About St Thomas College, [STC] Kottayam
St Thomas College was started up by the efforts of the Diocese of Pala a municipal town on the banks of the Meenachil river, 28 km from the district headquarters Kottayam, Kerala. Originally affiliated to Travancore University the college started with an Undergraduate course in Arts. Today the college provides both undergraduate and post graduate courses in Arts, Commerce and Science under many departments whose number totals to a sum of 15. Its professors and research scholars are engaged in research and have been credited to many research papers.
The college is situated on the Ettamunoor Erattupetta Road, a rural location and hosts a modern infrastructure consisting of lecture halls, auditorium, library, laboratories and computer center. There are 100 plus faculty all well experienced and well known in their respective streams of education. The institution has celebrated its diamond jubilee in 2010 and it would not be surprising to find that many students of the college have found themselves to be among the top students of the Mahatma Gandhi University. The College sees its Research Scholars regularly being awarded Doctoral degrees. It not only excels in academic the students of the college have continuously won laurels in the national and state level sports competitions and other cultural festivals.
To create a centre of excellence through the formation of young people empowered to create a bright future for themselves and others, irrespective of caste, creed, religion or language through dissemination of knowledge, skills and noble values.
- To inculcate the students with faith in God, love for their fellow men and devotion to the Motherland by imparting moral, religious, intellectual and physical discipline.
- To empower the students with deep knowledge and awareness of current development in their chosen subjects.
- To equip the students with skills necessary to succeed at very highest levels in a competitive world.
- To assist the students in developing a sense of personal worth, social consciousness, emotional maturity, loyal citizenship, respect of labour and proactive leadership.
- To encourage scholarship and research, especially those that are locally relevant yet globally acceptable.
- This will be achieved through teamwork and innovative methodologies employing opportunities both inside and outside the class room.
Why to Join St Thomas College?
1. Academic Achievements:
The College is renowned for its academic achievements. The institution offers a wide range of courses under 15 departments. It regularly produces Research Papers and Doctoral and Post Doctoral Thesis. It is a center for IGNOU courses as well as other Open Courses.
2. All round Development:
The college has excellent sports complex and has won positions in national and state level sports competitions. The students are given exposure to many extra-curricular events and regularly win laurels in many cultural events and festivals.
- Department of English
- Department of Malayalam
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Economics
- Department of Politics
- Department of History
- Department of Commerce
- Department of German
- Department of Syria
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Botany
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Biotechnology and Microbiology
- Department of Physical Education
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone : 04822-212317
Fax No. : 91-4822-216313
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]