Karnataka B.Ed Admission is done based on the merit obtained by the student in the qualifying KCET examination. Check more about B.Ed admission 2022-23 in Karnataka including Exam Pattern, Fees, and Important dates.
Karnataka B.Ed Admission 2022-23 will be done based on the merit obtained by the student in the qualifying KCET examination. Karnataka State Open University conducts examinations for admission in B.Ed. program via Karnataka B.Ed CET 2022. Karnataka common entrance test (KCET) is a state-level examination for aspirants who want to pursue their career in Teaching and become educators. The admission of the candidates to the B.Ed program in Karnataka is done based on the merit obtained by the student in the qualifying examination.
Karnataka B.Ed Admission Important Dates 2022
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the application dates have been delayed, and most of the important dates are yet to be declared. Find below the dates of the upcoming B.Ed. admission process.
|Online Registration Start Date||10th Nov 2022|
|Last Date for Online Registration||30th Nov 2022|
|Admit Card||To be Announced|
|KSOU B.Ed Entrance 2022||To be Announced|
|Counseling & Admission||To be Announced|
|Last Date for Admission||To be Announced|
B.Ed. Exam Application Process 2022
In Karnataka, the admission of candidates into the Bachelor of Education program is done based on counseling. Before that, the candidates have to complete the application process and clear the KCET exam. The following are the steps required to submit an application form for B.Ed. application process.
- Firstly, the candidates must go to the KSOU Karnataka Admission online page and register themselves.
- The next step will be to look for the notification link on the website to fill in the form with personal and educational details, along with uploading relevant documents and attaching them with the application.
- Lastly, to confirm the application, a fee must be paid online, which is 1,000 INR for all category students.
The application form can be available both online and offline on request. The candidates are advised to keep a copy of the application form with them for future references.
Karnataka B.Ed Admission Eligibility Criteria
The authority of Karnataka University specifies the eligibility criteria as per NCTE norms, which the candidate must fulfill to be eligible for admission to B. Ed programs. The candidates who are eligible for the KSOU Karnataka B.Ed. Admissions 2022 should clear the following basic criteria.
- Applicants should have completed the 10+2+3 education from a recognized board/institution with passing marks.
- Bachelor’s degree is a minimum necessity to apply for the B.Ed. course in Karnataka. The applicants can be in the last year of their Masters/ Bachelors to apply.
The Candidates should be Indian by nationality.
The candidates should be at least 18 years of age at the time of application. No upper age limit exists.
Aspirants must have a Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree and should have passed with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD) in the examination.
Karnataka B.Ed Admission Exam Pattern
Karnataka B.Ed. CET (Common Entrance Test) is an important exam to open up the opportunity to study in many top Karnataka universities and pursue a Bachelor’s of Education. Following is some of the information related to the exam pattern.
- There will be 150 MCQ’s (multiple choice questions) in the examination.
- Each question will carry one mark and no negative marking.
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
|Subjects||No. of Question|
|Teaching aptitude and attitude||30|
Karnataka B.Ed Admission Colleges
Karnataka offers many top universities with quality education to pursue a Bachelor’s in Education. These universities offer B.Ed. courses taught by skilled professors helping students shape to be future educators themselves. Following are some of the colleges offering B.Ed. course in Karnataka.
- Goutham College of Science
- B.E.S. Group of Institutions
- Sri Sarvajna College of Education
- Sanjay Gandhi College of Education
- New Horizon College of Education
- K.I.E.T. College of Education
- B.E.S. Teachers Training Institute
- B.E.S. College of Education
Karnataka B.Ed Admission Fee Structure 2022
The course fee for the B.Ed. program in Karnataka completely depends on the merit of the student, type, and ranking of the college in which the student is taking admission. The first-year course fee would be INR 34,000, and the total course fee would be INR 68,000.
Karnataka B.Ed Admission Seat Reservations
The following are the reservation of seats according to the year 2022, divided according to the various categories of students.
|Category of Students||Reservations|
There is a reservation of 1% of seats for the following categories as well.
|Category of Students||Reservations|
|Ex-Military persons or Husband/ wife/ son/ unmarried daughter||0.15%|
Karnataka B.Ed Admission Documents Required
Candidates will be invited for the counseling session after the results of the qualifying exams are out. The counseling session will include submitting various documents to complete their B. Ed Application process. Following will be the document required.
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheets and certificates.
- A birth certificate, character certificate must also be submitted.
- A document stating Residential Proof will also be required.
- In some cases, the category certificate should also be submitted.
- Candidates should also submit a teaching certificate if applicable.
- Applicants will need to get three copies of the above documents duly attested by a gazetted officer of the Government.