Do you wish to work in civil services in the state of Tamilnadu? The Tamilnadu Public Service Commission conducts TNPSC Group 4 2020 Exam to recruit candidates in the various departments of the Tamilnadu state. Read below to find out more about the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Exam.
- What is the TNPSC Group 4 Exam?
- TNPSC Group 4 2020 Notification
- TNPSC Group 4 2020 Exam Date
- TNPSC Group 4 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- TNPSC Group 4 2020 Application Form
- TNPSC Group 4 2020 Application Process
- TNPSC Group 4 2020 Admit Card
- TNPSC Group 4 2020 Syllabus
- TNPSC Group 4 2020 Exam Pattern
- TNPSC Group 4 Reference Books
- TNPSC Group 4 2020 Result
- TNPSC Group 4 2020 Selection Process
- TNPSC Group 4 2020 Counselling
- TNPSC Group 4 Salary
- TNPSC Group 4 Preparation Tips
- TNPSC Group 4 Contact Details
What is the TNPSC Group 4 Exam?
About TNPSC Exam: TNPSC stands for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. The TNPSC conducts the combined civil service exam for the recruitment of the candidates in the Group 4 services every year. The TNPSC exam will be conducted offline. Candidates who wish to apply for the exam should know all the information regarding the examination.
Posts Offered: The TNPSC Group 4 exam includes the following posts/services under the Tamil Nadu Government.
- Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service
- Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service
- Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service
- Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service
- Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Highlights
The table below gives an overview of the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Exam.
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 4|
|Acronym||TNPSC Group 4|
|Conducting Body||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Language||English and Tamil|
|Exam Duration||180 min|
TNPSC Group 4 2020 Notification
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) will issue the TNPSC Group 4 notification 2020 soon. The TNPSC Group 4 exam 2020 notification will inform about the most important component of the group 4 recruitment process i.e. the number of vacancies. Besides the number of vacancies, it will also notify the marking scheme, exam patterns, syllabus, and the eligibility criteria
TNPSC Group 4 2020 Exam Date
The Tamilnadu Public Commission Services i.e. TNPSC has not released any official notification for the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Exam yet. It is expected to come out soon. We have stated tentative TNPSC Group 4 2020 Exam Dates in the table below. Once the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Notification is released rest of the dates like exam date, result date etc. will be updated.
Given below are the important dates for the TNPSC examination:
|Application Form Start Date||September 2020|
|TNPSC Group 4 Application Last Date||September 2020|
|Application Form Late Date to pay the Application Fee||October 2020|
TNPSC Group 4 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Tamilnadu Public Service Commission sets the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Eligibility Criteria. The eligibility for the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Exam depends on a few factors such as educational qualification and age of the appearing candidates and it differs with the posts in the TNPSC Group 4. The candidates must go through the eligibility criteria and ensure that they surpass it before applying for the TNPSC Group 4 2020, as failing to do so will lead to their disqualification. The details related to the eligibility criteria for TNPSC Group 4 2020 are given below:
TNPSC Group 4 Age Limit
The age limit for various posts of TNPSC Group 4 are given below:
|Village Administrative Officer (VAO)||18-30|
|Junior Assistant, Bill Collector, Field Surveyor, Draftsman, and Steno-Typist (Grade 3)||21-30|
There are different education qualifications for the various vacancies of Typist, Steno Typist, Field Surveyor, and VAO (Village Administrative Officer), Junior Artist, Bill Collector & Draftsmen. The educational qualification for TNPSC has been given below:
- Field Surveyor: The recruitment for the post of the Field Surveyor preferences would be given to the candidates who are trained in the survey industrial training institutes.
- Steno-Typist: Candidate must have passed SSLC with minimum marks, as well as Government Technical Examination both in Typewriting and Shorthand.
- Typist: Candidate must have passed SSL with a minimum mark that can grant admission to higher secondary courses and Government Technical Examination in typewriting.
- VAO (Village Administrative Officer), Junior Assistant (Security & Non-Security), Draftsman & Bill Collector: The candidate must have passed the SSLC examination with minimum marks.
