NSE Exam 2022
National Standard Examination is the preliminary level exam of International Science Olympiad conducted by the HBCSE. Science Olympiad Exam is conducted under 5 stages held at nearly 1400 schools across the country.
NSE exams are designed to assess the conceptual understanding, logical reasoning, laboratory skills, and problem-solving skills of students.
- National Standard Examination
- NSE Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- NSE Exam 2022 Result
- Stages in ISO
- NSE Exam Instructions
National Standard Examination
National Standard Examination (NSE) is the first and only screening test conducted by the Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT) in close collaboration with the Association of Chemistry Teachers (ACT), and the Association of Teachers in Biological Sciences (ATBS) leading to International Science Olympiads in respective subjects.
NSE is a group of exams. The NSE Exam 2022 are:
- National Standard Exam in Physics (NSEP)
- National Standard Exam in Chemistry (NSEC)
- National Standard Exam in Biology (NSEB)
- National Standard Exam in Astronomy (NSEA)
- National Standard Exam in Junior Science (NSEJS)
All the NSE exams other than NSE-Physics has a similar exam pattern. The question paper consists of a total of 80 questions. The maximum score a student can score is 240. There is a negative marking for every wrong answer.
NSE-Physics has questions divided into two categories.
- Group A: These questions are worth 3 marks, each with only one answer correct out of the four options.
- Group B: These questions are worth 6 marks, each with more than one answer correct out of the given four options.
The maximum awarded marks in NSEP is also 240.
All the exams consist of multiple-choice questions. Participants need to mark any one of the most suitable answers.
NSE Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria
These criteria given below are applicable to all stages. Students can register for National Standard Exam (NSE Exam 2022) if they clear the following criteria. The criteria are divided by the different exams conducted by the Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT).
Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics:
- Only students who hold an Indian passport are eligible. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) will not be eligible to be selected as a member of the team representing India. These students can, however, participate and are selected till OCSC and can also write the selection tests conducted during OCSC.
- Date of birth between 1st July 2000 and 30th June 2005, both days inclusive.
- Must be residing and studying in India since 30 November 2017 or earlier or must be pursuing their study in an Indian school system since 30th November 2017 or earlier.
- Must not have completed (or scheduled to complete) class 12 board examination earlier than 30 November 2020.
- Must not have commenced (or planning to commence) studies in a university or equivalent institution by 1 June 2021.
- Must not be appearing in NSEJS 2021-22.
Junior Science: Only students who hold an Indian passport are eligible.
NSE Exam 2022 Result
Given below are the steps to download NSE results.
- Go to the IAPT EXAM website.
- Find the link named "Student Registration."
- A drop-down menu will appear. Click on the student login.
- Students are redirected to another page. Log in by entering the required details.
- Login and check your results.
Students can also go to the IAPT website and click on the respective exam's result link to get a list in which they can check their results.
Stages in ISO
Each student who wants to represent the country for any one of the groups of exams under ISO 2020-21 must go through the following stages.
National Standard Examination (NSE)
International Science Olympiad (IMO)
NSE Exam Instructions
Students should remember the following instructions before entering the HBCSE Exam hall.
- Students are instructed to reach the center 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam.
- Do not forget to carry the admit card along with the student identity card for verification purposes.
- The use of calculators is strictly prohibited in the exam.
- Students are requested to bring their own pen, pencil, eraser, sharpener, and all other required credentials.
- Rough sheets for the rough work will be provided during the exam.
- At the end of the exam, students must submit their answer sheet along with the rough sheet.
Note: For any queries/questions on Olympiad Exams, leave your comments below.