About JM Patel College of Arts Commerce and Science, [JMPCACS] Bhandara
The college has been Re-accredited with `A' grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore in recognition of the high quality of education and service provided by the College. The re-accreditation process is underway. The college has also been re-awarded the status of “College with Potential for Excellence” by the UGC in 2013. The college is one of the leading and premier institutes affiliated to R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur.
A Brief History Of The College
J. M. Patel College at Bhandara is a premier institution not only of the Gondia Education Society but also of the Nagpur University, and in the region as well. In order to spread the light of knowledge and education lit by Late Manoharbhai Patel, and to make it more pervasive, Late Natwarlal Patel came forward with all his generous contribution. Consequently, J. M. Patel College was set up in 1964 in the pious memory of Late Shri Natwarlal Patel's father Late Shri Jashbhai Muljibhai Patel.
It is worth mentioning that this college started as only Arts & Commerce College in the beginning. But thanks to unbounded zeal of the management, the principal and staff and other well-wishers of the institution, it has enormously risen almost to great heights within a short span of only four decades. Now this college imparts education in various disciplines like Arts, Commerce and Science upto the Post Graduation Level.
An independent department of Computer Science was established in 1985. We were the first institute in Nagpur University to launch Computer Science Courses, beginning with PG Diploma in Computer Science & Application. The College now has over 5000 students studying in over 25 different UG and PG courses right from morning 7.30 am till 8.00 pm.
Our Mission And Vision
Our mission is implicit in our logo, which includes the Sanskrit inscription "Prajvalito Jnanamaya Pradipah", "Let us light the lamp of knowledge".
The logo symbolically expresses our mission to be the torchbearer of knowledge for the community and to provide equitable access to education to all. We envision ourselves as playing the role of a humanistic, relevant and nation-building agent.
Goals And Objectives
- To provide access to learning opportunities to largest possible number of people from the region.
- To impart value-based education in order to inculcate humanistic values.
- To provide equal educational opportunities to all sectors of the society irrespective of caste, creed, religion and economic or any other status.
- To provide access to contextually relevant educational programmes and training in order to produce well-trained and highly skilled professionals in various fields.
- To provide exposure to learners to the latest advances in all the relevant branches of knowledge in order to keep them abreast of the time.
- To provide opportunities for all-round personality development of the students, and tapping their individual potential
- To inculcate a sense of civic responsibility, social commitment and moral accountability among the students
- To emerge as a well-equipped, well-staffed and community oriented centre of teaching, learning and research; to operate as a leading research institution.