TSPSC stands for Telangana State Public Service Commission. It is an organization created by the constitution of India to select applicants for civil service jobs in the state of Telangana. TSPSC has been touted as the most progressive of state PSCs in comparison to other states PSCs. This is substantiated by the fact that teams from international PSCs, apart from the ones in state PSCs, have visited TSPSC on study tours.
- What is TSPSC Group 1?
- TSPSC Group 1 2021 Notification
- TSPSC Group 1 2021 Exam Date
- TSPSC Group 1 2021 Eligibility
- TSPSC Group 1 2021 Posts
- TSPSC Group 1 2021 Syllabus
- TSPSC Group 1 2021 Exam Pattern
- TSPSC Group 1 2021 Result
- TSPSC Group 1 2021 Books
What is TSPSC Group 1?
The TSPSC Group 1 exam is a state level examination for students who wish to be employed by the Telangana State Public Service Commission. TSPSC Group 1 consists of all the highest-ranking posts with the highest pay-scale that candidates can apply for in the Telangana State Public Service Commission.
|Exam Name||TSPSC Group 1 Exam|
|Conducting Body||Telangana State Public Service Commission|
|Qualification Requirement||Undergraduate Degree|
|Age Limit||18 - 34 years|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||On-site (TSPSC Centres to be announced)|
|Exam Dates||Yet to be announced|
TSPSC Group 1 2021 Notification
The recruitment for TSPSC Group 1 2021 is done by the Telangana State Public Service Commission or TSPSC. The starting and closing dates for applications, as well as subsequent exam dates, are yet to be announced. The number of vacancies will be updated on the website when the announcement is made.
TSPSC Group 1 2021 Exam Date
The dates for TSPSC Group 1 2021 exam are yet to be announced. Notifications on the exam dates will be made available on the official TSPSC website.
TSPSC Group 1 Application Form Details
The application process for the TSPSC Group 1 2021 exam is completely online. Interested candidates are advised to check the official TSPSC website for notifications on the application form for the TSPSC Group 1 2021 exam. Aspirants are advised to fill the form as early as possible to avoid any issues later on. Candidates need to fill out the application form details in order to be eligible to sit for the exam.
Application Process (Steps to fill)
Candidates need to produce official documents and complete an OTR (One Time Registration) on the official website before filling up the online application.
Documents required (At the time of verification)
- Aadhar Card
- Net banking/Debit card/Credit card
- 10th Standard marks card
- Other educational qualifications
TSPSC Group 1 2021 OTR (One Time Registration)
- Visit the official website of TSPSC
- Find the “One Time Registration” and click on “New” if you are a new user or click on “Edit” if you want to update your details
- A new OTR registration page will open
- In the next step, enter your Aadhar card details
- After entering your Aadhar details, enter your basic details; Name, Date of birth, Gender, Father’s name, Identification marks, etc.
- Next, enter your address and details of your education like 10th, 12th, Degree, Diploma, Additional Qualification, etc.
- Upload your photo and signature as per the dimensions
- Read the declaration and click the checkbox
- Preview the details that you entered and make sure that all the data you’ve provided is correct
TSPSC Group 1 2021 Application Form Steps
- Log in using your OTR details (User ID, password, etc.)
- Click the “Online Application” corresponding to TSPSC Group 1 2021
- Enter all the required details in the form
- Pay the application fee and provide the details of the fees in the form
- Submit the form and take a print out of the application
Make sure you keep the hard copy of your TSPSC Group 1 2021 application safe for future reference.
Application Fee Details
- Applications have to pay INR 250 as the application fee and INR 120 as the examination fee
- Ex-servicemen, PHC, SC/ ST/ OBC candidates are exempt from the payment of the examination fee
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances
- Fees need to be paid online through a payment gateway using your debit card/ credit card, net banking, etc.
