2 year degree courses after 12th are quickly becoming a popular path for students to build their career. This article explores the different options available to students after class 12.
One of the most crucial and strenuous decisions that a student can take is what to do after completing their 12th? Choosing a course for students can either make or break their careers. Hence it is imperative to choose the right one. In this article, we talk about and list down some of the job-oriented 2-year degree courses after 12th that students can pursue to succeed in their chosen fields.
Table of Contents:
- What are 2-Year Degree Courses?
- Eligibility and Admission for 2-Year degree courses after 12th
- 2-Year Degree Courses after 12th Science
- 2-Year Degree Courses after 12th Commerce
- 2-Year Degree Courses after 12th Arts
- Top Colleges in India for 2-Year Degree Courses After 12th
- Which Course to go for after 12th?
What are 2-Year Degree Courses?
In this highly competitive and job-oriented environment, many students look for courses that yield them the best results in career growth and job opportunities. These 2-year degree courses after 12th in India are field-specific and provide entry into new fields. The 2-year degree courses are generally diploma or certificate programs. These focus on a particular skill and equip students to master them. Degree courses after 12th for 2 years are technical-based and career-oriented. These courses can also be very helpful for students who are not sure about the degree programs they want to pursue. Students can take up such short-term courses and decide the field in which they want to pursue their graduation. The good part about these courses is that it increases the job opportunities and to apply for graduation or higher studies in the same field.
Eligibility and Admission for 2-Year Degree Courses After 12th
The standard eligibility criteria that aspirants must meet to get admission in a 2-year degree course after 12th include:
- The aspirant must have passed 10+2 or an equivalent degree from a recognized institute/board.
- The aspirant must have passed 12th with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- The age for admission to a 2-year degree course after 12th is 18 years and above.
Along with the basic essential eligibility criteria, the students pursuing these courses must have cleared various state-level diploma entrance examinations for the admission procedure for 2-year degree courses after 12th. In the exam, one's score will determine the student's course and the college.
2-Year Degree Courses After 12th Science
Science is a vast field wherein one can pursue many courses. Among all the degree courses, those pursuing science courses are considered most beneficial as they offer better job opportunities than any other courses. Pursuing these courses offer excellent prospects at starting a job immediately after completing it. Job opportunities are available in the government as well as the private sector.
Here's a detailed list of 2-year degree courses after 12th Science that an aspirant can pursue:
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technology
- Diploma in Agriculture
- Diploma in Anaesthesia
- Diploma in Aviation
- Diploma in Ayurvedic Pharmacy
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Clinical Pathology
- Diploma in Dialysis Techniques
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Diploma in Health Inspector
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Naturopathy
- Diploma in Nautical Science
2-Year Degree Courses After 12th Commerce
Commerce is a wide area of study. So there are a lot of short-term courses that one can take up in this stream. A 2-year degree course is best suited for students who can take up after class 12th and get ready for a job in the industry of their choice as early as possible in their career. Such courses offer good job scope and help one scale up the career ladder smoothly.
Here's a detailed list of 2-year degree courses after 12th Commerce that an aspirant can pursue:
- Diploma in Elementary Education
- Diploma in Retail Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Diploma in Computerised Accounting
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Advanced Accounting
- Certified Management Accountant
- Diploma in Digital Marketing
- Diploma in Financial Accounting
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Computer Application
- Diploma in Industrial Safety
- Diploma in Physical Education
- Diploma in Yoga
- Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- Diploma in Management
2-Year Degree Courses After 12th Arts
After completing courses in the arts stream, a student has a wide range of career options as this field is a diverse one with extensive scope. There are various fields in arts that an aspirant can go into to make a lucrative career for themselves.
Here's a detailed list of 2-year degree courses after 12th Arts that an aspirant can pursue:
- Diploma in Multimedia
- Diploma in Music
- Diploma in Fashion Design
- Diploma in Photography
- Diploma in Interior Designing
- Diploma in Advertising and Marketing
- Diploma in 3D Animation
- Diploma in Event Management
- Diploma in Sound Recording
- Diploma in Travel & Tourism
- Diploma in Various Languages
Top Colleges in India for 2-Year Degree Courses After 12th
Various great colleges in India offer 2-year degree courses after 12th. These colleges boast of a learned faculty, excellent infrastructure and affordable fees.
Listed below are a few of these top colleges which offer 2-year degree courses after 12th:
- Guru Nanak College of Arts, Science and Commerce
- NIMS University
- Thadomal Shahani Centre for Management
- Noida International University
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Banaras Hindu University
- SS Jain Subodh Pg College
- University of Lucknow
Which course to go for After 12th?
It depends on the student as to which course to go after 12th. To set up a bright career ahead, students should ask themselves some basic questions while selecting the right career, like What do they like doing best? What are they good at? Do their preferred careers suit their personality? What are their interests, and what are they passionate about? Such contemplative questions and thoughts will help the students in their career selection decisions.
Some of the benefits for pursuing a 2-year degree course and why students can choose such courses after their 10 + 2 are:
- The duration of courses is shorter. Hence a student takes less time to be job-ready and starts earning and gaining experience early.
- The course fees are cheaper, which helps to get a good ROI.
- The skill-building curriculum and hands-on experience allow the students to take up jobs in industries across the country.
- There is always an option to take lateral entry into a degree course afterwards.