Institute of Management Studies, [IMS] Dehradun Facilities
Institute of Management Studies, [IMS] Dehradun is nestled amidst beautiful and serene surroundings offering an environment that fosters learning and stimulates creativity. The university offers various facilities to students for a better learning experience. More details regarding the Institute of Management Studies Dehradun infrastructure are given below.
- Students are encouraged to make presentations in theatre-style classrooms equipped with audio-visual aids to better prepare for the corporate world.
- Numerous high-tech tools, cutting-edge infrastructure, and teaching aids ensure outstanding academic and professional performance.
- LCD projectors, multimedia kits and computers, and wireless systems are available in the classrooms.
- This lab contains the English language lab software WORDS WORTH, which assists students in improving their pronunciation, diction, paralanguage, and overall communication.
- Institute of Management Studies Dehradun has signed a Microsoft Campus agreement and has purchased all of the necessary software, including Symantec Academic Subscription, Dream Spark Academic Alliance, SPSS, and licenced software such as DB2, Visual Age for JAVA, Web Sphere, Application Server, Visual Studio, Oracle 8i, VPOP, and others.
- The campus has two seminar halls with seating capacities of 500 and 250 people, respectively.
- The seminar halls are equipped with computers, LCD projectors, and PA systems for high-quality audio and visual effects.
- These are used for seminars, staff meetings, knowledge sharing sessions, special assemblies, pre-placement talks, special functions, workshops, and other University activities and are always in high demand.
- It has four well-equipped conference halls for organising various types of conferences and gatherings.
- Institute of Management Studies Dehradun hostel offers separate accommodation facilities to boys and girls.
- The hostel amenities include television, table tennis tables, water filters and coolers, coffee vending machines, and washing machines, in addition to easy access to library and internet facilities.
- It offers 24-hour security, strict security protocols for students.
- The library enables students and researchers to find and access information using a computerised search engine.
- Over 36,931 titles and 36,931 volumes in Management, Hospitality, Mass Communication, Law, and Liberal Arts.
- The library has more than 80 leading print journals and online database subscriptions to EBSCO, SCCOnline, and Lexis Nexis.
- Books and materials are distributed by swiping the smart cards issued to students, which use the most up-to-date bar code technology.
- The centrally air-conditioned cafeteria serves delectable snacks, food, and beverages, including Indian, Chinese, and Italian cuisine, as well as refuelling coffee and tea blends.
- Soft drinks, shakes, juices, soups, and a wide variety of ice creams are also available.
- All cafeteria preparations are centred on hygiene and flavour.
- The campus has a well-equipped infirmary where minor ailments can be treated with the help of a doctor and a trained nurse.
- It also serves as a health centre, keeping a detailed medical record on all campus residents. The information is useful in times of immediate medical attention or an emergency.
- In addition, a 24-hour ambulance is always on call for both routine and emergency medical attention.
ATM and Bank
- Students and staff have access to a public sector bank and ATM on campus, which provides education loans and bank account services.
- The college has a fleet of very comfortable buses for the pick-up and drop-off of students and faculty.
- The transportation fleet consists of buses, commercial vehicles, and an ambulance fully equipped for emergencies.