The ITI Surveyor course is a technical training and apprenticeship course offered by the Industrial Training Institute. A candidate must have passed the class 10 board examination with at least 35% marks to be eligible to get enrolled in the course.
The ITI Surveyor course is a technical training and apprenticeship program at the Industrial Training Institute and in order to participate in the ITI admission process, candidates must have passed the class 10 board examination with science and mathematics, scoring at least 35% marks. The top job profiles after passing the course are land surveyor, data surveyor, surveyor assistant, etc.
The ITI Surveyor course is a popular choice among those going for vocational courses right after matriculation. This course has a duration of 1 year that is divided into 2 semesters, both the semesters including trade and practicals in the curriculum. There are a number of government and private ITI colleges offering the Surveyor course.
Table of Contents
- ITI Surveyor Course: Key Highlights
- ITI Surveyor: Course Details
- ITI Surveyor Course: Admission Process
- Top Colleges for ITI Surveyor Course
- Syllabus for ITI Surveyor Course
- Job Scope and Salary for ITI Surveyor Course
- Top Recruiters for ITI Surveyor Course
ITI Surveyor Course: Key Highlights
ITI Surveyor is a course that has always remained one of the top choices among candidates looking for vocational training. The key highlights of the ITI Surveyor course have been shared in the table below:
10th Board Examination
INR 5000 - INR 20000 (Government College)
INR 15000 - INR 50000 (Private College)
The lower age must be at least 14 years
Direct Admission / Merit Based Admission
Construction Surveyor, Ship Surveyor, Land Surveyor, Surveyor Assistant, Quantity Surveyor, Data Surveyor
Larsen & Toubro, Oswal Group, Crescent Contractors Pvt Ltd.
INR 1.3 LPA - INR 3.6 LPA
Also, Check: Polytechnic Vs ITI: Which Course Is Better?
ITI Surveyor: Course Details
The candidates must be aware of the details of the course before enrolling for it. The details pertain to every aspect of the ITI Surveyor course including the course duration, course fees, eligibility criteria and admission process. The details about the course have been shared in the section that follows.
ITI Surveyor Course Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria take into consideration the educational qualification as well as the age limit of the candidates. Both the criteria have been discussed below.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have passed the class 10 board examination with at least 35% marks. The candidate must have had Science and Mathematics in the class 10 syllabus.
- Age Limit: The lower age limit is 14 years and the upper age limit for eligibility for the ITI Surveyor course is 40 years.
ITI Surveyor Course Course Fees
The ITI Surveyor course fees for government colleges ranges from INR 1000 to INR 10000, whereas the course fees for private colleges ranges from INR 5000 to INR 20000.
Multiple factors affect the average cost of pursuing a ITI Surveyor courses such as infrastructure, facilities etc. Generally, government ITI colleges charge lower course fees as compared to private institutions.
Also Check: ITI Full Form - Industrial Training Institute
ITI Surveyor Course: Admission Process
The admission to the ITI Surveyor course is done on a direct admission or merit basis. There are various entrance exams conducted for admission to the Surveyor course. The admission process differs between different institutes.
This process involves the shortlisting and selection of candidates on the basis of the scoresheet of the 10th board examination.
This process involves no admission test or scoresheet. The admission is done directly by the filling in of application form.
This process involves appearing in the entrance exam and the admission is conducted based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination.
The entrance examinations are:
- Andhra Pradesh ITI Admission Test
- Assam ITI Admission Test
- Bihar ITI Admission Test
- Chhattisgarh ITI Admission Test
- Delhi ITI Admission Test
- Gujarat ITI Admission Test
- Haryana ITI Admission Test
- Himachal ITI Admission Test
- Jharkhand ITI Admission Test
- Karnataka ITI Admission Test
- Kerala ITI Admission Test
- MP ITI Admission Test
- Maharashtra ITI Admission Test
- Manipur ITI Admission Test
- Odisha ITI Admission
- Punjab ITI Admission Test
- Rajasthan ITI Admission Test
- UP ITI Admission Test
- Uttarakhand ITI Admission Test
- West Bengal ITI Admission Test
Also, Check: ITI Admission 2023
Top Colleges for ITI Surveyor Course
The candidates must know the best colleges where they can take admission for the ITI Surveyor course. They are located throughout the country and have been listed under. The candidates can refer to the list before taking admission for the ITI surveyor course.
