Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) is responsible for planning and managing the power sector in UP through its transmission, distribution, and supply of electricity. Engineers who are very passionate about their domains and who want to get into a government sector job in the technical profile can take up this exam.
- March 04, 2021: Admit cards for UPPCL Technician 2021 have been released on the official website of UPPCL i.e. upenergy.in
- What is the UPPCL 2021 Exam?
- UPPCL 2021 Recruitment
- UPPCL 2021 Vacancy
- UPPCL 2021 Exam Date
- UPPCL 2021 Eligibility
- UPPCL 2021 Exam Centre
- UPPCL 2021 Exam Pattern
- UPPCL 2021 Application Form
- UPPCL 2021 Application Process
- UPPCL 2021 Syllabus
- UPPCL 2021 Admit Card
- UPPCL 2021 Result
- UPPCL 2021 Cut off
- UPPCL 2021 Salary
What is the UPPCL 2021 Exam?
UPPCL (Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd.) is an establishment that came into inception on January 14, 2000, with the sole purpose of providing high quality and cost-efficient electricity all over the state of Uttar Pradesh.
UPPCL exam is conducted every year to hire skilled and emerging candidates who want to pursue their careers in this sector for various posts such as Accounts Officers, Assistant Accounts, Junior Engineer, Stenographer, and Technicians Grade-2 posts.
UPPCL 2021 Recruitment (Ongoing)
- The conducting body will release an official notification which will have all the detailed information regarding the recruitment process like the number of vacancies, the eligibility criteria, and all the important dates.
- Candidates need to go through the notification and make sure that they satisfy all the criteria before applying for the exam.
- The recruitment process will include the application process, admit card, conduction of the exam and the declaration of results. And the conducting body will be responsible for the entire process.
- Post of Junior Engineer for a total of 31 vacancies.
|Exam Name||UPPCL JE - Civil|
|Conducting Body||Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Test|
|Purpose of Exam||Recruiting candidates for the post of Junior Engineers under UPPCL|
UPPCL 2021 Vacancy
The conducting body of UPPCL 2021 has announced vacancies across various posts.
|UPPCL Recruitment||Advertisement Number||Vacancies|
|Assistant Accountant||To be announced||-|
|Assistant Review Officer||To be announced||-|
|Technician Electrical||To be announced||-|
|Account Officer||To be announced||-|
|MD, Director in UPPCL/UPPTCL/DISCOM||To be announced||-|
|Company Secretary||To be announced||-|
|Personnel Officers (PO)||To be announced||-|
|Junior Engineer (JE- Civil)||Advt No. 01/VSA/2021/JE/CIVIL||21|
|Assistant Engineer (AE- Civil)||Advt No. 08/VSA/2020/AE/CIVIL||11|
|Junior Engineer (JE- E&M)||Advt No. 07/VSA/2020/JE/E&M||212|
|Office Assistant III (Accounts)||To be announced||-|
|Private Secretary & ARO||To be announced||-|
|Office Assistant-III & Stenographer-III||To be announced||-|
UPPCL 2021 Exam Date
Notification for recruiting candidates for the post of Junior Engineers under UPPCL has already been released on the official website and all the UPPCL 2021 Important dates mentioned in the notifications are given below:
|Event||JE (Civil)||AE (Civil)||JE (E&M)|
|Application Process Start date||February 03, 2021||January 05, 2021||December 04, 2020|
|Application Process End date||February 23, 2021||January 27, 2021||December 28, 2020|
|Submission of application fee and processing change through Net banking/Credit Card/Debit card (Online)||February 03, 2021 to February 23, 2021||January 05, 2021 to January 27, 2021||December 04, 2020 to December 28, 2020|
|Submission of application fee and processing change through SBI Challan (Offline)||February 03, 2021 to February 25, 2021||January 05, 2021 to January 29, 2021||December 04, 2020 to December 30, 2020|
|Tentative date of Computer based Test (CBT)||4th Week of March 2021||Last week of February, 2021||First week of February, 2021|
- JE (Civil)- The Challan for payment can be downloaded upto February 23, 2021
- AE (Civil)- The Challan for payment can be downloaded upto January 27, 2021
- JE (E&M)- The Challan for payment can be downloaded upto December 28, 2020
UPPCL JE 2021 Eligibility
Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited has laid down certain eligibility criteria that a candidate needs to satisfy in order to appear for the UPPCL 2021 JE Exam. Listed below is the UPPCL 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate should have excellent knowledge of Hindi (Devanagari Script). Candidate must produce a certificate from the head of the institution from which they have passed, or from a gazetted officer in Uttar Pradesh that he can read and write in Hindi (in the Devanagari Script) with ease.
- Candidates must have passed three years diploma examination in civil engineering awarded by the Pravidhik Shiksha Parishad, Uttar Pradesh recognized by the state government.
- Candidates must have attained the age of 18 years, and must not be older than the age of 40 years, as on January 1, 2021 .
