IGKO Application Form Online 2023 | Download IGKO Registration Form and Apply
SOF conducts the IGKO Olympiad exam every year for students from classes 1 to 10. SOF IGKO registration 2023 can be done through school or as an individual through the official website. However, all the individual students and respected schools have to submit their SOF IGKO application form before the IGKO exam due date.
Table of Contents
- SOF IGKO Registration Highlights
- SOF IGKO Eligibility Criteria
- SOF IGKO Level 2 Eligibility Criteria
- SOF IGKO Registration Process
- SOF IGKO Registration Fees
- Details in SOF IGKO Application Form
SOF IGKO Registration Highlights
The SOF IGKO exam is open for students of classes 1 to 10. A prospectus consisting of the registration forms will be sent to all respective schools registered with Science Olympiad Foundation. Those schools that aren't registered with SOF have to request a brochure by sending an email to SOF.
If the school is unable to participate, students can do individual registration through the IGKO Official website.
Here are the important details to be known before applying for the SOF International General Knowledge Olympiad.
|SOF IGKO Deadline||To be announced|
|SOF IGKO Exam Dates 2023||
|SOF IGKO Exam Result 2023||January 2024 (Tentative)|
|Class Eligible||1 to 10|
|Registration Fees||INR 125|
SOF IGKO Eligibility Criteria
Science Olympiad Foundation has made a few criteria for the students to get eligible for the SOF IGKO exam. All the students who have to clear these eligibility criteria are eligible for the IGKO exam.
The IGKO exam is divided into two levels, and both levels have different eligibility criteria. Students from classes 1 to 10 can participate in the IGKO level 1 exam.
Students have to clear all the requirements given below to be eligible for the IGKO olympiad examination.
- Students studying in classes 1 to 10 can appear for the IGKO examination.
- Schools of the students must be affiliated with any recognized education board.
SOF IGKO Level 2 Eligibility Criteria
Only the students who clear the IGKO level 1 are eligible for the level 2 exam.
Students must fulfil any of the criteria given below to qualify for the IGKO level 1 round and become eligible for the IGKO level 2.
- Only the participants studying in classes 3 to 12 can give the SOF IGKO level 2 exam.
- The student must score in the top 5% of the participants on a class-basis classification.
- On a school basis, the student must be the topper of the class, and there must be a minimum of 10 students participating in school for the IGKO examination.
SOF IGKO Registration Process
Science Olympiad Foundation conducts the IGKO examination every year for the students from classes 1 to 10 to improve their conceptual knowledge and encourage them towards their studies.
Students can do the IGKO exam registration in two ways, and the complete details about those ways are given below.
SOF IGKO Registration Through School
To apply for SOF IGKO, schools have to register themselves with the SOF foundation. SOF will be sending the prospectus containing registration forms to the registered schools. The school's coordinating teacher will generate the student's roll numbers as per the guidelines set by the foundation. Students must send a copy of these roll numbers to the foundation's office along with the Student's Registration Sheet (SRS) and School Registration Form (SRF) before the due date.
SOF IGKO registration process through school are as follows.
- Once the registration forms are received, the foundation will register the applicant school and students.
- After successful registration, SOF will dispatch question papers and guidelines for conducting the examination.
- Any school can register as an examination centre for SOF IGKO.
- The school does not have to pay any fee to get registered with the Science Olympiad Foundation.
- From each school, a minimum of 10 students needs to be registered for feasibility reasons.
SOF IGKO Individual Registration
Students can also register for the IGKO exam themselves if their school cannot participate in the SOF Olympiad Exams during 2023-24. For individual registration exams, students have to give the exam from their residence only. Candidates can apply for individual registration under their parents' guidance.
Here are the steps to apply for SOF IGKO individual registration.
- Visit the official website of the Science Olympiad Foundation.
- On the home page, find "Online Registration for Schools and Students".
- Click on "read more", the site will direct the student to the registration page.
- Candidates can view school registration, student registration, and registration forms for schools on the registration page.
- Click on "Registration by Students", which will direct students to the individual registration form.
- Enter school details and student details in the individual registration form.
- Preview the SOF IGKO application form and click submit.
SOF IGKO Registration Fees
To apply for IGKO, SOF charges INR 125 (including GST), which is payable by participating candidates from schools in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, and Nepal. SOF provides fee exemption for students who have any major physical disability or any student whose parents were martyred during defence operations.
Moreover, the school can collect an amount up to INR 25 from each student towards payment of compensation to teachers to teach, guide using study material supplied by SOF, and other miscellaneous expenses. Students with major physical disabilities and children of martyred defence persons are exempted from paying SOF International General Knowledge Olympiad fees.
Details in SOF IGKO Application Form
There are certain details to be filled in regarding the school details and they will be provided with the application form. Moreover, the details provided should be authentic.
Information to be filled in the SOF IGKO school details column are:
- School code (if the school doesn't participate, give code as "AB9999")
- School name
- School address and pin code
- School phone number
- Principal name
- School email id
- Country, state, and city
Information to be filled in the SOF IGKO student details column are:
- Student name
- Class and section
- Student mobile number
- Student email id