Are you looking to fast forward your career in the Banking and Finance Sector of India? Then you should consider applying for the JAIIB Exam which is conducted twice a year, to select capable and skilled individuals in the Banking and Finance field. All the details about the examination and the step to register for it can be found in this article.
- What is the JAIIB Exam?
- JAIIB 2021 Exam Date
- JAIIB 2021 Eligibility
- JAIIB 2021 Application Form
- JAIIB 2021 Admit Card
- JAIIB 2021 Exam Pattern
- JAIIB 2021 Syllabus
- JAIIB 2021 Passing Criteria
- JAIIB 2021 Result
What is the JAIIB Exam?
JAIIB stands for Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers. The exam for JAIIB is conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF) on a biannual basis, i.e. twice a year. The JAIIB Exam is a flagship banking course open only to the members of the IIBF. Anyone who is employed in the Banking and Finance Sector of India can submit their application for membership at the IIBF.
The JAIIB Exam is conducted to test and evaluate the basic banking knowledge of an individual to work as a professional in the banking and finance sector in India. The IIBF aims to enhance the banking and financial services, banking technology, customer relations, and other accountancy and legal aspects of the banking industry, by nurturing and developing competent professional employees. The IIBF undertakes activities to educate, train, examine, consult, counsel, qualify, and render continuous professional development programs to banking professionals.
JAIIB 2021 Exam Date
The JAIIB exam is conducted twice annually, once in the month of May and again in the month of November every year. The application process is likely to commence in March, 2021. All the tentative dates are discussed below:
JAIIB Exam May 2021 Dates
|JAIIB Exam May 2021||Dates|
|Principles & Practices of Banking||Third and fourth week of May, 2021|
|Accounting & Financing for Bankers||Third and fourth week of May, 2021|
|Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking||Third and fourth week of May, 2021|
JAIIB Exam November 2021 Dates
|JAIIB Exam November 2021||Dates|
|Principles & Practices of Banking||Will be announced later|
|Accounting & Financing for Bankers||Will be announced later|
|Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking||Will be announced later|
JAIIB 2021 Eligibility
The JAIIB Exam is open only to the registered members of the IIBF. It is a professional flagship course in banking offered by the IIBF only to selected individuals. Anyone who is employed in the Banking and Finance Sector of India can submit their application for membership at the IIBF.
The eligibility criteria for appearing for the JAIIB Exam is as follows:
- The candidates must be a registered ordinary member of the IIBF.
- The candidates must have passed their 10+2 Boards or any other equivalent exams.
- There are no restrictions on the upper age limit of the candidates.
JAIIB 2021 Application Form
The JAIIB Exam 2021 application forms are available on the official website of the IIBF. Online applications for the JAIIB Exam can be made only within the specified registration phases. The candidates must be registered members of the IIBF to possess the membership number and password that is mandatory for the JAIIB registration and application. The following steps can be taken to apply for the JAIIB Exam 2021:
- Visit the official website of the IIBF: www.iibf.org.in
- Click on the “Apply Now” tab and select “Exams (Members)” from the drop-down list.
- Click on “JAIIB” and log in with the membership credentials.
- Fill in the online application form and click on the “Accept and Submit) button to proceed to the payment section.
- Select the method of online payment suitable to you and make the payment for the exam (including the penalty fee, if applicable).
- The transaction details and confirmation on successful registration will be sent through SMS on the registered mobile number.
JAIIB Registration Fee 2021
The registration fee for JAIIB is stipulated on the basis of the number of attempts taken by the candidates as well as the period of registration. The basic registration fee for JAIIB Exam on the basis of the number of attempts is given below:
|JAIIB Number of Attempts||JAIIB Basic Fee|
|JAIIB First Attempt Fee||INR 2700|
|JAIIB Second Attempt Fee||INR 1300|
|JAIIB Third Attempt Fee||INR 1300|
|JAIIB Fourth Attempt Fee||INR 1300|
The registration process for the JAIIB exam is conducted in three phases. The candidates should register themselves in the first phase of the registration window to avoid paying the penalty fee in the subsequent registration phases.