UPPCL 2021 Exam Centre (Junior Engineers)
Candidates need to consider transportation time and comfortability before choosing the exam centre. Candidates need to keep in mind that once the exam center is chosen and submitted it cannot be changed. Given below is a list of all the cities where the exam centres for UPPCL 2021 exam (Junior Engineers) are allotted:
UPPCL 2021 Exam Pattern (Junior Engineers)
Candidates for the post of Junior Engineers will be selected on the basis of the UPPCL JE exam only. The test will be conducted in the Computer-Based Mode. A total of 200 objective type questions will be asked for a duration of 3 hours. For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded, and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. Questions are included from the subjects of Diploma Level Engineering, General Awareness/General Knowledge, Reasoning, and General Hindi. The marks distribution of each section is given in the table below. Candidates need to have a clear understanding of the exam pattern in order to prepare well accordingly.
|Diploma Level Engg||150|
|General Awareness/General Knowledge||20|
UPPCL 2021 Application Form (Junior Engineer)
The online application form for the post of Junior Engineer under UPPCL was available on the official website from 5 December 2019 up to 26 December 2019. Candidate can apply only through online means. The candidate has to fill in his/her personal details and academic qualifications. The candidate then has to choose an exam centre as per their convenience and finally have to pay the application fee. Application Fee can be paid through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net banking and SBI bank Challan. The application will be considered complete when candidates pay the application fees successfully.
UPPCL Application Form Fee
The application differs with each category. The category-wise UPPCL 2021 Application Form fee is given below in the table.
|Physically Handicapped||INR 10|
|SC/ST if Domicile of UP||INR 700|
|Other than the aforementioned categories||INR 1000|
UPPCL Document Upload
Candidates will have to upload certain documents like scanned images of photograph and signature while filling the UPPCL 2021 Application Form. The photograph must be recently taken coloured picture against a white background and signature should be done in blue or black ink on a white paper. The documents must be in the specified size and format defined by the authorities. Following are the specifications for documents.
|Scanned Signature||Less than 80 KB||JPEG/JPG|
|Scanned Photograph||Less than 80 KB||JPEG/JPG|
UPPCL 2021 Application Process
Once candidates have all the necessary documents ready with them, they can start the UPPCL 2021 Application Process. The application process of UPPCL exam is held online. The UPPCL 2021 Application Process consists of registration, filling the application form, uploading documents and then paying the application fees of the exam.
Candidates should have a working mobile number and an email address for the UPPCL 2021 Application Process. The exam authorities may contact the candidate via email or mobile number for exam updates or any other exam related information.
The step by step procedure for the UPPCL 2021 Application Process has been given below.
How to Apply for the UPPCL 2021 JE exam?
The procedure for applying for the UPPCL JE exam is given below:
- Step 1: Visit the Official website of UPPCL at http://uppcl.org/
- Step 2: Click on "Vacancy/Result" on the top right-hand side of the page.
- Step 3: Click on the "View/Download" button beside the 'Apply online for the post of Junior Engineer' notification.
- Step 4: You will be redirected to a page on a new tab where you have to click on "New user registration for JE Civil Recruitment 2021". An application form will be displayed on clicking it.
- Step 5: Before filling in Online Application, the candidate must be ready with the following documents:
- Scanned image of a recent coloured Photograph of the candidate in JPEG format.
- Scanned Signature of the candidate in JPEG format.
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- Marksheets of Class 10, Class 12, and other relevant exams.
- Ex-Servicemen Retirement certificate (if you are an Ex-Army or Ex-Government of UP employee)
- Step 6: Fill in all the particulars, enter the captcha and then press the "Register" button.
- Step 7: After successful registration, the candidate will receive the Application number (User ID) and password on their registered mobile number and email ID.
- Step 8: On successful submission of the application form and deposition of the application fee, you will be able to view the complete application submitted by you. Kindly take a print out of this application form for future correspondence & the application sequence number printed on it.
UPPCL 2021 Syllabus for JE
Candidates have to go through the detailed syllabus before starting the preparation process. Candidates have to cover all the topics mentioned in the syllabus in order to score well in the examination.
Syllabus for UPPCL 2021 JE - Civil includes topics from Diploma Level Engineering, General Awareness/General Knowledge, Reasoning, and General Hindi. Candidates must go through the detailed syllabus before starting the preparation, in order to know about the topics that have to be covered.
