The Certified Associate of India Institute of Bankers exam is carried out two times in a year. Indian Institute of Banking and Finance conducts this exam. CAIIB is one of the premium exams conducted by IIBF; this exam is conducted to check the advanced ways of general Banking Management and Decision Making. Everything you need to know about this exam is given here.
- What is the CAIIB Exam?
- CAIIB 2021 Exam Date
- CAIIB 2021 Eligibility
- CAIIB 2021 Application Form
- CAIIB 2021 Admit Card
- CAIIB 2021 Subjects Offered
- CAIIB 2021 Exam Centre
- CAIIB 2021 Exam Pattern
- CAIIB 2021 Syllabus
- CAIIB 2021 Study Material
What is the CAIIB Exam?
CAIIB stands for Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers. These exams are held by IIBF (Indian Institute of Banking & Finance). The CAIIB exam examination is conducted twice a year. CAIIB exam is conducted to check the development methods for dynamics and general finance administration. The CAIIB exam will be conducted all over India.
CAIIB 2021 Exam Highlights
Below given are the details regarding the CAIIB exam.
|Exam Name||Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers|
|Frequency||Twice in a year|
|Mode of the exam||Online|
CAIIB 2021 Exam Date
The CAIIB is conducted twice a year. The dates will be mentioned once the official dates are announced.
CAIIB June 2021
|Application Form Start Date||To Be Announced|
|Application Form End Date||To Be Announced|
|Admit Card for Advance Bank Management||To Be Announced|
|Admit Card for Bank Financial Management||To Be Announced|
|Admit for rest of the courses||To Be Announced|
CAIIB December 2021
|Application Form Start Date||To be announced|
|Application Form End Date||To be announced|
|Admit Card for Advance Bank Management||To be announced|
|Admit Card for Bank Financial Management||To be announced|
|Admit card for rest of the course||To be announced|
CAIIB 2021 Eligibility
The members who have completed JAIIB or Part 1 of the Associate Examination can appear for this exam. The membership subscription of the members should not have any dues.
CAIIB 2021 Application Form
The application for the CAIIB Exam will be released on the official website. The aspirants need to check the eligibility criteria before applying and have to fill the application form to appear for the exam. The steps to fill the application form is given below:
How to fill the application form?
- Go to the official website.
- Select the notification bar on the home page of the official website.
- Click on the application form.
- Now, fill in the required information in the application form.
- Cross the application form and submit and proceed.
- Pay the application fee.
- Submit the application form and take the print out.
CAIIB Application Fee
Below are the application fee details as per the number of attempts.
|1st Attempt||INR 3,000|
|2nd Attempt||INR 1,300|
|3rd Attempt||INR 1,300|
|4th Attempt||INR 1,300|
CAIIB 2021 Admit Card
The admit card for the CAIIB Exam will be released ten days before the examination. The admit card will be sent through an email, and the candidates can also download the admit card from the official website. To download the CAIIB 2021 Admit Card, the candidates need to login on the official website. Candidates are advised to carry the admit card and an ID proof, without which the candidate will not be allowed to take up the examination.
How to download the admit card?
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the notification bar on the home page.
- Click on the option for admit card.
- Login using the CAIIB membership number and password.
- The admit card will appear on the screen.
- Now, download the admit card and take the print out.
CAIIB 2021 Exam Pattern
The conducting body releases the exam pattern for CAIIB. Candidates can go through the exam pattern; this will give you a clear idea about the exam. Below are the mentioned exam pattern details that the candidates can go through for their reference.
|Duration of the exam||2 hours|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Medium of Question||English or Hindi|
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Exam Pattern of Questions||
CAIIB 2021 Subjects Offered
Below are the given courses offered by IIBF for CAIIB:
- Advance Bank Management
- Bank Financial Management
- Corporate Banking
- Rural Banking
- International Banking
- Retail Banking
- Co-operative Banking
- Financial Advising
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- Risk Management
- Central Banking
- Treasury Management
CAIIB 2021 Exam Centre
The CAIIB exam will be conducted all over India and in more than 100 cities. While filling the application form, the candidates can pick out the exam centre according to their convenience. Below are given lists of the exam centres that the candidates can refer to before filling the application form.
|Jammu & Kashmir||Doda|
To get the complete list of CAIIB exam centres Click Here.