TSPSC Group 1 2021 Eligibility
There is a certain minimum eligibility that candidates need to be aware of before applying for the TSPSC Group 1 2021 examination. The details of eligibility are displayed in the below table.
|Age||18 - 34 years|
|Qualification||Undergraduate/ Bachelor’s Degree (From a recognised University or College)|
Nationality and Qualification
The first criteria for aspiring candidates is that they should be Indian citizens. The next crucial step is for candidates to have graduated with a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.
TSPSC Group 1 Age Limit
The age limit for candidates is between 18 and 34 years old. Some posts have an upper limit less than 34 years of age, while some posts have a lower limit above 18 years of age. Candidates must make sure that they check the age limits prior to applying.
The table below shows the TSPSC age relaxations for the general category, SC/OBC/PHC and other candidates who wish to appear for the examination
|Category||Age Limit Relaxation|
|PH (Physically Handicapped)||10 years|
|NCC Instructors||3 years|
|AP Government Employees (APSRTC, APSEB, Municipalities and Corporations Employees are not eligible)||5 years|
|Retrenched Employees (with a minimum of 6 months service)||3 years|
Number of Attempts
Candidates with a recognised qualification can attempt the exam multiple times, given that they fall within the required age limit for the posts that they are applying for. Candidates can also apply for more than one post but will have to pay an application fee for each post that they’ve applied for. If the TSPSC board decides to limit the number of attempts for different category candidates, it will be informed.
TSPSC Group 1 2021 Posts
The eligibility criteria for all the posts in TSPSC Group 1 2021, is more or less the same. Below, are the posts that candidates can apply for in TSPSC Group 1 2021:
- Deputy Collector (Civil Services, Executive Branch)
- Deputy Superintendent of Police - Category II (Police Service)
- Commercial Tax Officer
- District Panchayat Officer (Panchayat Services)
- District Registrars
- Divisional Fire Officer
- Assistant Excise Superintendent
- District Social Welfare Officer
- Municipal Commissioner
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant Treasury Officer
- District Tribal Welfare Officer
- Municipal Commissioner - Grade II
- Mandal Parishad Development Officer
- District Employment Officer
- District Backward Classes Welfare Officer
- Assistant Commissioner of Labour
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Services
- Lay Secretary/Administrative Officer in Director of Public Health and Family Welfare HOD
- Regional Transport Officer
- District Employment Officer in TS Employment and Training Service
- Administrative Officer in Director of Public Health and Family Welfare
TSPSC Group 1 2021 Syllabus
The subjects for TSPSC Group 1 2021 include English, General Studies, Economics, History, Geography, Culture, the Indian Constitution among many others. The TSPSC Group 1 2021 syllabus is separate for the Prelims and Mains exams. The syllabus for Prelims and Main exam is consistent for all the posts and it will remain the same for the TSPSC Group 1 2021 Exam as well.
TSPSC Group 1 2021 Prelims Syllabus
TSPSC Group 1 2021 Prelims tests an applicant’s knowledge in General Studies as well as their Mental Abilities. The following has been included in the General Studies and Mental Abilities in the syllabus for TSPSC Group 1 2021 Prelims.
- International events and relations
- Current affairs of regional, national and international importance
- Environmental issues
- Disaster management- Strategies related to prevention and mitigation
- General Science along with India’s achievement in science and technology
- Indian History and cultural heritage
- Economic and social development of India
- Governance and Public policies in India
- Indian polity and Constitution
- Culture, society, Arts, language, and heritage of Telangana
- Social exclusion: Rights issues associated with the tribe, caste, gender disability, and many more along with inclusive policies
- Telangana State policies
- Logical reasoning
- Data interpretation
- Analytical ability
Candidates that qualify for TSPSC Group 1 2021 Prelims are expected to appear for the TSPSC Group 1 2021 Mains exam.
TSPSC Group 1 2021 Mains Syllabus
The syllabus will remain the same for all the posts in the TSPSC Group 1 2021 Mains exam. The TSPSC Group 1 2021 Mains exam consists of six papers and the categories are General Essay, Indian society, Constitution and governance, General English, History, Geography and Culture, Economy and Development, Telangana movement for State formation, Science and Technology and Interpretation of Data.