UPPCL 2021 Syllabus for Reasoning
Candidates can go through the below UPPCL 2021 Syllabus for Reasoning:
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Visual Memory
- Decision Making
- Mathematical Operations
- Figure Classification
- Series Completion
- Puzzle Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Alphabet Test
- Number, Ranking, and Time Sequence
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Space Visualization
- Arithmetical Number Series
- Eligibility Test
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Clocks and Calendars
- Situation Reaction Test
- Statements & Conclusions
- Statement & Arguments
- Alpha-Numeric Sequence
- Theme Detection
- Logical Venn Diagrams
- Inserting the Missing Characters
UPPCL 2021 Syllabus for General Awareness/General Knowledge
Candidates can go through the below UPPCL 2021 Syllabus for General Awareness/General Knowledge:
- Current events
- National and international importance
- Happenings and Surroundings
- Everyday Science
UPPCL 2021 Syllabus for General Hindi
Candidates can go through the below UPPCL 2021 Syllabus for General Hindi:
- Reading Comprehension
- Plural Forms
- Sentence correction
- Error Detection and correction
- Translation of Sentences
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Fill in the Blanks
UPPCL 2021 Admit Card
UPPCL Exam Admit Card for the post of Junior Engineer will release 2 weeks before the date of the exam on the official website of UPPCL. Candidates must take the admit card to the examination hall on the day of examination. Without admit card the candidates won't be allowed to attend the examination. The time of examination and the exam centre of the candidate will be mentioned on the UPPCL 2021 admit card.
Details Mentioned on the UPPCL 2021 Admit Card
Candidates can check with the below information regarding the contents of the UPPCL 2021 Admit Card:
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Roll Number
- Duration of Exam
- Exam Name
- Exam Date
- Exam Centre
- Email ID
- Exam Instructions
- Reporting Time
- Space for Invigilator's Signature
UPPCL 2021 Result
UPPCL 2021 Results will be released within 1 month from the date of the successful conduction of the examination. There are certain minimum marks criteria wherein the candidates who obtain less than 30% marks will be rejected for further process of selection. Candidates scoring more than 30% marks will be called for the selection round where the verification of all the original documents will be done. The results will be declared on the official website. Candidates can visit the website often to get all the latest updates about the exam.
How to Check UPPCL JE 2021 Result
Candidates can follow the below guidelines to check the UPPCL JE result :
- Step 1: Visit the official UPPCl website
- Step 2: Search for the result link on the homepage
- Step 3: Enter the login credentials
- Step 4: A list of all qualified candidates and their roll numbers will be displayed.
- Step 5: Download the form and take a print out for future reference
Details Mentioned on the UPPCL JE 2021 Result Scorecard
The following details will be mentioned on the JE scorecard.
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Section-wise scores obtained by candidates
- Overall Scores
UPPCL 2021 Cut Off
UPPCL will decide the cut-off marks for the Junior Engineer exam after the declaration of the UPPCL JE Results. Cut-off depends on various factors like the total number of vacancies available, the difficulty level of the exam, the number of candidates appearing for the exam, etc. Cut-off marks will be declared on the official website after the results are declared. Candidates have to prepare well in order to score above the cut-off marks. Candidates will be called for the next round of selection based on the cut-off marks.
UPPCL JE Expected Cut Off 2019
Cut Off Marks
115 to 125 Marks
105 to 115 marks
100 to 110 marks
80 to 90 marks
80 to 90 marks
UPPCL 2021 Salary
UPPCL conducts exams to recruit candidates for various posts, one of them being Junior Engineers. To get a better understanding of the job profile, candidates can go through the below details regarding the job salary, allowance and benefits which are provided to candidates in the Junior Engineer role.
UPPCL JE Salary
The UPPCL JE salary has various benefits such as provident fund, travel allowance, medical facility etc. In hand salary, will be derived by deducting all these components as given below.
UPPCL JE Annual Package
6 to 7 Lakhs
UPPCL JE In-hand Salary
Monthly In-hand Salary
INR 44,900 per month
UPPCL JE Allowances
Junior Engineers are given various benefits and allowances such as medical expenses are taken care of. They are even entitled to a personal loan if there is a need and other benefits as given below:
- Loan Facility
- Medical Facility
Helpdesk Email Address: [email protected]
What is the pay scale for the post of Junior Engineer- civil under UPPCL?
Salary will be paid as per the 7th pay commission, which will sum up to INR 44,900/-. Dearness and other allowances will be provided as per the rules of UPPCL.
How many marks will be rewarded for every right answer?
1 mark will be awarded for every right answer. And no marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
How many marks will be deducted for every wrong answer?
0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. Hence candidates need to be cautious while answering questions that they\'re not sure of.
Which cities will be allotted as the exam centres for UPPCL JE exam for civil post?
Exams will be conducted in Varanasi, Lucknow, Agra, and Meerut. Candidates need to consider transportation time and comfortability before choosing the exam centre.
What is the exam pattern for UPPCL JE?
Candidates for the post of Junior Engineers will be selected on the basis of the UPPCL JE exam only. The test will be conducted in the Computer-Based Mode. A total of 200 objective type questions will be asked for a duration of 3 hours. For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded, and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. Questions are included from the subjects of Diploma Level Engineering - 150 questions, General Awareness/General Knowledge - 20 questions, Reasoning - 20 questions, and General Hindi - 10 questions.
What is the application fee of UPPCL exam?
The application fee of UPPCL exam is given below: For Candidates who are Physically handicapped - INR 10 For SC/ST candidates dominical to UP - INR 700 For candidates other than aforementioned categories - INR 1000