The registration fee for JAIIB exam on the basis of the period/phase of registration is given below:
JAIIB Exam May 2021 Fee
|JAIIB May 2021 Registration Phase (Tentative)||Penalty Fee|
|Sep 1, 2021 to Sep 30, 2021||No penalty|
|April 11, 2021 to April 20, 2021||Basic Fee + INR 100|
|April 21, 2021 to April 30, 2021||Basic Fee + INR 200|
JAIIB Exam November 2021 Fee
|JAIIB November 2021 Registration Phase (Tentative)||Penalty Fee|
|September 1, 2021 - September 7, 2021||No penalty|
|September 8, 2021 - September 21, 2021||Basic Fee + INR 100|
|September 22, 2021 - September 30, 2021||Basic Fee + INR 200|
JAIIB 2021 Admit Card
- The candidates are provided during the registration for JAIIB with the provision to choose the venue and the examination time slots for each of the subjects according to their convenience on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The candidates are required to be very careful while selecting their preferred exam centre, venue, and time slots, as there will be no provision to modify these details later. No request for any change of the exam centre, venue, or the time slots will be entertained under any circumstances.
- After the successful registration for the JAIIB Exam, the Admit Cards or the Admit Letters will be generated.
- The JAIIB Admit Cards or the Admit Letters will be published on the official website of the IIBF under the menu “Examination/Courses > Admit Letter”. The candidates will then be able to download it by logging in to the official website with their membership credentials, and then print it for future use.
- The JAIIB Admit Cards or the Admit Letters will also be emailed to the candidates at their registered email addresses. The candidates must save, download, and print it for future use.
- The candidates are required to carry to the exam centre the printed copy of their JAIIB Exam Admit Card or Admit Letter, along with their membership ID card, or any other valid photo ID card in the original, failing which they will not be denied permission to appear for the exam.
- The Admit Card or Admit Letter holds validity only for the exam, date, and centre mentioned on it.
JAIIB 2021 Exam Pattern
- The JAIIB Exam is conducted in both Hindi and English. The candidates are required to clearly mention their preferred medium for the exam at the time of registration. The modification of the medium will not be allowed later under any circumstances.
- The JAIIB Exam will be conducted through online mode only.
- The JAIIB Exam consists of three subjects which are all compulsory.
- The duration for each subject exam is 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Each subject question paper will consist of approximately 120 MCQs for 100 marks.
- There are no negative markings for any wrong answers.
- Candidates must take the test for each subject as per the schedule and qualify by securing the minimum marks.
JAIIB 2021 Syllabus
As mentioned earlier, there are three subjects in the JAIIB Exam 2021. The detailed syllabus for the JAIIB exam is available on the official website of the IIBF. Here is a subject-wise brief overview of the syllabus of the JAIIB Exam 2021:
- Syllabus of Principles & Practices of Banking
- Indian Financial System
- Functions of banks
- Banking technology
- Support services-Marketing of banking services/products
- Ethics in banks and financial institutions
- Syllabus of Accounting & Finance for Bankers
- Business mathematics and finance
- Principles of bookkeeping & accountancy
- Final accounts
- Banking operations
- Syllabus of Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking
- Regulations & compliance
- Legal aspects of banking operations
- Banking related laws
- Commercial laws with reference to banking operations
JAIIB 2021 Passing Criteria
- The minimum qualifying marks in each subject of the JAIIB is 50 out of 100.
- The candidates who score at least 45 marks in each subject, with an aggregate of 50% marks in all the subjects of JAIIB in a single attempt will also be considered as having passed the JAIIB Exam.
- The candidates will be allowed to retain the credits for the subjects they have passed in any of the attempts until the expiry of the time limit for passing the JAIIB Exam.
Time Limit for Passing the JAIIB Exam:
- The candidates are required to pass in all the subjects of the JAIIB Exam within the time limit of 2 years, i.e. within 4 consecutive attempts.
- The candidates who are unable to pass the JAIIB exam within the stipulated duration mentioned above are required to re-enroll themselves afresh. Such candidates will not be granted credit(s) for the subject(s) they had passed in, if any, earlier.
- The time limit of 2 years will commence from the date of registration for the first attempt. Once registered, the attempts are counted irrespective of whether a candidate appears for any examination or otherwise.
JAIIB 2021 Result
The final results of the JAIIB Exam are published on the official website of the IIBF after the successful completion of the exam. The consolidated result for all the subjects is also published by the IIBF along with the JAIIB Exam results. The candidates can download their results by logging in with their membership number and password at the official website of IIBF.
JAIIB Contact Details
Address: Indian Institute of Banking & Finance, Kohinoor City, Commercial-II, Tower-1, 2nd Floor, Kirol Road, Kurla (West), Mumbai - 400 070
Telephone: 022-6850 7000
Official website: www.iibf.org.in