- Fill in the blanks - Verb tenses, Conjugations, Prepositions
- Jumbled sentences
- Spotting errors - Punctuation and Spelling
- Rewriting sentences - Usage of vocabulary, Active and Passive Voice, Direct and Indirect Speech
- Precis Writing
- Letter Writing
Paper 1: General Essay
Candidates are expected to write three essays, one from each section is compulsory. Each section has three questions and each essay carries 50 marks.
- Contemporary social problems and social issues
- Issues related to economic growth and justice
- Indian Historical and Cultural Heritage
- Dynamics of Indian Politics
- Developments in science and technology
- Education and Human Resource Development
Paper 2: History, Culture and Geography
India’s history and culture with a special reference to the Modern Period (1757 - 1947 AD)
- Early Indian Civilization
- Advent of Islam and its effects on Indian society and culture
- British Colonial Rule in India: Establishment and Impact
- Anti-British uprisings
- Phases of the Indian Freedom Struggle
History and Cultural Heritage of Telangana
- History and culture of Ancient Telangana
- Medieval Telangana and the rise of composite culture
- Establishment of Asaf Jahi Dynasty
- Socio-cultural awakening in Telangana
- Movement of people against the Nizam’s rule
Geography of India and Telangana
- India’s Geography
- Agriculture and Irrigation
- Geographical extent of Hyderabad and Geography of Telangana
- Agriculture of Telangana
- Urbanization in Telangana
Paper 3: Indian Society, Governance and Constitution
Indian Society and Social Movements
- Indian society
- Social Exclusion
- Social Issues in Telangana and India
- Social Movements in Telangana
- Social Policies and Programmes in India and Telangana
Constitution of India
- Governance in State and District levels
- Programs, Agencies, Institutions
- Development processes
- Ethics and values of Administration
Paper 4: Economy and Development
Indian Economy and Development
- National Income
- Unemployment and poverty
- Banking and the monetary system
- Public Finance
- Planning in Indian Economy
- Telangana Economy in Hyderabad
- Human Resources, Demographic Dividend, Demographic Structure, and Transition
- Land Reforms
- Industry and service sectors
- Agriculture and allied sectors
Developmental and Environmental problems
- Environment vs Development
- Natural resources
- Biodiversity and Ecosystems
- Environmental pollution, solid waste management, recycling and reuse.
- Global environmental issues: Change of climate, Impact and extent of Global Warming, Sustainable development
Part 5: Science and Technology, and Interpretation of Data
Role and Impact of Science and Technology
- Classical, as well as Emerging issues of Science and Technology
- National Policies on Science and Technology
- India’s Space program and its application to different sectors
- Application of Space Technology in India
- Energy Resources
Modern trends in Scientific Application
- Crop Science in India
- Concepts of Biotechnology and application of Genetic Engineering
- Microbial Infections
- Food biotechnology
Interpretation of Data and Problem Solving
- Data analysis
- Problems on Diagrammatical and Tabular Data
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Time and Work
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Simple Interest
- Critical and Analytical Reasoning
- Decision making and problem-solving
Part 6: Telangana Movement and State Formation
Idea of Telangana (1948 - 1970)
- Historical background
- Hyderabad in the Independence of India
- Formation of Andhra Pradesh in 1956
- Violation of Employment and Service Rules
- Telangana Praja Samiti formation and Course of Movement
Mobilisation Phase (1971 - 1990)
- Court judgement on Mulki rules
- Rise and extent of Naxalite Movement, causes and consequences
- Emergence of regional parties in 1990
Formation of Telangana State (1991 - 2014)
- Public awakening
- Telangana Rashtra Samithi in 2001
- Role of Political Parties
- Cultural Revivalism in Telangana
- Parliamentary processes
TSPSC Group 1 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates applying for the TSPSC Group 1 2021 exam will have to go through a three-step process assessment process:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
|Exam Type||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Prelims Exam (Multiple Choice)||2 hours and 30 minutes||150|
|General English (Qualifying Test)||3 hours||150|
|Mains Exam Paper 1 - General Essay||3 hours||150|
|Mains Exam Paper 2 - History, Culture and Geography||3 hours||150|
|Mains Exam Paper 3 - Indian Society, Constitution and Governance||3 hours||150|
|Mains Exam Paper 4 - Economy and Development||3 hours||150|
|Mains Exam Paper 5 - Science and Technology, and Data Interpretation||3 hours||150|
|Mains Exam Paper 6 - Telangana Movement and State Formation||3 hours||150|
TSPSC Group 1 2021 Result
The results for the TSPSC Group 1 exams will be announced on the official TSPSC website once the written examinations are done. Candidates will be able to use their roll number/ registration number that they created at the time of their application, to check their results.