Computer Qualification for Typist & Steno Typist
The candidate must have a certified course in computer and office automation awarded by the technical education department for the post of Typist & Steno Typist to be eligible for the TNPSC Group 4 examination.
Note: The candidate must also have a knowledge of the Tamil Language
TNPSC Group 4 2020 Application Form
Interested candidates can apply for the TNPSC Group 4 examination on the official website from September 2020.
TNPSC Group 4 Application Fee
The application fee can be paid online and offline. You can pay the fee through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/ E-challan (if applicable). The registration fee is INR 150. It is valid for 5 years. The applicants who have registered in the one-time registration system and paid the registration fee need not register again. The examination fee should be paid at the time of submitting the registration form for the recruitment of INR 100. An examination fee is charged each year if you wish to apply for this exam.
|Particulars||TNPSC Group-4 Application Fee|
|One Time Registration Fee||INR 150|
|Exam Fee||INR 100|
TNPSC Group 4 2020 Application Process
The TNPSC Group 4 2020 Application Process involves registering for the exam, application form, and payment of fees. Candidates can complete all these steps by going to the official website of the TNPSC Group 4 where they will find a link to apply. Once the TNPSC authorities release the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Notification, candidates will be able to find important dates and details regarding the application process. Candidates are advised to fill the application before the deadline. Before applying for the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Exam, candidates should ensure that they fit the defined eligibility criteria.
How to apply for the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Exam?
- Go to the official website of the TNPSC.
- A page will appear on the screen where you can register & login.
- If you have already registered for the TNPSC exams, then log in and apply for TNPSC Group 4.
- After logging in, click on apply now and fill in all the required information in the application form.
- Before applying cross-check the details
- After filling the application form the next step is to pay the application fee
- After the successful payment of the application fee, click on submit to successfully submit the application form.
TNPSC Group 4 2020 Admit Card
After applying for the application form, the candidates can download the admit card from the official website which contains all the details of the exam. It is necessary for candidates to bring the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Admit Card to the exam hall. Without the admit card, the candidate will not be allowed to sit for the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Exam. Along with the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Admit Card, candidates need to bring a photo identity proof to the exam hall.
The TNPSC Group 4 2020 Admit Card will get released on the official website a few days before the date of the examination. The step by step process of downloading TNPSC Group 4 2020 Admit Card is given below.
How to download TNPSC Group 4 Admit Card?
- Go to the official website of the TNPSC.
- Click on the online services tab given at online services.
- Click on Hall Ticket Download tab given on the right side.
- Click on the TNPSC Group 4 exam link.
- Enter the registered mobile number and required details
- Download the TNPSC Group 4 admit card
- Take the print out of the admit card
Details on the TNPSC Group 4 Admit Card
The TNPSC Group 4 2020 Admit Card will have details of the candidate as well as information about the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Exam. The following details are present on the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Admit Card.
- Name of the candidate
- Father's Name
- Mother's Name
- Application Number
- Date of Birth
- Contact Details
- Exam Centre Address
- Date of the exam
- Time of the exam
- Subject of the Exam
- Important Instructions for the day of the exam
Documents to carry with the TNPSC Group 4 Admit Card
Applicants must bring an original valid photo identity proof with its photocopy[xerox copy], two recent passport size photographs and the TNPSC Group 4 Admit Card. The photographs should match the one uploaded in the TNPSC Group 4 Application Form. Invigilators at the exam centre will verify these documents before applicants enter the exam hall. Candidates can bring any one of the documents mentioned below as a photo identity proof.
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Voter Card
- Permanent Driving License
- Ration Card
TNPSC Group 4 2020 Syllabus
The TNPSC Group 4 2020 Syllabus consists of 3 sections which are General Studies, Aptitude and Mental Ability, and General English/General Tamil. The General Studies section will have science topics. Aptitude and Mental Ability section will test the candidates for their analytical skills and General English/ General Tamil section will examine a candidate's comprehension ability. Given below is the unit-wise TNPSC Group 4 2020 Syllabus.
The General Studies section will contain topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. The main topics in each subject of General Studies are as below.
