The Institute has a full-fledged Training & Placement Cell to look after the Placement activities. The Training and Placement cell provides the official support base for placement of Final year & Pre Final year students. The support services that it offers are in the form of arranging campus interviews, grooming students to face the final test of their knowledge, create and arrange value added Industrial/Practical Training to the students. The institute is equipped with two centrally air conditioned Auditoriums (with a seating capacity of 1200 and 350) for holding Pre-Placement Talk, two conference rooms for conducting group discussion sessions, seminar hall and well furnished rooms & offices for conducting interviews. The Placement Office is fully computerized. The Steering Committee of the Placement cell is headed by the Training & Placement Officer of the rank of Assistant Professor and Industrial Coordinators from each department of the rank of lecturers. In addition to the support staff, four students from each department are contributing as Student Placement Coordinators.
• To Provide best opportunities to students for Industrial and vocational training.
• To achieve maximum possible placements for students.
• To guide students on various interview techniques, group discussions, and aptitude tests.
• To put Tawi Engineering College Pathankot on the ‘Definite’ list of all top companies of India.
• To abridge the gap between Industry and Academia through feedback from the Industry, Workshops & Seminars
Other activities include:
• Periodic Conduction of IQ tests
• Arrangement of Personality Development Workshops
• Trains students in aptitude tests, interview techniques, group discussions
• Notification regarding various competitive examinations
• Organizes industrial visits
• Guides students wishing to pursue Higher Education
The T & P cell looks after all arrangements to be made for the purpose of conducting campus interviews including everything from, the Pre-Placement Talk, to the written tests, to the final interviews.
The Training and Placement Cell firmly believes in taking feedback from the companies that have visited the Institute since the feedback from the company serves as a yardstick regarding the performance of the students. This helps the Training and Placement Cell in concentrating on various areas for improvement in the students. We believe that our students are like ‘uncut diamonds’ who need to be guided in the right direction to acquire their luster.