Steps to view Results
- Visit the official website, www.tspsc.gov.in
- Scroll down the page and click on “Results”
- You will be redirected to a new page
- Search for “TSPSC Group 1 Results” and click on it
- Enter the required details and click “Submit”
- Check your results
TSPSC Group 1 2021 Reference Books
The TSPSC Group 1 exam is highly competitive so applicants need to spend a lot of time reading and updating their knowledge. Since there are a wide variety of books available in the market, applicants may often get confused with regards to where their starting point is. Below are some of the reference books and material required for applicants to ready themselves for the TSPSC Group 1 2021 Prelims and Mains examinations.
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) recommends the following books for candidates to prepare for the TSPSC Group 1.
|Name of the Book||Medium||Author|
|Complete Study Material for TSPSC Group 1 Preliminary Exam||English Medium||V. V. K. Subburaj & T. Prakash Kumar|
|TSPSC Group 1 Preliminary Exam English Book: Volume I||English Medium||V. V. K. Subburaj & T. Prakash Kumar|
|TSPSC Group 1 Preliminary Exam English Book: Volume II||English Medium||V. V. K. Subburaj & T. Prakash Kumar|
|TSPSC Group-1 Mains Previous Paperback - 2017||Telugu Medium||MC Reddy Publications|
|Mental Ability Reasoning, Logical, Analytical, Data Interpretations, Arithmetic Special||Telugu Medium||Vijeta Competitions Editorial Board|
|TSPSC - Telangana History - Culture||Telugu Medium||M. Ramanarayana|
Telangana State Public Service Commission,
Prathibha Bhavan, M.J.Road, Nampally, Hyderabad 500001,
Call Center: 040 24655555 / 24606666
Technical Team: +91 40 23542185 / 23542187
Telephone No: 040-24686026
Fax. No: 040-24747578
Q. Who all are eligible to sit for the TSPSC Group 1 2021 Exam?
A. Candidates between the ages of 18 and 34, who are Indian citizens and have a Bachelor’s/ Undergraduate degree from a recognized college or university; are eligible to appear for the examination.
Q. How do I apply for the TSPSC Group 1 2021 Exam?
A. Candidates need to complete a One Time Registration (OTR) on the main website before filling out the application form for the TSPSC Group 1 2021 exam. Candidates will have to go through the instructions and guidelines provided in the TSPSC Group 1 Notification before filling out the application. Visit www.tspsc.gov.in and follow the steps mentioned above.
Q. What are the application fees for the TSPSC Group 1 2021 Exam?
A. Applications have to pay INR 250 as the application fee and INR 120 as the examination fee. Ex-servicemen, PHC, SC/ ST/ OBC candidates are exempt from the payment of the examination fee.
Q. What is the exam pattern for TSPSC Group 1 2021?
A. The Prelims exam is objective (multiple choice) in nature and has 150 questions carrying 1 mark each, and will be for a duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes. Following the prelims exam will be a General English qualifying test for 150 marks and the exam will be for a duration of 3 hours. The Main exam consists of 6 papers of 150 marks each and the duration for each paper will be 3 hours. Once they clear the Main exam, candidates will have to appear for an interview, which will carry 100 marks.
Q. Can I apply for multiple posts in the TSPSC Group 1 2021 exam?
A. Yes, candidates may apply for multiple posts in TSPSC Group 1 but will have to pay a separate application fee for each post that they have applied for.