- Nature of Universe
- General Scientific laws
- National scientific laboratories
- Force, motion and energy
- Mechanics and properties of matter
- Magnetism, Electricity and Electronics
- Inventions and discoveries
- Physical quantities, standards and units
- Heat, light and sound
- Elements and Compounds
- Acids, Bases and Salts
- Fertilizers, Pesticides, and Insecticides
- Reproductive System
- Environment, Ecology, health and hygiene
- Animals, plants and human life
- Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases -prevention and remedies
- Blood and Blood Circulation
- Classification of the living organisms
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Main Concepts of life science
- Respiration in plants
The Current Events section will test the candidate's knowledge of current happening around the world and in the country. The main topics of Current Events sections are listed below.
- States in India
- National Symbols
- Diary of Events
- Sports and Games
- Awards and Honours
- Books and Authors
- India and its neighbouring countries
- Public awareness & General Administration
- Welfare oriented government schemes, their utility
- Political parties and political system in India
- Problems in conduct of public elections
- Socio-Economic Problems
- Economic growth and development
- Industrial policy
- Latest Inventions
- Scientific discoveries
The main topics of the Geography section are given below.
- Geographical Landmarks
- Water Resources
- Earth and Universe
- Solar System
- Social Geography
- Population density and distribution
- Forest and Wildlife
- Natural Calamities
- Transport and Communication
History and Culture of India and Tamilnadu
Some of the prominent topics in History and Culture of India and Tamilnadu are given below.
- South Indian History
- Culture and Heritage of Tamil people
- India since independence - Characteristics of Indian culture
- Unity in diversity - race, colour, language, custom-India-as secular state
- Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN
- Political parties and populist schemes
- Indus Valley Civilization
- Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas
Aptitude and Mental Ability
Following are some of the main topics under the Aptitude and Mental Ability section.
- Number Series
- LCM and HCF
- Area and Volume
- Time and Work
- Visual Reasoning
- Alpha-numeric Reasoning
- Ratio and Proportions
- Tables, Graphs and Diagrams
- Simple Interest
The General English section of TNPSC Group 4 syllabus contains the following topics.
- Fill in the blanks
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Error detection
- Reading comprehension
- Singular and plural
- Sentence Forms
- Compound words
- Active and Passive voice
TNPSC Group 4 2020 Exam Pattern
The TNPSC Group 4 Exam has two types of papers; Type-I and Type-II. The Type-I and Type-II both will have General studies section as well as the Aptitude and Mental Ability section. Although the first two sections are common in both sections, Type-I will have General English section and Type-II will have General Tamil section. There will be a total of 200 questions in the exam and duration for the same is 3 hours. The question paper will be available in English and Tamil. The exam does not have negative marking. Candidates will be awarded one mark for every correct answer.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern Highlights
The following table gives an overview of the TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern.
|Conducting body||Tamilnadu Public Service Commission i.e. TNPSC|
|Medium of the exam||English/Tamil|
|Question type||Objective or Multiple Choice Questions i.e. MCQs|
|Number of questions||200|
|Phases of the exam||
Phase I: Written Examination
Phase II: Personal Interview
|Duration||Phase I: 3 Hours or 180 Minutes|
The General Studies and Aptitude and Mental Ability section will have 75 and 25 questions respectively. The General English/Tamil section will have 100 questions. The maximum qualifying marks for the TNPSC Group 4 are 300.
The TNPSC Group 4 2020 Exam pattern along with the subjects is given on the table below-
|Syllabus||Number of Questions|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test||25|
Note: Two types of question papers will be set. The candidates will be given the choice to choose between any one of them.
TNPSC Group 4 2020 Reference Books
The candidates must not only study notes but also the right books and the best books for the TNPSC Group 4 2020 exam. TNPSC Group 4 Reference Books will help candidates understand basic concepts. Candidates should make sure that the books are of the latest edition. Reference books should also consist of mock tests, sample papers. Some of the books candidates can use are as below.
