V.R.S College of Engineering and Technology was established in the year 1994 under the aegis of S.P.S. Educational trust. The college is functioning with the approval of Government of Tamil Nadu and All India Council for Technical Education and affiliation of Anna University, Chennai. It has been accredited by NBA & NAAC and Recertified for ISO 9001:2008 by TUV SUD South Asia. It has been managed by Board of Governors with Mrs.Vijaya Muthuvannan as its Chairperson and Mr.S.R.Ramanathan as Secretary and Correspondent. Mr.N.Muthuvannan is Director-Board of Governors and Er.M.Saravanan looks after entire administration of the college.
To improve the socio-economic status of the rural poor peasants by providing opportunities to them to acquire engineering and technical skills.
To establish and run a technical institution with a high quality teaching and research in a rural area of poor socio-economic status and hence to make the technical education available to the underprivileged at affordable cost.
Objectives - (Short Time)
- Formulating and implementing quality teaching methodologies to ensure student-centered teaching-learning processes.
- Acquiring academic excellence by scoring 100% pass in the Anna University Examinations.
- Arranging career placements for all students after imparting personality traits, technical skills and domain knowledge among the students.
- Conducting training programs for soft skills development, entrepreneurship, career guidance and co-curricular events on regular basis for students’ development.
- Conducting sponsored International/National level conferences, workshops, seminars etc to disseminate recent developments in technology.
- Signing up of MOUs with Industries to enhance Institute-Industry Interaction leading to in-plant training, innovative projects and job opportunities to students.
- Undertaking consultancy and sponsored research activities from research organizations, government sectors, industries and alumni.
- Nurturing a cordial, harmonious and tripartite relationship among the management, faculty and students for their prospective growth and for establishing a congenial academic environment in the college.
Objectives - (Long Term)
- To emerge as a globally recognized Center of Excellence in the fields of science, Engineering and Management by Research.
- To attain the status of ‘Autonomy’ with self-sufficiency, offering career oriented programs for self motivated employment of rural youth and population.
- To have collaboration with reputed global universities for exchange of students & faculty towards ‘Sandwich programmes’ on technology transfer.
- To provide complete residential facilities for students and staff.
- To have a fully Air conditioned digitized Auditorium with a seating capacity of 1000 to conduct various National & International conferences.