- Government Industrial Training Institute Bhagalpur
- Government Industrial Training Institute Munger
- Industrial Training Institute Rohtak
- Government Industrial Training Institute Dholpur
- National Industrial Training Institute Jhajjar
- Government Industrial Training Institute Koraput
- Industrial Training Institute New Delhi
- Industrial Technical Institute Berhampur
- Architectural Industrial Training Institute Koderma
- Jharkhand Industrial Training Institute Jamshedpur
- Gaat private industrial training institute Murshidabad
- Baikunthi Devi Mohanlal Private Industrial Training Institute Agra
- Shri Krishna Bridge Vikas Private Industrial Training Institute Mathura
- Lalit Educational Institute of Technology Azamgarh
Also Check: List of ITI Colleges in Maharashtra 2023
Syllabus for ITI Surveyor Course
The syllabus for the ITI surveyor course has been shared below. The candidates wishing to get admission to this course must have a look at the syllabus.
The first semester ITI surveyor syllabus includes introductory subjects such as "Introduction to Trade", "Classification of Survey", "Importance of Trade Training" and many more.
- Introduction to Trade
- Classification of Survey
- Types of Scales
- Linear Measuring Instruments
- Town Survey Traversing with Chain
- Principles of Chain Survey
- Care and Maintenance of Chain & Accessories
- Use of Magnetic Needles in Survey
- Errors in Chain Survey
- Types of Compass
- Technical Terms Used in Compass Survey
- Measurement of Directions
- The Procedure of Plane Tabling
- Testing and Adjustment of Compass
- Error in Plane Tabling and Their Elimination
- Methods of Plane Tabling
- Tangent Clinometers
- Nature of Job Done by Surveyors
- Importance of Trade Training
- Construction of Plane Scales
- Conventional Signs & Symbols Used in Survey
- Geometrical Drawing Problems on Lines
- Chain Survey
- Procedure in Conducting Chain Survey
- Practice in Chaining
- Chain Survey of an Extensive Area
- Use of Tangent and Dole Sole’s Clinometers
- Taking Horizontal Measurements on Sloping Ground
- Setting Up of Plane Table
The second semester ITI surveyor syllabus includes theoretical & practical subjects such as "Purpose of Sectioning", "Instrumental Errors", "Practice in Reading Staff" and many more.
- Levelling Parts
- Methods of Observation
- Types of Diaphragm
- Working out Problems on Field Book Reduction
- Steps in Plotting Sections
- Introduction to Contour
- Construction and Use of Boning Rods
- Purpose of Sectioning
- Alignment of Road
- Repetition and Reiteration Systems
- Introduction to Theodolite
- Instrumental Errors
- Omitted Measurements
- Methods of Plotting Traverses
- The procedure of Measuring Angles
- Practice in Setting out a Level
- Practice in Differential Levelling
- Practice in Reading Staff
- Performing Permanent Adjustment
- Practice in the Use of Boning Rods and Ghat Tracer
- Carrying out Route Survey
- Road Project
- Practice in Setting Up a Theodolite
- Preparation of Route Map to Scale
- Measurement of Horizontal Angles
- Calculating the Ordinates and Plotting the Traverse
- Practice in Measuring Vertical Angles
- Running an Open Traverse
|List of ITI Courses After 10th
|List of ITI Courses After 12th
Job Scope and Salary for ITI Surveyor Course
After completing the ITI Surveyor course, jobs in both the government and private sectors are open. Surveyors have wide openings in both the sectors. The most popular job profiles that available to a candidate completing the ITI surveyor course is as follows:
INR 2.2 LPA - 18 LPA
INR 0.3 LPA - INR 4.3 LPA
Land Surveyor Field Coordinator
INR 3 LPA - INR 5 LPA
INR 8 LPA - INR 12 LPA
INR 3.9 LPA - INR 5.9 LPA
Top Recruiters for ITI Surveyor Course
Few of the top organisations and firms hire the candidates completing the ITI surveyor course. The most popular and top recruiters for the ITI Surveyor course can be found below:
- National Highways Authority of India
- Indian Railways
- National Democratic Alliance
- Electricity Department
- State Land Department