Infrastructure of National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati:
- National Law University, Assam's aim is to attract nationwide attention and enlarge the volume of all its branches coming up with international standard and manners of Teaching and Training.
- At present the National Law University, Assam is functioning from a temporary campus, which has been set up at NEJOTI Building (North East Judicial Officers' Training Institute) in Ulubari area of Guwahati.
- The University has already accommodated five batches of students of B.A, LL.B. (Hons.) Five Year Integrated Course and two batches of students of two-year LL.M. PG Course.
- NLUA is a residential institution and 120 students of B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) reside in the Three Residential Halls arranged separately for the boys and the girls.
- In order to facilitate the overall growth of its students, the University has developed a congenial and homely atmosphere in its residential campus.
- The students belonging to different cultural backgrounds amalgamate to bring forth a sense of unity even while retaining their diversity thereby presenting a true picture of the saying, “Unity in Diversity”. This also facilitates the propagation of innovative scholastic ideas.
- The girls reside in two floors of the campus building and the boys live in two separate buildings near the campus.
- The students are provided with clean and furnished rooms with a bed, a table, a chair, a table and a cupboard each.
- The hostels have a Common-Room each, equipped with LCD television having Dish connectivity, indoor games facilities.
- There is also a 24 hour hot and cold water facility in each of the hostels.
- There is a well-furnished Dining-Hall for the residents of the Hostels, and the Mess Committee of the Law University reviews the quality of food on a regular basis.
- The entire campus and all the hostels have Wi-Fi connectivity.
- The Law University pays special attention to hygiene and sanitation and the Housekeeping Staff provides regular morning and afternoon services. To ensure uninterrupted power supply, the hostel has their own generators.
- The Law University believes in the maxim that a healthy mind resides in a healthy body and that is why it has recently set up two state-of–the-art gymnasiums, one for the boys and one for the girls.
- The University has provided male and female security to guard the hostels.
- To maintain the sanctity of the academic atmosphere of the hostels ragging, smoking, consumption of alcohol and any kind of vandalism are strictly prohibited within the hostel premises.
- The Law University ensures that the students adhere to its disciplinary requirements and code of conduct.
- To ensure the sound health of the students, the hostels have proper arrangements of primary first-aid, and in a case of any medical emergency, the University has arranged the assistance of the doctors of a nearby Nursing Home. Two Part-time Medical Practitioners have already been appointed for the residents. Both the doctors visit the campus twice a month for a general health check-up of the students. A lady doctor (Gynaecologist) has also been engaged.
- The Wardens stay in the campus and the students are free to approach any of the Wardens regarding any problem, inconvenience, ill health etc.
- The NLU Assam Library endeavours to facilitate the legal society by providing the right information to right users at the right time. It is on a rapid path of growth and development since its inception in 2009, with the establishment of the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam.
- The library has undergone an expeditious growth in terms of its resources, staffs and infrastructures as time progressed.
- The Centre is equipped with a couple of High-end blade servers including HP Proliant G6 and IBM SYSTEM X servers which house the University Intranet Portal, Squid proxy servers for distributing the high speed Internet, KOHA Library management system, ERP Accounting software, DHCP servers and OpenVPN server to serve Remote Access of subscribed Online Databases and other OPAC sites.
- The University campus including the main building and the three hostels are fully Wi-Fi enabled through CISCO Access points, which is accessible round the clock.
- The Centre is having a mini computer lab which is functional comprising of a score of high configured computer desktops and High Availability Power Banks with a capacity of 5KVA resulting high capacity output and reliable power supply.
Health and Counselling Service
- NLUA Health Centre is a campus resource and service centre. We offer universal, hassle-free medical and counselling services to all students, staff and faculty members of NLUA. Our goal is to add great value to the NLUA experience for students and great comfort in knowing that a safety net for basic healthcare exists at NLUA.
- NLUA Health Centre provides 24*7 Ambulance Service.