- Manual for TNPSC Examinations (General Studies) by M. Karthikeyan (McGraw Hill Publications)
- TNPSC Group 4 Exam All-in-One Complete Study Material Book & Solved Question Paper by V.V.K Subburaj
- TNPSC Group – IV Previous year Original Question Paper by Panel of Experts
- Quantitative aptitude for competitive examinations by R.S Aggarwal (S. Chand Publications)
- General Knowledge 2020 (Arihant Publications)
Candidates must study the above-mentioned books to become thorough with the TNPSC Group 4 2020 syllabus. The candidates must study and practice previous year question papers in order to clear the TNPSC Group 4 2020 exam.
TNPSC Group 4 2020 Result
TNPSC Group 4 2020 results will be released soon after the examination. Candidates can check the result online on the official website of the TNPSC Group 4 exam. The TNPSC Group 4 Result will be in a form of a scorecard. Candidates are required to upload documents after the result is declared and then documents verification process will commence.
Steps to check the results?
- Go to the official website
- Go to the result tab (on the right-hand side)
- Click on the result button given in the drop-down the list
- On clicking the link as given above "Latest Result" table will appear on the screen
- Go to the "Posts Included in Combined Civil Services Examination-4 (Group 4 Services)" row is given in the table
- Click on the "Written Exams" column in the given at the right-hand table
- A new window will appear asking for the register number
- Enter the register number and submit
- Download the marks and rank
- Take the printout of the marks for the future reference
Details on the TNPSC Group 4 Result
The scorecard of the TNPSC Group 4 Result will contain the following details.
- Registration Number
- Total Marks
- Communal Category
- Overall Rank
- Category-wise Rank
TNPSC Group 4 2020 Selection Process
The TNPSC Group 4 2020 selection process depends on the number of vacancies available.
The candidates shall be selected on the marks obtained in the TNPSC Group 4 2020 written exam. The candidates who are able to meet the cut off marks shall be shortlisted for the documents verification process. The list of the shortlisted candidates will be released on the official website. The candidates after successful verification of their original documents will be selected for the counselling process. This will be the last and the final stage of the selection process for TNPSC Group 4 2020.
Candidates who are in service must provide a no-objection certificate during document verification, the failure of which shall lead to the cancellation of the application of the candidate for TNPSC Group 4 2020.
TNPSC Group 4 2020 Counselling
After the TNPSC Group 4 Result is declared, candidates will be asked to upload documents. Then, these candidates will be called for the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Counselling after document verification is carried out by the authorities. Eligible candidates will receive an appointment letter after the TNPSC Group 4 2020 Counselling.
The counselling process for TNPSC Group 4 2020 shall include all the shortlisted candidates who will be allotted the posts and departments. This allotment shall depend on the rank of the candidates and the number of vacancies available for TNPSC Group 4 Counselling 2020.
TNPSC Group 4 Salary
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission salary according to 2019 notification is given below:
|Name of the Post||Scale of Pay|
|Village Administrator Officer|
TNPSC Group 4 Preparation Tips
The TNPSC Group 4 aspirants must follow the preparation tips given below-
- The candidates must first read the syllabus carefully and buy the respective books or all study materials required.
- Candidates, if they think, can also take professional help or guidance from a teacher or an expert. They can also take coaching which shall help them with study notes and help them prepare better for the TNPSC Group 4 Exam.
- Candidates must also make a study plan or a time table that they should strictly follow.
- Candidates must also clear all their doubts about a particular subject or topic if they any.
- Candidates must also practice previous year question papers and take online mock tests in order to improve speed and accuracy.
- The candidates must avoid last-minute preparations and must study months before the exam.
- On the day of the exam for TNPSC Group, 4 candidates must remain calm and confident. They must read the questions carefully and then answer them.
TNPSC Group 4 Contact Details
In case of any queries or doubts, candidates are advised to contact the TNPSC Group 4 exam authorities. The contact details of the TNPSC exam authorities are stated below.
Address: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
TNPSC Road, V.O.C.Nagar, Park Town,
Chennai-600003, Tamil Nadu, India
Phone Number: +91-44-25300300
Toll-Free Number: 1800 425 1002
Email Address: [email protected]