Karnataka B.Ed Admission is done based on the merit obtained by the student in the qualifying KCET examination. the application form can be available both online and offline on request. Check more about B.Ed admission 2021-22 in Karnataka details including Exam Pattern, Fees, and Important dates.
Karnataka State Open University conducts examination for admission in B.Ed. program via Karnataka B. Ed CET 2021. Karnataka common entrance test (KCET) is a state-level examination for aspirants who want to pursue their career in Teaching and become educators. B. Ed (Bachelors of Education) is a two-year duration undergraduate program and after completing the degree the candidates can pursue their career as an elementary teacher or as a regular teacher in a private or government school. The admission of the candidates to the B.Ed program in Karnataka is done based on the merit obtained by the student in the qualifying examination. The candidate’s admission also depends upon the reservation of seats as prescribed by the conducting body. In this article, find all the important detailed information related to KCET such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, application fee, exam pattern, etc.
List of Topics
- Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Exam Pattern
- List of Colleges
- Application Process
- Documents Required
- Fee Structure
- Seat Reservation
B.Ed Application Karnataka Important Dates 2021
Due to the Pandemic, the application dates have been delayed and most of the important dates are yet to be declared. Find below the dates of the events that will be out soon:
|Application form available online||Third week- February 2021|
|Deadline to fill the application form online||1st week- May 2021|
|Admit card||1st week- May 2021|
|KSOU B.Ed entrance 2021||2nd week- May 2021|
|Counseling & admission||4th Week- May 2021|
|Last date for admission||4th Week- May 2021|
B.Ed Application Karnataka Eligibility Criteria
The authority of Karnataka University specifies the eligibility criteria as per NCTE norms, which must be fulfilled by the candidate in order to be eligible for admission to B. Ed programs. The candidates who are eligible for the KSOU Karnataka B.Ed Admissions 2021 should clear the following basic criteria:
- Educational Qualification: Applicants should have completed the 10+2+3 education from a recognized board/institution with passing marks.
- Nationality: The Candidates should be Indian by nationality.
- Age Limit: The candidates should be at least 18 years of age at the time of application. No upper age limit exists.
- Marks Required: Aspirants must have a Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree and should have passed with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD) in the examination.
- Bachelor’s degree is a minimum necessity to apply for the B.Ed. course in Karnataka. The applicants can be in the last year of Masters/ Bachelors to apply.
B.Ed Application Karnataka Exam Pattern
Karnataka B.Ed. CET (Common Entrance Test) is a very important exam in order to open up the opportunity to study in many top Karnataka universities and pursue a Bachelor’s of Education. Following is some of the information related to the exam pattern.
- There will be 150 MCQ’s (multiple choice questions) in the examination.
- Each question will carry 1 mark and no negative marking.
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
|Subjects||No. of Question|
|Teaching aptitude and attitude||30|
B.Ed Application Karnataka Colleges
Karnataka offers many top universities with quality education to pursue a Bachelor’s in Education. These universities offer B.Ed courses taught by skilled professors helping students shape to be future educators themselves. Following are some of the universities:
- Goutham College of Science
- BES Group of Institutions
- Sri Sarvajna College of Education
- Sanjay Gandhi College of Education
- New Horizon College of Education
- K.I.E.T College of Education
- BES Teachers Training Institute
- BES College of Education
B.Ed Exam Application Process 2021
In Karnataka, the admission of candidates into the Bachelor of Education program is done on the basis of counseling. Before that, the candidates have to complete the application process and clear the KCET exam. The following are the steps required to submit a submit application form for B.Ed. application process:
- Firstly, the candidates must go to the KSOU Karnataka Admission online page and register themselves.
- The next step will be to look for the notification link on the website to fill in the form with personal and educational details, along with uploading relevant documents and attaching them with the application.
- Lastly, to confirm the application, a fee has to be paid online which is 1,000 INR for all category students.
The application form can be available both online and offline on request. The candidates are advised to keep a copy of the application form with them for future references.
B.Ed. Application Karnataka Documents Required
Candidates will be invited for the counseling session after the results of the qualifying exams are out. The counseling session will include submitting various documents in order to complete their B. Ed Application process. Following will be the document required:
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheets and certificates.
- A birth Certificate, Character Certificate must also be submitted.
- A document stating Residential Proof will also be required.
- In some cases, the category certificate should also be submitted.
- Candidates should also submit a Teaching Certificate if applicable.
- Applicants will need to get 3 copies of the above documents duly attested by a gazetted officer of the Government.
B.Ed. Application Karnataka Fee Structure 2021
The course fee for the B.Ed program in Karnataka completely depends on the merit of the student, type, and ranking of the college in which the student is taking admission. The first-year course fee would be INR 34,000 and the total course fee would be INR 68,000.
B.Ed. Application Karnataka Seat Reservations
The following are the reservation of seats according to the year 2021, divided according to the various categories of students:
|Category of Students||Reservations available|
There is a reservation of 1% of seats for the following categories as well:
|Category of Students||Reservations available|
|Ex-Military persons or Husband/wife/son/unmarried daughter||0.15%|