CAIIB 2021 Syllabus
The CAIIB syllabus is decided by the conducting authority. The syllabus will give an idea about the questions that may be asked in the exam and help the candidates prepare well and score well. Below is the given syllabus for the CAIIB 2021 exam.
Compulsory Paper-I Advanced Bank Management
- Module A - Economic Analysis
- Module B - Business Mathematics
- Module C - HRM in Banks
- Module D - Credit Management
Compulsory Paper-II Bank Financial Management
- Module A - International Banking
- Module B - Risk Management
- Module C - Treasury Management
- Module D - Balance Sheet Management
Elective Paper-I Central Banking
- Module A - Rationale and Functions of Central Bank
- Module B - Central Banking in India
- Module C - Monetary Policy and Credit Policy
- Module D - Supervision and Financial Stability
Elective Paper-II International Banking
- Module A - International Banking and Finance
- Module B - Foreign Exchange Business
- Module C - International Trade
- Module D - Derivatives
Elective Paper-III Rural Banking
- Module A - Rural India
- Module B - Financing Rural Development
- Module C - Priority Sector Financing and Government Initiatives
- Module D - Problems and Prospectus in Rural Banking
Elective Paper-IV Financial Advising
- Module A - Introduction to Financial Advising
- Module B - Financial Planning
- Module C - Financial Investment Products
- Module D - Taxation
Elective Paper-V Corporate Banking
- Module A - Corporate Banking and Finance
- Module B - Investment Banking
- Module C - Project and Infrastructure Finance
Elective Paper-VI Retail Banking
- Module A - Introduction
- Module B - Retail Products
- Module C - Marketing/Selling of retail products, MIS and Accounting
- Module D - Other Issues Related to Retail Banking
Elective Paper-VII Co-operative Banking
- Module A - Principles and Laws of Co-operative Banking Law and Rules Relating to Co-operative Banks
- Module B - Co-operative Banking Operations Deposits, Credits and Investment Management
- Module C - Technology Risk Management
Elective Paper-VIII Human Resource Management
- Module A - Human Resource Management
- Module B - Building an HR Strategy
- Module C - Motivation, Training and Skill Development
- Module D - Personnel Management and Industrial Relations
Elective Paper- IX Information Technology
- Module A - Introduction to Information Technology
- Module B - Systems and Design
- Module C - Applications in Banking
- Module D - Security Control and Guidelines
Elective Paper-X Treasury Management
- Module A - An Overview
- Module B - Treasury Management
- Module C - Treasury and International Banking
- Module D - Risk Management
Elective Paper-XI Risk Management
- Module A - An Overview
- Module B - Credit Risk Management
- Module C - Operational Banking
- Module D - Market Risk
- Module E - Risk Organization and Policy
To get the detailed syllabus topics of CAIIB Click Here.
CAIIB 2021 Study Material
As there are many books available in the market, it is very important to choose the right one to help in the better preparation of the exam. Below is the list of books available in the market that candidates can refer to while preparing for the exam.
- Advanced Bank Management by M/S Macmillan India Limited
- Bank Financial Management by M/S Macmillan India Limited
- Bank Vittiya Prabandhan by M/S Taxmann Publications Private Pvt.Ltd
- Unnat Bank Prabandhan by M/S Taxmann Publications Private Pvt.Ltd
The cutoff date for Guidelines/Important Development for Examinations
The conducting authority has the practice of asking questions about recent developments; this is to check if the candidates are keeping themselves abreast of the recent developments. There can be changes in the development of the guidelines from the date of the exam paper is prepared, and the examination's actual date. In the case of these issues, it has been decided that.
- The examination conducted by the authority from the period of February to July, the regulators' guidelines, and recent developments in banking & finance till December 31 will be considered.
- The examination conducted by the authority from the period of August to January, the regulators' guidelines, and recent developments in banking & finance till June 30 will be considered.
CAIIB 2021 Passing Criteria
The minimum marks to pass is 50/100. The candidates should score 45 in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks in all the subjects. The candidates will be allowed to retain their credits for the subjects they have passed till the expiry of the time limit for qualifying the exam.
Email- [email protected]
Contact Number- 022-2218 3302/2218 5134