NTSE Karnataka Syllabus 2022 (MAT & SAT) - Download the Syllabus Pdf
The syllabus for NTSE Karnataka covers topics from classes 9 to 11. The syllabus is framed based on the recognized education boards in India, i.e., CBSE, ICSE. The NTSE stage 1 exam papers have two sections MAT and SAT. MAT section covers topics related to Mental ability, including logical and quantitative aptitude questions. Whereas the SAT section covers topics of core subjects like Science and Mathematics.
Table of Contents
- NTSE Karnataka Syllabus for SAT and MAT
- NTSE Karnataka Syllabus for MAT Section
- NTSE Karnataka Syllabus for SAT Section
- NTSE Karnataka Exam Pattern
- NTSE Karnataka Previous Year Question Papers
NTSE Karnataka Syllabus for Stage 1 and 2
NTSE Karnataka stage 1 exam covers topics from classes 9 to 11. To score well in the stage 1 exam, students must clearly understand the NTSE 2022 syllabus, exam patterns, and topics covered in the respective subjects' in the NCERT books.
NTSE stage 1 papers comprise objective-type questions for both papers, i.e., Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) on relevant topics. The MAT paper covers questions from verbal and non-verbal abilities. And the SAT covers Social science, Science, and Mathematics subjects.
Get detailed information on the NTSE stage 1 Karnataka syllabus.
NTSE Karnataka Syllabus for MAT Section
The MAT section assesses the student's analytical skills and logical reasoning, covering topics like finding the hidden figures, solving puzzles, aptitude, and qualitative analysis. The MAT section's primary aim is to enhance students' understanding of theoretical concepts in solving problems effectively.
Listed below are the important topics covered in the MAT section of NTSE Karnataka.
|Number series||Odd One - Letter|
|Wrong Number in the series||Analogy - Letters|
|Odd One - Numbers||Letter Coding|
|Odd One - Pair Numbers||Letter Coding and Decoding|
|Analogy: Numbers||Completion of Figures|
|Matching the Rules with Given Set of Numbers||Mirror Image|
|Similarity of Sets||Hidden or Embedded Figure|
|Numbers, Signs, and Symbols||Super Impose Figures|
|Number Matrix||Paper Fold - Punch/Cut|
|Figure and Number Relationship||Completing the Figure Series|
|Venn Diagrams||Figural Analogy|
|Intersecting Figures||Similar Figures|
|Geometric Figures||Figures - Odd One|
|Thought Questions||Paper Folding and Cubes|
NTSE Karnataka Syallbus SAT Section
SAT section of NTSE Karnataka covers questions from core subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and Social Science. The SAT section's primary aim assess the student's academic knowledge, application skills, and reading skills.
The detailed SAT exam syllabus for each subject is provided below:
- SAT Physics Subjects
- SAT Chemistry Subjects
- SAT Biology Subjects
- SAT Mathematics Subjects
- SAT Social Science Subjects
SAT Physics Subjects
Listed below are the important topics covered under Physics for the stage 1 NTSE Karnataka exam.
- Electricity and Chemical Effects of Current
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Light
- Thrust and Pressure
- Energy and Power
- Waves and Sound
SAT Chemistry Subjects
Listed below are the important topics covered under Chemistry for the stage 1 NTSE Karnataka exam.
- Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Acids, Bases, and Salts
- Metals and Non-metals
- Carbon and its Compounds
- Periodic Classification of Elements
SAT Biology Subjects
Listed below are the important topics covered under Biology for the stage 1 NTSE Karnataka exam.
- Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Heredity and Evolution
- Management of Natural Resources.
- Cell and Tissue
- Improvement in Food Resources
SAT Mathematics Subjects
Listed below are the important topics covered under Mathematics for the stage 1 NTSE Karnataka exam.
- Linear Equations
- Number System
- Surds and Indices
- Quadratic Equations
- Coordinate Geometry
- Statistics and Probability
- Every Day Mathematics
- Profit, Loss, and Discount
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time, Speed, and Distance
- Time and Work
- Problems on Ages
SAT Social Science Subjects
Listed below are the important topics covered under Social Science for the stage 1 NTSE Karnataka exam.
- The Advent of Europeans to India
- Impact of British Rule in India
- The First War of Indian Independence
- India after Independence
- Medieval India and Political Transition
- Religious Reformers of India
- Making of the Indian Constitution
- The Union Government
- Judicial system
- Defense of the Nation
- National Integration
- Problems of India and Their Remedies
- Foreign Policy of India
- World Problems and India's Role
- Our state-Karnataka
- Physiographic Divisions
- Climate, Soil, Natural Vegetation, and Animals of Karnataka,
- Water and Land Resources of Karnataka
- Industries of Karnataka
- India: Our Motherland
- Physical Features of India
- Indian Monsoon-Seasons and their features
- Land Use and Agriculture in India
- Mineral and Power Resources
- The transport system of India
- Population of India
- Labour and Employment
- Human Resources of India
- Poverty and Hunger
- Business Studies (Management, Financial, and Accounting)
- Development, Economy, and Government
- Rural Development
- Public Finance and Budget
- Globalization of Business
- Consumer Education and Protection
NTSE Karnataka 2022 Exam Pattern
NTSE Karnataka exams were conducted in offline mode. Every year lakhs of students appear for this examination, and thus there is huge competition. To clear the exam, students must have a clear idea about the exam pattern.
Given below is the NTSE Karnataka 2022 Exam Pattern:
|NTSE Stage 1||NTSE Karnataka Exam|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Number of Papers||2 (GMAT & SAT)|
|Duration of Exam||120 Minutes for Each Paper|
|Number of Questions||100 in Each Paper|
NTSE Karnataka Previous Year Question Papers 2022
Students must download and practice the NTSE Karnataka previous year's question papers for better preparation. Practicing past year question papers will help students familiarize themselves with the exam pattern, marking scheme, and the type of questions asked in the NTSE Karnataka exam every year.