University Computer Centres
The Computer Centre of the University was established from UGC Grants and started functioning from 1/4/1991. It provides Data Processing Services to assist almost all administrative sections and teaching departments of the University. Examination Result Processing, Payroll etc. are major work which involves working on huge databases. The Centre works round the clock to meet all the requirements within the time limit. In addition to University?s own information processing, the Centre is open for all Research Scholar to provide miscellaneous IT services which assist in their research works.
University Science and Instrumentation Centre
It is a service center to maintain, repair & develop the instruments of School of Studies and Colleges required for U.G., P.G. and Research Laboratories.
Maharaja Jiwaji Rao Library
- The Vikram University Library was established on Mar 1 1957It was founded by the first Prime Minister Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru on Nov 11, 1959.
- The name of the library was renamed as Maharaja Jiwaji Rao Library after it moved into its new premises.
- The library has acquired 1,60,856 books and 4800 back sets of periodicals since the time of its establishment.
- The MJR library has a special collection on Kalidas, Tulsi, Gandhi, literature on competitive exams, drawing and paintings and rare books.
- The library has procured 1645 Ph.D. thesis and 6049 P.G. Dissertations so far.
- It has published 22 bibliographical and current awareness and service publications.
- The university library renders services to the entire reading community of the university campus, affiliated colleges and also for society.
- Library provides other services such as circulation, Interlibrary loan, reprographic, Current awareness, selective dissemination of information, bibliographical, Microfilm reading facilities.
- Information and Library Network Centre is situated in Maharaja Jiwaji Rao Library. The basic objective of the INFLIBNET center to provide the information of research journals and books to the students of the university. The center procured the required software (SOUL) from Ahmedabad center and the work in this direction is in progress.
- Hostel facility is available - Four Boys hostels with 348 rooms and one Girl hostel with 100 rooms on single and sharing basis.
- University guest house is situated opposite to Vikram Vatika, It provides the accommodations to external examiners and visiting faculty.
- The united commercial bank is situated near Madhav Bhavan and assists the university in all its financial transactions such as deposition of examination fees, admission fees etc.
- The post office is located near School of studies in continuing education and helps in the university postal correspondences.