Scholarships at NIIT University, [NU] Alwar:
The University provides scholarships to students based on different categories. Scholarships at NIIT University are provided based on academic performance in 10th and 12th, JEE/ BITSAT/ SAT/ NEET, if available, NU Admission Interaction Process [NU-AIP], exceptional performance in co-curricular activities [cultural, sports, and social service]. The scholarship details at NU, Alwar are mentioned below:
Merit Scholarships [MS 1 Level]:
- Benefits under this scheme:- INR 2,00,000 scholarships annually on University tuition fees only.
Merit Scholarships [MS 2+ Level]:
- Benefits under this scheme:- INR 1,50,000 scholarships annually on University tuition fees only.
Merit Scholarships [MS 2 Level]:
- Benefits under this scheme:- INR 1,00,000 scholarships annually on University tuition fees only.
Merit Scholarships [MS 3 Level]:
- Benefits under this scheme:- INR 50,000 scholarships annually on University tuition fees only.
Terms and conditions of Merit Scholarship at NIIT University:
- All scholarships provided are merit-based and subject to availability.
- The Scholarship offered will be retained subject to the applicant scoring a minimum of 60 per cent marks in class XII.
- The Scholarship may be upgraded in case the Applicant’s class XII aggregate scores are 90 per cent or more and/or based on the Applicant’s JEE Main/ BITSAT/ SAT/ NEET scores/ per cent, as applicable.
- Applicants should share these details at the time of enrolment.
- The scholarship is valid for the full duration of the NU programme the student is enrolled in, subject to the student maintaining a minimum academic performance of AGPA [Annual Grade Point Average] or CGPA [Cumulative Grade Point Average] of 6.0 as per the then applicable University Academic Policy.
- The scholarship may be upgraded for one academic year in case the student scores AGPA/ CGPA of 9.0 and above in any academic year. In case the student scores a CGPA/ AGPA of 10.0 at the end of any academic year, the full tuition fee waiver will be applicable for the next academic year.
- The decision for upgrading the scholarships at entry or in subsequent years is at the sole discretion of NU scholarship committee and subject to the availability of scholarships.
- The scholarship may be revoked in case the student faces disciplinary action or is unable to comply to minimum attendance rules as specified in the Attendance.
NIIT University offered a special scholarship that is extended to merit holders and top rankers in the country. This overrides a lower scholarship level determined previously. For qualifying for this scholarship the candidate must fulfil the below eligibility criteria:
|JEE Mains/NEET %
||State Board Rank
|97 - 100
||40 points and above
The candidates who are eligible for this scholarship are given full tuition fee waiver in the program, subject to their maintaining a minimum AGPA/ CGPA of 7.5 at the end of each academic year. Students must submit the proof at the time of enrollment.
Special Fees Waiver:
The University offers a special fee waiver of INR 15,000 annually. This is only applicable for a certain category of candidates. Below are the details mentioned:
- Siblings of NU students, current and alumni.
- Students who are domicile of Rajasthan.
- Children of current/ ex-employees of NIIT and its subsidiaries and NIIT Foundation.
- Children of current/ ex-employees of NU.
The fee waiver is applicable for only one of the categories mentioned above. Candidates are requested to submit their documents before the enrollment.
Scholarships for Ph.D Students:
- All full-time students with an M.Tech degree would be given a scholarship of INR 30,000 per month during the coursework and till the date of approval.
- All full-time students without an M.Tech degree would be given a scholarship of INR 20,000 per month during the coursework and till the date of approval.
- A monthly financial assistance of INR 35,000 would be given to all full time students post approval of their research proposal till 3 years from the date of their first registration.
- Monthly financial aid of INR 40,000 would be given to all full time students for the remaining period of their Ph.D till 5 years from the date of their first registration.
- Full time residential students would be exempted from paying the university fee.