The Central Library of Marathwada Mitra Mandal’s College of Engineering was established in 2006. The main objective of central Library is to support the educational and research programme of the institute by providing physical and intellectual access to information, consistent with the present and the anticipated educational and research function of the institute and to be a hub of knowledge with an enviable collection of reading material.
The library consists of a reference section, a journal section, a reading hall and a stack room. The library has a unique collection of encyclopedia, handbooks, textbooks, reference books, journals, CD’s / DVD’s etc. The library uses SLIM library management software for its day to day functioning. It consists of various modules like admin, book acquisitions, cataloguing, circulation, serial control, budget and OPAC.
Infrastructure & Facilities:
- Central Library is Located on the 1st and 2nd floor of the college building.
- Book Stacking Area: Subject wise labeled shelves, well organized stack section for easier dissemination of knowledge. .
- Reference Section Resources available: unique collection of journals, encyclopedia, handbooks, dictionaries, thesaurus, datasheets, data books etc.
- Reading Section: Seating Capacity of 200.
- Journal section – national and international journals.
- Open access system for students and staff.
- Multimedia – good collection of CD’s and DVD’s.
- Digital Library: 25 PCs connected on LAN and internet.
All classrooms are equipped with modern furniture, OHP, LCD projectors with white screen, greenboard, white board and internet.
MMCOE has successfully implemented e-learning system, an online teaching-learning program using e-learning software "Moodle". The aim is to move from "teaching centered approach" to "learning centered approach". From e-learning portal, students can download teaching material prepared by our teachers. This portal has various other on-line learning tools that students can use. It includes online quizzes, chat with teachers to solve queries, messaging systems, receiving assignments, etc. Dr. A.S. Sawaikar of General Sciences department and Mrs. Swati Shekapure of Computer Engineering department are coordinating the e-learning activities.