Infrastructure Facilities at Indira College of Commerce and Science [ICCS], Pune:
Indira College of Commerce and Science provides a pristine campus environment conducive to learning and all-round development of students. The college is situated in such an area which is less polluted and is well connected to the main city.
- Library of ICCS is equipped to meet essential academic & intellectual needs of the students in various diverse fields.
- The online access system, e-journals, updated books, novels, the spacious reading room provides an atmosphere conducive to study.
- The library stock consists of more than 18000 books which are regularly updated with changes in curriculum.
- The library also subscribes all leading newspapers, journals- national & international.
- The ICCS institution houses a fully air-conditioned & well equipped Dhruv auditorium.
- It is an acoustically beautiful, air-conditioned concert hall used both theatre space and a multi-purpose facility.
- Dhruv Auditorium is the largest indoor performance facility at Indira Group of Institutes which can accommodate an audience of approximately 500 seated.
- The stage is equipped with a theatrical lighting inventory and a quality sound system for student address and other miscellaneous applications.
- Lightroom, Audio room and two changing rooms are available.
- Moderate space in the Lobby of Dhruv Auditorium is available for receptions.
- The spacious college canteen is an add-on, with its delicious & nutritive food at a cheaper affordable price for the students.
- The college canteen is open from early morning to late evening 10 pm.
- Students orders are catered instantly so that they may not miss out on lectures.
- The Hostels are managed centrally under Shree Chanakya Education Society.
- There are separate hostels for Boys and Girls with common canteen and Gymnasium.
- Each hostel is supervised by a warden who resides in the hostel.
- Boy’s hostel has a capacity of 150 students at Akshar hostel.
- Girl’s hostel has a capacity of more than 300 students together at Star and Galaxy Hostel.
- Medical insurance, Washing Machines, Recreation facilities like TV, Indoor Games. WiFi facility, Generator Backup etc are the facilities provided to the hostel students.
- The college sports room has facilities like table tennis, chess, carom etc & area for recreational activities.
- Students are motivated to participate in these indoor sports activities & also represent the college in various intercollegiate sports events.
- Catering to the sports needs of students the college has a basketball court as per the standards.
- Students are given ample support & time for practice.
- The college basketball team has represented the college in various intercollege, zonal, national levels.
- A gymnasium at ICCS consists of quite sophisticated machines and weights.
- The best trainers who train the students and faculties and are always ready to help or support them in any kind of exercise are available.
- Gym opens in early morning and facilities are available till 8 o’clock in the evening.
- Indira group of institutes has a 13m swimming pool open to all students & faculties as per the time slots.
- Students are provided with proper separate changing rooms, shower, trainers cum lifeguards etc.
- Internet connectivity is made available to students laptops via WIFI throughout the campus including the hostels within the campus.
- The student’s laptop needs to be equipped with licensed Operating System & Antivirus software’s to avail this facility at no cost.
- Also, the students have to register their laptop with the institute’s Server Room and sign the IT access policy of INDIRA to confirm that they follow the rules and regulations stated in the policy while accessing the data.
- Computer labs are a critical resource that nearly everyone in the student body may utilize.
- Computer labs at ICCS often include software that many students may not have on their personal computers due to cost or accessibility.
- The labs provide computing equipment, software and printers to support academic endeavours.
- The College has excellent Labs for Computer Science, Mathematics and Electronics oriented study.
- The computer lab is spacious, fully air-conditioned and well planned consisting of more than 300 systems of which the major share is contributed by advanced machines.
- The lab has the latest hi-tech configuration of hardware and software.
- Multimedia Kits have also been set-up for students to develop their knowledge with creativity.
- Labs help students to brush up their computer skills and translate their logic and imagination into innovative applications.
- An additional Programming Lab has been provided exclusively for developing programming skills.