESIC Dental College, Gulbarga. (BDS)
- Mysore Medical College, Mysore. (MBBS)
- Government Dental College and Research Institute, Bellary (BDS)
Some of the private medical colleges are mentioned below:
- Dr B.R. Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore. (MBBS)
- College of Dental Sciences, Davangere (BDS)
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore. (MBBS)
- Coorg Institute of Dental Sciences, Virajpat. (BDS)
- A.J. Insitute of Medical Sciences and Research Center, Mangalore. (MBBS)
- A.J Insitute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore. (BDS)
Karnataka Medical Counselling Important Dates 2021
The counselling rounds are an essential part of the admission process. The seats and colleges are allotted in this. Any candidate missing these sessions will not be admitted even if he/she clear the entrance exam. Therefore, it is extremely important to stay updated with important dates. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 crises some dates have been postponed or delayed. Candidates can check the Karnataka Medical Counselling important dates below:
|Events 2021||Important Dates|
|Applications list||To be declared|
|Document Verification||To be declared|
|Choice filling portal||To be declared|
|Start of application||To be declared|
|End of application||To be declared|
|First round of counselling||To be declared|
|Second round of counselling||To be declared|
|Mop-up counselling round||To be declared|
|Last date to report to the allotted colleges for seat||To be declared|
Karnataka Medical Counselling Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates appearing for the Karnataka Medical counselling have to qualify the eligibility criteria for the same, failing which they will not be allowed admission. The candidates can check the eligibility criteria below:
- General category candidates who get 50 percentile are eligible for the counselling.
- The percentile for the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) is 40.
- Candidates who are general-physically handicapped should have a percentile of 45.
- Candidates should have qualified for the NEET examination.
- Candidates must belong to Karnataka or have a domicile.
- Candidates should register themselves on the official website of the medical counsel to appear for the Karnata Medical counselling.
- Valid documents.
Karnataka Medical Counselling Process 2021
Candidates selected for Karnataka Medical counselling have to register themselves for it. The candidates who fail to register themselves will not be allowed for the counselling session. Candidates can check the below-mentioned steps to know the counselling process:
- Candidates have to visit the official website of Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) and log in with the unique security code which was provided during the document verification.
- After the candidate has logged in, the colleges affiliated with counselling will be displayed. Candidates have to select and fill in the options (Colleges, Category, Course, Discipline).
- After selecting their preferences, candidates have to lock the choices. They can choose as many preferences.
- The seat allotment will be done based on the choice preferences of the candidates and the availability of seats.
- The list of the seat-allotment will be displayed and the candidate can proceed forward with the admission after Karnata Medical Counselling is done.
- The candidates have to report to the allotted college and complete the admission in the given time.
Karnataka Medical Counselling Documents Required 2021
It is extremely important to bring in the important documents at the time of Karnata Medical Counselling. The documents will be verified on the basis of which the candidate will move forward with the counselling process. At any given point, if the documents are found to be false, the candidate cannot proceed with the counselling and admission. The documents required at the time of Karnata Medical counselling are mentioned below:
- A printout of the MBBS/BDS application form.
- Payment receipt.
- Candidate’s NEET admit card.
- Candidate’s SSC (class 10th) marksheet.
- Candidate’s 2nd PUC and HSC (class 12th) marksheet.
- Two recent passport size photographs of the candidate.
- Scorecard of the NEET examination.
- Domicile certificate of the candidate (if applicable).
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category must bring the certificates.
- A properly declared certificate for the mother tongue of the candidate.