Internships at National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati:
The NLUJA students have to undergo internships for a period of Four Weeks at the end of each semester during the summer and winter breaks respectively at various law firms, Courts, NGOs, Statutory Commissions and at various other places to help them get an idea about the applicability of law in different avenues. The University has prepared a broad scheme of Internship Training for different classes:
- The students of the first year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) FYIC are required to join NGOs.
- The students of the second year undergo training with lawyers and judges at the district level.
- The third year students are required to go for training at the High Courts and the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
The following is the list of NGOs where NLUJA students have undergone internships:
- Aaranyak, Guwahati, Assam
- Assam state commission for women
- Center for Science and Environment, New Delhi
- Committee for Legal aid to poor
- Eco-Friends, Kanpur
- Global Research Institute for Humanity
- Indian Red Cross Society
- P.Human Rights Commission
- MARG, New Delhi
- Orissa Human Rights Commission
- Rajasthan Human Rights Commission
- SOS Children's Village India
- Tagore Society for Rural Development, Kolkata
- Village Development Team, Tripura
- Women Development Center, Assam
- World Wide Fund for Nature - India (WWF-India)
- World Wide Fund for Nature, New Delhi