About Maharaja Agarsen College for Women, [MACW] Jhajjar
Maharaja Agarsen College for Women, Jhajjar was founded in 1984 by a devoted team of Agrawal Community. It is affiliated to Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak. The sincere and dedicated efforts of the founder President, Sh. Bishan Sarup Goyal , the then Local M.L.A, sh. Bansarsi Dass Balmiki, blessings of the Vice-Chancellor and Government Authorities brought the dreams come true with the establishment of Maharaja Agarsen College for Women, Jhajjar, in July, 1984 with its claustrophobic location right in the heart of the town.
Since its inception, the college has been doing its best to cater to the needs of potential women students of not only the town but also of the surrounding areas whose female population would have remained largely uneducated, if not entirely illiterate but for this college. That the purpose was served is borne out by the fact that within a year of its establishment its strength rose from 106 to 350 and now has reached to 1291.
It provides means for imparting literary, industrial, commercial, technical, scientific, professional, moral, religious and cultural to establish institutions such as School, College, Boarding Houses, Libraries and Hospitals etc.
To prepare them as good students by promoting in them qualities such as
- Habits of Analytical Approach
- Subject Knowledge and General Knowledge
- Moral and Aesthetic Values.
- Meditative Attitude and Spirit of patriotism through morning assembly and Prayer
- Emotional Balance
Why to join Maharaja Agarsen College for Women?
1. Laboratories are manifested with good amenities- The institute has got good laboratory facilities where students can work on their assignments and can gain more practical knowledge based on the theoretical assumptions. The various labs do include- Geography Lab, Psychology lab, English Language Lab, Computer Lab and Fashion Designing Lab. Every lab is well equipped with the necessary facilities and encourages students to exercise more on the same lines. Each and every department of study field is matched with their assignment and instrumentation.
2. Student Clubs: Clubs of students do take the first place to educate students on a more regular ground too. Through clubs they utilize the best talents available in the campus resource pool and make the worth for grooming into high ranking positions in the upcoming days. The clubs are also invested in medical awareness campaigns as well where students do enlighten others with the rights figures and facts for any epidemic and disease knowledge.
Courses Offered :-
- M.A. English which has been resumed from the session 2007–08
- M.Com which has been Started from the session 2009-10
- BCA which has been Started from the session 2009-10
- BBA which has been Started from the session 2009-10
- U.G.C. Sponsored Add-on Courses which has been Started from the session 2009-10
- Fashion Designing
- Computer Application