About the Placement Cell :-
- A placement Cell has been established at Shankarrao Chavan Law College in the Academic Year 2012-13. It was inaugurated on 28th July 2012 by Adv. Aditya Khadria – Senior Associate SNG & Partners (Law firm Mumbai). (Placement Cell)
- The Placement Cell is set up with the purpose of acting as a transparent, credible and accountable interface between prospective employer and the student.
Objectives of the Placement Cell
- Enabling the students to gain first-hand experience of the application of various legal provisions.
- Assisting students in developing professional skills and a broader understanding of the legal profession and legal processes.
- Promoting practical approach regarding the legal field to the students by encouraging internships by means of an effective internship programme.
- Creating awareness among students regarding multiple career opportunities.
- Helping the students gain knowledge of the market needs and accordingly decide their future.
Activities undertaken by the Cell:
- The Cell being in its initial stage aims at a step by step development. So for the first year the cell took over its primary task to coordinate INTERNSHIPS for the students and has successfully facilitated internships of many students in various reputed Government and Non-Governmental Organizations, legal research organizations, law firms, corporate offices, senior advocates, clerkship under Judges and other related Public Sector undertakings.
- In meeting its objective of building functional knowledge and inculcating specific skills amongst the students, the cell has also organized sessions for students on Personality Development by Ms. Kalpana Madhyani and GD/PI skills by Mrs. Vidyulata Gawade.
- Apart from this, the faculty members organize weekly sessions for students focusing on their overall development
List of Organisation where our students got placed or have interned:
- Amici Legal, Pune
- K. Dewan Law Firm, Pune
- Riddhi Siddhi Legal Experts, Jalgaon
- The Practice Advocates & Consultants, New Delhi
- Advocate Abhay Apte, Pune
- Advocate Amit Pawan, Advocate on Record, Supreme Court of India, New Delhi
- Advocate C.K. Bhosale, Pune
- Advocate Dhairyasheel Sanas, Pune
- National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi
- State Human Rights Commission, Mumbai
- National Commission for Women, New Delhi
- National Commission for Schedule Cast and Schedule tribes, New Delhi
- Law Commission of India, New Delhi
- B. Chaphalkar Construction Co., Pune
- Tata Motors (Legal Department), Pune
- Action for Child Right, Pune
- Ashraya Initiative for Children, Pune
- Helpage India, Pune
- Helpage India, Patna
- SOS, Pune
- Universal Solidarity Movement, Indore
- District Court, Shivaji Nagar Pune
- Family Court, Pune
- Global Colleague Pvt. Ltd., Pune
- Quilex, Hyderabad
- Mindcrest, Pune.